Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 4/26/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This was the first high-end palette that I ever purchased. I was just getting into makeup and I remember I went to Sephora with a couple friends and we were basically drooling over the chocolate scent.

I use this palette almost every day. I love the shimmery shades and my favorite colors are cherry cordial, salted caramel, and triple fudge dark brown. I don't have particularly oily eyelids so it works fine without a primer, but I mean, I use a super cheap primer and it makes these colors look gorgeous and like I've just applied them even if I've been wearing them all day.

I stay away from the shades strawberry bon bon and white chocolate because I feel that they are a little bit chalky and just don't hold onto the brush long enough to get them to my face without having to stab the pan multiple times.

Many days I like to do a simple two color cut-crease and I find the rest of the shades to be very blendable. The lightest shimmery shade, champagne truffle is my favorite to apply as a "tear drop" or "tear dust", whatever that thing is called, because it really opens my eyes and has a soft pink color. When applying eyeliner afterwards the pen doesn't get stuck on the lid/shadow because the shadows are very smooth.

It's been about 7 months since I purchased this and I've only put a small dent in the colors that I use the most. Personally, with the exception of the two I stay away from, all of these colors are great and when I am looking to buy a palette I always compare to this and see if I have something similar already because I think there is a great mix of colors: shimmer, matte, brown, a little gold, a purple, and even an orange-y red.

Buy again? If I didn't, it would have nothing to do with the product, it would only be because I would opt for the semi-sweet since I haven't tried that one yet. But there's no way I could lose this!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product really lives up to its name! It smells so delicious!!!!! The shadows are so pigmented but so easy the shift around when blending. The chocolatey smell doesn't fade because even hours later my boyfriend would as me "Why do you smell like chocolate?" Love! Love! Love!

on 4/15/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product but I just don't have much luck with it. Everytime I pick up this palette I'm so optimistic about the looks I could create but I'm always dissappointed by how it applies. I use my UD Primer potion underneath but I find the colour crease and transfer within minutes of application. And some of the shades just blend away too easily. If the shades where longer wearing and didn't fade so quickly - I would love this palette. I do love the smell and the shade selection is gorgeous but *sigh* not for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

So glad I finally got this. The smell? True to life and wonderful. The textures? Smooth. The color payoff? Beautiful. The antioxidants? Bonus! I love everything about this palette and just love using it. I hope Too Faced continues this chocolate themed and enriched line. Very adorable and lush at the same time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials