Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I bought this palette because I fell in love with the Sweet Peach palette and I enjoy it a lot but not as much OVERALL as I do the SP. Packaging is cute and great even though it isn't practical but that's already been mentioned a billion times so I'll spare you. So I mentioned I would repurchase it but only for the shades Milk Chocolate, Semi Sweet, Salted Caramel, Triple Fudge and White Chocolate. Basically all the mattes lol. And of course Haute Chocolate and Creme Brulee. Not feeling Hazelnut. It's different somehow. The rest aren't really that special or wowing to me. They are pretty. But they don't CALL to me..ya know? I dug Candied Violet and Strawberry Bon Bon out with a nail file because those shades were MAJORLY throwing me off! I had to get them out so I could see the palette more clearly. Really changes the way you look at it if you remove those 2 shades. I personally like it better this way and it's easier to get inspired from it somehow too. But yeah. I do love this palette and literally use it everyday and use Milk Chocolate and Semi Sweet with every look just about. But I do wish that TF would put out a palette with a ton of the matte shades from the chocolate bar/sweet peach lines all in one. It's not even that mattes are my favorite type of eyeshadows. It's just that TF has a bomb matte formula. At least from what I can see of the CB and SP. I say it is definitely worth buying. Price is high but mines lasted me over a year now and I still haven't hit pan on any shades! I do only use 3 shadows generally for each look though so that could be why. But yeah I'd say buy it for sure.

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

I actually really love this palette! The packaging I hate to be honest but I don't let that affect my rating too much because I use this a lot. The purple color isn't the best. Probably the worst out of the palette not gonna lie but the rest are really great! Excluding the purple they are very pigmented and smell of cocoa! As my second too faced palette, I could not have chosen a better one.

on 4/10/2017 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This palette is a gorgeous neutral palette with very wearable warm and cool neutrals for all complexions. The pigmentation is excellent, and I've used every single color in this palette, which is something I've never done with any eyeshadow palette. The warm colors are neutral enough to be used for cool skin tones, which is unusual from my experience. Warm colors, even neutrals, pull orange on me, but I can wear these with ease.

The reason I didn't give this palette a 5 is that the shimmery shadows are too metallic looking for my aging eyes, and there are a couple of glittery colors, which aren't OTT glitter, but just enough to make me not want to wear them because the glitter is noticeable. This is unfortunate because the color combos with this palette are endless. There are a few matte shades, but not as many as I would've hoped.

I would still recommend this palette to anyone, and I will still use it, but I will reserve the high shimmer shades for evenings out.

on 1/19/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buy this palette because you need it and you will love it like i do

Its really good

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The packaging feels very substantial, and it has a magnetic closure and a large mirror inside. The colors are all very wearable, and blend easily. The only thing I don't like is the fallout, especially with the glitter shades. After a couple hours, I am wearing more glitter under my eye than on it. The chocolate smell is crazy strong at first, and while it does subside, it's definitely still there.

on 5/23/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received this palette as a Birthday Gift from my boy friend. Great quality and good pigmentation from this eyeshadow palette. The only eyeshadow brand I wear is from Too Faced!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great palette! I had to get this due to the hype built around it. I finally got it a few months ago (I am so so late, I know). I was slightly disappointed in it at first because I felt like I couldn't get too many looks out of it. It took some getting used to but I realized that it was a personal problem. I'm just not one of those people who likes making looks out of a single palette - I feel trapped and confined. However, I've given myself some time to play around with it and I like it a lot! This is my go-to palette for a basic neutral look - mattes and shimmers. I don't feel like I can "play" with the palette just because I think it's one of those reliable palettes for a good look.

The formulation of the shadows is fantastic. I'm sure you've heard this a million times before but they really do blend together well. The shadows aren't chalky (with the exception of Strawberry Bon Bon - I find this shadow kind of useless). There are warm shadows along with cool-toned ones.

It's a great staple to add to your collection!

on 5/18/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I personally love this palette. The color range is largely neutral, and there are enough purples & champagne shades to really work nicely with my brown eyes. It doesn't have a lot of bright or dark shades, but I personally go for more conservative looks, and so this is perfect for me. The packaging is nice - a metal case with a mirror. The shadows themselves are soft, pigmented, and buttery. They blend nicely and wear throughout a full workday for me (although I always use an eyeshadow primer). The palette does have a faint chocolate scent, but I do not find it overwhelming, and I don't notice it once the eyeshadows are applied. I can only detect it if I actually pick up the palette & sniff it. I own a lot of eyeshadows, and I find myself reaching for this one fairly often. I would definitely repurchase it.