Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

I bought this at Ulta during their 21 Days of Beauty sale. I’ve been quite impressed with the quality of the shadows. I like how smooth and matte they are—definitely different texture from the Urban Decay palettes. I’d say this one is my favorite and I’m loving this brand!

Smells delicious, colors look nice and are pretty long lasting. Pans are very shallow I went through my favorite color pink sugar in no time at all. Reason for poor rating is the darker colors don't seem to blend well on the skin and end up looking dirty. Also there is a lot of fall-out and I mean a lot. Another thing is I think there's something in the formula that irritates my eyes, maybe it's the scent. Other than that the packaging and colors are great and I do like the idea of a scented product but maybe just not for the eye area.

on 6/15/2018 10:31:00 AM

At the end of the day, this is my go-to palette. You can create basic looks or something more dramatic. There are a lot of neutrals/browns so you have to like that sort of look to get your money's worth. Some beautiful shimmery lid shades. I also love the pink and purple colours to mix things up when I'm in the mood. Has a nice mirror, good packaging, and smells like chocolate (which everyone knows). It just makes me happy looking at this palette! I will be going on vacation for 2 weeks and this will be the only palette I bring as its so versatile. Definitely recommend and would repurchase.

Really good staple palette. Works on all skin tones and has a good range of basic shades with a creamy formula. And they last forever. I wish the matte pink shade was a little better, but the rest of the palette compensates for sure.

on 10/15/2017 12:54:00 PM

This was my first ever more high end purchase and boy was it a good one. This palette has stood the test of time and will continue to do so for many more years to come. I still remember the giddy feeling I got after buying it. I was in France (we don't have Too Faced here) and I was doubting so much because I didn't want to spend more after a pretty expensive citytrip so I initially walked away and continuing talking about that palette. So when we were in a shoe shop and I was still going off whetever or not I was wise to pass up on it, my friend turned to me and said:'''Please, just walk back and buy it. This is the only chance you will have and maybe then you will shut up''. So I basically ran back to Sephora, grabbed it and took a beeline for the cashier. Never regretted it.

The packaging is on point and for sure the trendsetter. The smell immediately got to me and when I first bought it, I often found myself just grabbing it, looking at it, smelling it and then putting it away lmao.
The shades are really good, with a few misses. The brown mattes are all on point. Good to blend, barely any kick up and the perfect base shades Then you have your pops of colors that could do with more pigmentation, but are good enough to build up and give you a beautiful eye look no matter what. However, the light pink matte Strawberry Bon Bon however is a let down and I feel like this could have been replaced by a rich, deep brown or something. Cherry Cordial is also slightly on the too chalky side and I have noticed this shade to fade sooner than the rest.

I reach for this palette more often in the fall and winter than I do in spring or summer, but I will forever treasure it and the moment it runs out, I will order a new one, for sure.

on 7/26/2017 1:24:00 AM

This was the palette that introduced me to high end makeup. I remember looking everywhere for an eye-shadow palette that had great colours with excellent pigmentation and performance. This palette ticked all the boxes. I have bought drugstore eye-shadows before to much dismay, as they looked great in the pan but were bland on the eyes. This palette was and continues to be my favourite eye-shadow palette and formula. Whenever I wear this it always gives me beautiful looks. I can do darker more sultry styles and Light everyday work makeup.

The shadows are creamy and soft without kickback or fall out. I love the shades and the pigment is as beautiful on the lid as in the pan. The shadows last all day with my Elf eye-shadow primer and they never look muddy. I love the smell and enjoy applying eye-shadow because of this palette. I will definitely always have this palette and can happily say I own other palettes like the semi sweet and peach because I love the line.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What's not to love about this incredibly lush palette? I've not felt the need to review it as there's been a massive buzz over it since it's release. But, I just repurchased the chocolate bar and I've fallen for it all over again, so I thought I'd share the love! The colors are decadent; the powders so buttery soft and blend like a dream! As a new MUA I find this palette works on every person, young or mature, and every skin type/color. The mattes are smooth and pigmented and the shimmers literally melt onto the lid to give that soft glowy (not glittery) pop! This palette has been a huge investment, as you can create every seasonal trend out there with it. You can do a soft, dreamy summer bridal to a dark smokey, club look. I reach for it time and time again over all of my other palettes. I will most certainly continue to repurchase!

On a side note: I wish Too Faced would bring out a trio palette with Salted Caramel, Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. Hit pan on these three too quick, and I could use a couple of backups! 😄

on 5/29/2017 7:21:00 AM

I was excited about these palettes when I first got them in my hands, but the more I try to use them, the less I care. Chocolate Bar in particular i find lacks quality for the price ($59CAN). Ill still use it, the shadows are workable but I dont find they make a great impact. Im very light NC20 or lighter, I use es primer and a lot of the shades need to be packed on to show up, and they're quite lackluster. The browns are decent for definition. Regardless, they can still work well for every day use, but out of all these palettes, Bonbons performed the best. I adore the packaging and the smell though.

EDIT: after trying this again after some time, something changed. Perhaps my expectations were different at the time I wrote the review. Ive been really enjoying this palette lately and all the colours seem to work fanatically. The shadows are not what I'd call buttery soft and they are really pressed in, but I've been enjoying every single look I've gotten out of it since I picked it up again. Cherry Cordal has been a staple and I'm loving Strawberry Bonbon as a transition/blending shade. I also realized that Champagne Truffle makes a fantastic subtle champagne highlight on my cheekbones. I'm getting a ton of use out of this now!

on 5/1/2017 4:13:00 AM

I don't get this. I don't get the hype. This palette is so boring to me. Not enough warm tones, they all look similar. The browns are nothing special. The purples are hopeless to work with, the olive green colour shows up as a brown on the eyes, marzipan doesn't even show up properly on my lids and that was the colour I was looking forward to the most. Just such a boring palette. Not worth the money

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes! The colours are stunning! The pigmentation is amazing and the smell is so heavenly! You can do countless looks and it lasts all day. Highly recommend 😄