Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 2/28/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My everyday eyeshadow palette, I have a large collection of eyeshadow palettes and I literally use this every day for work and most of the time for going out on weekends - only reach for another if i need a pop of colour or I'm experimenting. The smell is amazing and I adore the packaging. The shadows blend out easily and have great pigment, all except the light pink shade which i find absolutely useless.

on 2/23/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this palette was overhype's but I tried it and I really like it! If you are a fan of purple-brown neutral shadows, this palette is great! The only shade I don't like is pink sugar because I feel that it is too pale for my medium skin tone. The shimmer shades are pigmented and beautiful for neutral or even bolder, smokier looks. It looks like there are a lot of browns but each brown adds a different vibe to the look. The highlighting shades are also beautiful and so creamy; you can even use the shimmer one on the cheekbones! The only shadow I found was lacking pigment was candied violet; it is stiff and doesn't show up well even on the lower lash line but I still think this palette is versatile and really fits within the chocolate bar theme!

on 1/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

I would never purchase this palette again. It's way too boring for me. I personally feel like Too Faced fills a good majority of their palettes with a ton of browns. I never use this and this was my first high end palette.

on 12/26/2016 7:58:00 AM

I am in love with this product , I received it yesterday on Christmas and followed a Palatte tutorial it came out to die for ! Just from the look I created I already love it more than my UD naked Palette and intend on trying more looks shortly .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My current favorite palettes of the moment are this and Chocolate Bon Bons, which has some similar shades but overall they are a different experience, and this Chocolate Bar runs more brown.
The colors in this palette are GORGEOUS, pigmented, smooth, so on and so forth. The mattes and the shimmers are both creamy and long-wearing. Before these palettes, I would occasionally run into a not-so-pigmented shade or two in my Too Faced palettes, but they've really perfected their craft and these palettes are worth every penny, and then some.
There are two browbone shades in larger pans, White Chocolate (pale cream matte shade), and Champagne Truffle, a shimmery pale icy pink. Both are beautiful but I prefer a shimmer on my browbone, so I mostly use Champagne Truffle for that and White Chocolate on the lid as a base color.
Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate are perfect medium-toned matte transition colors; the former being warm terra cotta colored, the latter a cooler brown. Both blend very well and get a lot of use in my day-to-day makeup looks. There is also a darker matte shade, Semi-Sweet, great for corners when rounding out a matte eye look.
A nice strawberry-milk colored pink (Strawberry Bon Bon), two shimmery pale and medium golds (Marzipan and Creme Brûlée), some warmer red toned (Amaretto and Cherry Cordial- the latter being my favorite dark shade), and some other dark shimmers (Hazelnut, Black Truffle, Haute Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Candied Violet- indigo blue/purple, and Gilded Ganache- gold/green) complete the assortment. There is a favorite color or two here for everyone; I have a hard time choosing, but Champagne Truffle, Marzipan, Salted Caramel and Cherry Cordial are some stand outs so far.
These colors are great for creating a multitude of both matte and shimmery looks, but generally I like to mix them and really throw in as many colors as I can to make everything blend really seamlessly. It is not a loud, in-your-face color selection but then again those kinds of palettes never really call my name or look right on me, even if they're good quality shadows. This is a palette for the everyday woman who prefers natural, romantic or softer smoky eyes for day or night.
The packaging really is adorable and looks great displayed. It smells divine. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Too Faced's packaging might be what drew me in, but the quality is what keeps me buying, and now I will be a fan for life.
The price ($49) is obviously higher than your run-of-the-mill drugstore palette, but those aren't offering the quantity and (generally) quality of the eyeshadows presented here, nor the unique packaging. IMO, it is worth every dollar and I hope they never discontinue this because I need it in my life!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another high standard too faced product. After owing (and loving) the too faced semi sweet for about a year my boyfriend treated me to the too faced chocolate bar palette. Ever single shade is usable on my skin (medium skin tone with neutral undertones).
Glided ganache - a shimmery green, goldish brown. This shade glitters, but it isn't chunky or rough to touch and there is no fall out.
White chocolate - creamy white matte. Perfect as a base colour to make other colours pop.
Milk chocolate - light matte brown. Perfect transitional colour. I also find it compliments my brown eyes.
Black Forest truffle - purpley brown shimmer shade. A very stand out shade in the palette, perfect when created a smoky eye.
Triple fudge - matte dark brown. Lovely as a crease colour for a brown & gold smoky eye.
Salted caramel - matte rust brown shade. Beautiful as a base for a gold eye look.
Marzipan - shimmery champagne gold coloured shadow. Quite possibly the most pigmented shade in the palette. This shade is definitely my favourite of the palette. It looks good blended with other shadows, in the inner corner or even alone on the lid.
Semi sweet - medium matte brown. The most natural brown eyeshadow colour. Really good as a transitional colour.
Strawberry Bon Bon - matte light pink shade. Not as pigmented as other shades but works as a base colour.
Candied violet - shimmery violet grey shade. Not a favourite shade of the palette as I don't feel it matches the warmth of the palette completely but I have found uses for it.
Amaretto - shimmery red brown. One of the most beautiful shades of the palette. Really beautiful lid colour (I pair with cherry cordial in the crease and marzipan patted in the corner of the lid).
Hazelnut - shimmery bronze. Beautiful crease colour for brown and gold eye make up.
Crème brûlée - shimmery gold shade. It's so pigmented and it is a nice gold shade, not looking yellow like some shadows tend to do.
Haute chocolate - shimmery light brown. It looks amazing on brown eyes paired with semi sweet.
Cherry cordial - burgundy rust red matte shade containing glitter. Lovely outer corner crease.
Champagne truffle - champagne pink highlight shade. Extremely pigmented, beautiful paired with any shade in the palette.

Every single shade is blendable and they all go so well together. This palette also suits my sister who is the opposite of me (she has blue eyes, pale skin). The signature chocolate smell is also as usual a very nice touch. I find it lasts 9+ hours with primer, also staying in place in 30+ degrees (Celsius / 86+ Fahrenheit) . When only taking this palett on a two week holiday I found myself easily able to create different looks all day, and I was not wishing I had other palettes there. I own around 18 palettes and this is fast becoming a favourite. The shadows are so buttery smooth so there are no issues packing product onto the brush.

on 7/31/2016 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you wanted only ONE eyeshadow palette in your makeup stash, GET THIS ONE. This palette is all you need to create so many different looks!! 🙌🏼

on 7/14/2016 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a formality, I'm gonna mention how fantastic this palette smells. Some colors are sort of annoying in that they're not as blendable or pigmented (Candied Violet, Cherry Cordial, and just generally the dark shimmery shades), but if you build it up enough they're a nice accent on the outer lid. Others are nice but could offer more pigmentation, like Strawberry Bon Bon. However, some of these I am absolutely in love with like Crème Brûlée, Triple Fudge, Champagne Truffle, or Milk Chocolate because they have great pigmentation and color. Overall, this palette has a lot of great colors that offer a ton of different looks. Some are up in the air, but overall I really enjoy this palette and it was a great splurge for me.

on 6/14/2016 9:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I actually got this as a gift and Wow!! It's amazing!! It stays in place long and smells AMAZINGGG!! A must have for every girl. And it's cruelty free which is a must for me👍

on 5/16/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this palette. Marzipan and salted caramel are life! I always reach for this palette because the shadows are so soft and buttery. But also because you can make so many looks. I'm not big on dark smokey eyes and was worried I wouldn't be able to get the most out of this palette but, I can make endless amount of looks without them being super dark. I use almost every colour, except for the violet and the pink. Those colours are kind of waste in my opinion. But if there are only 2 colours in a pallet you don't like then you know it's a winner. It's rare to find a big palette where you absolutely love all the colours. But this one is pretty darn great!!