Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Every time you open the palette, you smell a faint cocoa powder smell, which is super nice. Even after having it for months, it still smells delicious. This palette is a little over-priced, but to me the entire brand is overpriced. They do have some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen in the make-up world. And the products and packaging are definitely high quality so it pretty much makes it worth it. Unfortunately the lid on mine broke off from the hinge a couple of weeks ago. I'm not even sure how it happened.

The browns, golds, greens, and reds are awesome. I only wish there were more shades of Green, for example. I think this palette could have done without the pink and purple shades, they just seem out of place, to me and I use them the least. Especially in conjunction with the rest of the palette.

Candied Violet definitely seems out of place in this palette. At least, I haven't found much use for it. Maybe it's because it's such a random cool color in a mostly warm palette. I prefer warm colors in general but this shadow is also very sheer and I can't seem to build it up or apply it in a way that looks nice.

Strawberry Bon Bon also is a little outof place but luckily it applies pretty pale so I can use it as a base color. Although I already have White Chocolate for that. I just don't get the pink/purple shades in this. However, Champagne Truffle is a gorgeous inner-corner highlight color, and I even use it as a cheek highlight, sometimes.

Marzipan is my favorite shade for all over the lid. It gives you a beautiful warm, shimmery tan color, which is perfect for the lid with a brown shade (such as Milk Chocolate) in the crease. This is one of my go-to casual looks (along with White Chocolate as a base). When I don't want to spend too much time on shadow/don't want anything dramatic.

Creme Brulee is another favorite because I absolutely love gold (and I wish there were more gold colors in this) and I often pair it with Hazelnut and Semi-sweet. Gilded Ganache and Black Forest Truffle are perfect for dramatic smokey eye looks. Like I said, I wish there were more greenish browns... but I guess that wouldn't be very "chocolate-y" (although neither is purple).

Cherry Cordial goes great with Amaretto for that burgundy shadow look. Thankfully I can actually pull it off without looking sick, like some do, so it's become one of my favorite eye looks. I wish there were more brownish reds.

I've had this palette for around a year and there is still plenty of shadow left in the pans. Probably because it's not my only palette. I would like to think I will repurchase this when it runs out. Although I've recently been turned on to Colourpop shadows and am completely in love with their Super Shock Shadows (their powder formula, not so much). And I like the idea of buying individual shadows & really wish Too Faced offered individual shadows (especially Triple Fudge because it's become my go-to eyebrow and liner shade & I've used it the most). But I suppose this palette has enough wearable shadows that I sure wouldn't mind having it around if I had the cash.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love the smell! The cocoa scent is so delectable and always makes me crave some hot chocolate after. As for the shadows, they are decent but not amazing. Many of the colors can be patchy and have less than desirable pigment. Other than that, there are some great colors in this palette that are great for an everyday / nighttime look and the packaging alone makes it a great palette to have in your collection!

on 11/23/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am a sucker for high end palettes and perfumes and when i saw this, i immediately had to have it. It is adorably cute, the fact that it looks and smells (only vaguely mind you) of chocolate just makes it all the more sellable in my opinion. The one issue i have with it, is that some of the colours are significantly more transparent out of the palette, looking a lot darker inside the palette itself. So if you're looking to buy purely for the colours, you may need to either apply an extra layer or two or use a darker base colour. Either way. A beautiful, adorable palette, I'll be looking forward to more cute palettes from too faced in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Well, if I'd ran out of it, I'd buy it again, but I don't think it will ever be empty.
Now, let's talk about it, shall we?
I wasn't going to write a review on this, as everyone knows how awesome it is, but something AMAZING happened earlier and I felt like I need to do this. It fell off my counter, wide open and hit the floor so bad, I thought I had a mini heart attack when I saw it on the floor... then I picked it up praying it was ok, and let me tell you, it was LIKE NEW. Nothing happened, no cracked mirror, no ruined eyeshadow, no cracks in the box, NOTHING. That moment I realised I made a very good choice when I bought it. The shades are beautiful, very long lasting and very pigmented. I love it even more now. I think is a good investition. I liked all the Too Faced products, with one exception - a mascara that was horrible, but other than that, it is worth the money although it is on the pricey side.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette for both natural looks, and dramatic looks. The colors are mainly warm to me, and I only need to lightly tap my brush a couple times to get enough product for my regular day to day eyeshadow look. (Which is in the middle of dramatic and natural). My skin is about an NC40 for reference and I apply a little concealer on my eyes beforehand.
Its the type of eyeshadow palrtte where no matter what look I do, I get compliments on my eyeshadow, and once when I did one of my favourite looks, a little girl at a wedding reception really liked them too! I thought that was awesome :)

The fallout in this is minimal for most shades, the color selection is nice for most skin tones and undertones from what ive seen, and I use the gold and the giant shimmer highlight pan as highlighter and its really intense.

The smell is awesome, it makes you hungry lol but it did fade for me after a while, but it took a while though.

Also, I feel like there's so many color combination options with this palette, if I had to do makeup on my best friend who has fair skin with cool undertones, I could easily pick out a few combinations for her eyes to either look girly and pretty, or smokey or even grungy, or I could do the same for my skin tone which is darker and warmer.

Oh, the only downside to this palette is that dang blue shade. Like what the heck. I can't figure out how to use it, but I'm going to try to layer a colored primer underneath and see what happens.

Also, the staying power is amazing. Looks just the same hours and hours later.

Also...You need to be careful with the shimmer as I tend to apply too much (3 coats?) And later on realize it looks too much and have to start wiping it off, and I haven't noticed that 'strength' of shimmer in other palettes, so just a heads up.

on 9/20/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This palette smells divine. Honestly, sometimes I pick it up and open it for no reason other than to smell it- it just smells soooo good, and of course the packaging is super cute, although it could be a little sturdier in my opinion. The eyeshadow range in this palette is pretty much perfect to me- a good mixture of shimmer and matte shades, plus mostly neutrals, with a few pops of colour that aren't over the top at all and great for those of us who are a little afraid of using bright colours. The pigmentation is also brilliant! This palette is pricey but in my opinion worth the money- a lovely palette to have in your makeup collection, plus it was the first high end eyeshadow palette I got so that makes it extra special to me. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love love love this palette. It's great for beginners and makeup gurus! It's such a versatile palette with nice cool and warm colours. There are 6 mattes and 10 shimmers and they're all pigmented. I love how it's cocoa infused and has a slight sweet chocolate smell!
The only thing I would suggest being careful of is the shimmers. They tend to fall out a bit in the actual palette and on the eyes. I suggest you pat your shadows down a little bit. As for when you're working in the pan, be gentle and careful. I can't complain about the mattes. They're smooth, creamy and easy to work with.
As for the packaging, it's so cute! I love how it's literally like a chocolate bar. I love how the inside has a mirror and the lid gently closes because of the magnet.
Overall, this is my all time favourite eyeshadow palette.

on 4/1/2016 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette! As much as I love my reliable Urban Decay Naked palette, the chocolate bar palette may be my new favourite. This has all the neutral shades you need plus it has a few non neutral colours to change an eye makeup look up a bit. If you love neutral eye shadows and want to try something a bit different I would defiantly recommend. This is a really versatile palette and the shadows have a beautiful texture and blend like a dream. Plus it smells of chocolate!

on 3/13/2016 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this palette. I love the colors, the texture, the smell which is a natural smelling light chocolate smell. These shadows are extremely blend able and the fall out is minimal. I have very oily eyelids and nothing stay for a long, except this and few more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Everyone hypes and raves about this product and I really wanted it but I have a lot of neutral palettes already and I couldn't justify the price tag of this. However I asked for this for my birthday only recently and I'm kind of bummed that I waited for so long to buy it. The pigmentation on nearly all of these is amazing and they are very easy to work with. The packaging is cute just like most of the Too Faced range and the fact it smells of chocolate is a bonus.
Only downside is the very light pink shade which took me a long time to build up any colour whatsoever and the price tag is a little steep. However if you want to splurge on a neutral palette I would recommend this one over any others.