Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

I actually really love this palette! The packaging I hate to be honest but I don't let that affect my rating too much because I use this a lot. The purple color isn't the best. Probably the worst out of the palette not gonna lie but the rest are really great! Excluding the purple they are very pigmented and smell of cocoa! As my second too faced palette, I could not have chosen a better one.

on 4/10/2017 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This palette is a gorgeous neutral palette with very wearable warm and cool neutrals for all complexions. The pigmentation is excellent, and I've used every single color in this palette, which is something I've never done with any eyeshadow palette. The warm colors are neutral enough to be used for cool skin tones, which is unusual from my experience. Warm colors, even neutrals, pull orange on me, but I can wear these with ease.

The reason I didn't give this palette a 5 is that the shimmery shadows are too metallic looking for my aging eyes, and there are a couple of glittery colors, which aren't OTT glitter, but just enough to make me not want to wear them because the glitter is noticeable. This is unfortunate because the color combos with this palette are endless. There are a few matte shades, but not as many as I would've hoped.

I would still recommend this palette to anyone, and I will still use it, but I will reserve the high shimmer shades for evenings out.

on 1/19/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buy this palette because you need it and you will love it like i do

Its really good

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The packaging feels very substantial, and it has a magnetic closure and a large mirror inside. The colors are all very wearable, and blend easily. The only thing I don't like is the fallout, especially with the glitter shades. After a couple hours, I am wearing more glitter under my eye than on it. The chocolate smell is crazy strong at first, and while it does subside, it's definitely still there.

on 5/23/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received this palette as a Birthday Gift from my boy friend. Great quality and good pigmentation from this eyeshadow palette. The only eyeshadow brand I wear is from Too Faced!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great palette! I had to get this due to the hype built around it. I finally got it a few months ago (I am so so late, I know). I was slightly disappointed in it at first because I felt like I couldn't get too many looks out of it. It took some getting used to but I realized that it was a personal problem. I'm just not one of those people who likes making looks out of a single palette - I feel trapped and confined. However, I've given myself some time to play around with it and I like it a lot! This is my go-to palette for a basic neutral look - mattes and shimmers. I don't feel like I can "play" with the palette just because I think it's one of those reliable palettes for a good look.

The formulation of the shadows is fantastic. I'm sure you've heard this a million times before but they really do blend together well. The shadows aren't chalky (with the exception of Strawberry Bon Bon - I find this shadow kind of useless). There are warm shadows along with cool-toned ones.

It's a great staple to add to your collection!

on 5/18/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I personally love this palette. The color range is largely neutral, and there are enough purples & champagne shades to really work nicely with my brown eyes. It doesn't have a lot of bright or dark shades, but I personally go for more conservative looks, and so this is perfect for me. The packaging is nice - a metal case with a mirror. The shadows themselves are soft, pigmented, and buttery. They blend nicely and wear throughout a full workday for me (although I always use an eyeshadow primer). The palette does have a faint chocolate scent, but I do not find it overwhelming, and I don't notice it once the eyeshadows are applied. I can only detect it if I actually pick up the palette & sniff it. I own a lot of eyeshadows, and I find myself reaching for this one fairly often. I would definitely repurchase it.

on 5/3/2016 7:38:00 PM

I don't normally give a 5 "lipstick review" lol but the reason I did was because I would DEFINITELY recommend this over a Naked palette any day. If you are looking for your first neutral high end palette I would definitely recommend one of the chocolate bar palettes or even the Lorac Pro over the UD Nakeds. The reason being is this palette is so versatile and will compliment just about any skin tone. You get a good balance of both matte and shimmer shades and it's very easy to get a full look using this one palette alone. I would rank this as very superior in quality compared to a Naked palette with nearly every shade being very pigmented, easy to blend, and with minimal fall-out. The only shade I don't like would be strawberry bon bon but that's just my personal preference. The shades when applied to the lids will last all day and for hours on end with a good primer. Not to mention the packaging and the smell of chocolate is divine. If you are new to high-end makeup and in the market for a good neutral palette I would HIGHLY recommend!