Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.7

on 10/18/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it because I've wanted it forever. I tried to swatch all the colors and a lot of them swatch bad (chalky and bad pigmentation) even if I use a base. I am just disappointed. I also have makeup geek eyeshadows (my first high end purchase) which swatch and apply beautifully. It took me buying this to realize how good they are.

I absolutely LOVE my chocolate bar palette!! The color combos within it work very well with my green eyes and fair skin! The individual colors are extremely blendable and pigmented. The mattes are creamy and feel amazing on your eyes! The shimmer shades are a bit less pigmented but are buildable so you can get your desired shade! The palette is all together fairly cheap due to the fact that Too Faced is a high end brand.

on 1/11/2017 2:18:00 PM

I'm honestly just not that wowed by this. I got this a few months ago when I got my Ulta credit card after wanting all 3 chocolate bar palettes forever. I just got this and the semi sweet, though. I think that i'm not in love with it because it's just another set of neutrals, and I LOVE neutrals. Nothing super impressive in here. I don't think the purples are that pretty/look that good and I don't use purple that often anyways. Gilded ganache is so ugly to me. I don't like gold so i'll almost never use creme brulee. I do really like the highlight shades, milk chocolate is good, too but nothing that I don't already have. Strawberry bonbon is pretty but i'm not sure how to wear it. I need to play with it. Amaretto, cherry cordial and black forest truffle are all really pretty also, but I guess I haven't really been that inspired to create a look with them. Haute chocolate showed up way darker than I had wanted and I want to love Marzipan but it also came out way darker/gold than I expected. The packaging is super cute though and the smell is amazing but I think I could have probably lived without this. I blame all of the hype around it. Maybe if I play around with it some more I'll like it. I made myself use the peach palette for 3 days to see if I liked it and wanted to keep it and also watched a lot of tutorials and ended up liking it and keeping it. I need to do the same for this I suppose. I just wish I loved it so much more than I do.

Update: I've found that mixing milk chocolate and semi-sweet gives me a nice crease color, and I like to go back and press white chocolate on the lid after for an everyday look. I do a similar thing with the semi-sweet palette and like the shade I get better when mixing 2 browns in there but sometimes I'll use this instead so I don't run out of the 2 in semi sweet too fast. Annoyed I only like 3 shades out of the whole palette but glad I at least found a use with it. Added 1 star.

on 12/29/2016 8:52:00 PM

I really enjoy all there eye shadow sets. I love the packaging that's the draw of it for me. The colors are great quite a few different ones that the usual to play around with. My favorite colors would be the triple fudge and gilded ganache. Great shimmer to 10 of the colors. Last a lot longer then The Balm shadow I just bought a couple weeks ago. I will definitely buy all their collections when I can afford them.

on 12/14/2016 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this palette. It has the perfect balance of matte and shimmery shades, and it is versatile enough for both day and evening makeup looks. I use this palette everyday, either on its own or together with my favourite Mac eyeshadows. Most of the colours in the palette are absolutely gorgeous, buttery, pigmented and beautiful. Few, however, are not the greatest.

The amazing ones; Marzipan, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, Creme brulee and Champagne Truffle blend like a buttery dream, and are highly pigmented.

The loser of the palette; Strawberry Bon Bon is just disappointing. Its like the ugly cousin of the other colours. It is not pigmented at all and no matter how much I layer it, I only manage to get the lightest hint of colour. The other disappointing one is the Cherry Cordial. When I saw it, I was hoping for an intense reddish brown that could be used for an evening makeup. Instead, Cherry Cordial is so lowly pigmented that I can use it for a day look.

Still, I absolutely love this palette, use it everyday, and would recommend it to everyone.

*Edited: I recently bought the Chocolate Bon Bons palette, and actually prefer it over the chocolate palette. If you are extremely pale, and have cool colouring, I would recommend that you check that one out. I still love the chocolate one but find that the colours in the Bon Bons palette suit me much better.

on 10/3/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This eyeshadow palette is all you need. Such a great collection of natural colors for everyone. Pigmented and smooth with out any fallout or glitter. A must have!

on 8/10/2016 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

There is nothing in the world like this pallate, If has a beautiful mixture of matts And glitters and smell AMAZING. if you need one pallate for the rest of your life, defiantly this. 10/10

I did give this 5 stars, but that's pretty much because if I was gonna own any piece of makeup that speaks to me, it would be this one. BUT with that being said, I wasn't like- Holy crap! This is the best eyeshadow I've ever used! I have indeed used drugstore eyeshadow that performed just as well. But, the product itself is one of a kind (other than the dupe that's out). I have blue eyes, and this is really pretty, but I wish I had purchased the semi sweet. I will eventually purchase it, and if I like it, that will be the one I repurchase. If you can find this on sale or have a birthday coming up, I would recommend it. But if you think you "have" to have it for $49, I PERSONALLY don't think it is worth the splurge. But that is just my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love, this is a very versatile product, the range of colours allows me to do more natural and heavier make up looks, making it a great product for taking away with you!

I usually after a while get bored of palettes but this one is great for creating lots multiple looks colour wise. Other palettes I eventually have to incorporate other palettes/shadows to mix it up but no need with this one.

The actual shadows smell amazing!! And feel very soft and powdery. I find them quite pigmented which I really like and don't take that much building.
Much better pigmented than the Naked pallets (urban decay)

The champagne truffle highlight is the best highlighter I've ever used! Comes out a lovely shimmery pink and works great on feature points like cheek bones etc

There is a great mixture of shimmer shades and matte which actually allows me to use the product for my brows too.

Only couple of downsides is the shadows without primer do seem to fade and not be quite as crisp, if you do a crease cut after an hour or so it's not very sharp anymore and becomes one shade. Also some of the shades don't quite come out the same as they look; for example the cherry one I find comes out as more as a brown rather than a purple sort of colour.

Packaging is durable and very very cute which I like. Fairly small palette compared to some which is another reason it's great for taking away. Easy to clean and keep looking nice.

I've been using Naked palettes for years and never thought I'd bother buying another brand of palatte as I was quite happy with my Naked palattes!
My friend bought me this as a birthday gift and I love it
The colours are so pigmented..more so than Naked
I love Marzipan and Salted caramel the most
Salted caramel goes really well with dark black liquid eye liner
Love the packaging and the smell also
10/10 for me