Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

on 1/2/2017 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Chocolate bar when it first came out (with the thicker packaging) & I absolutely loved it. It was my everyday palette and used almost every single shadows. Unfortunately, I lost my first palette and bought a second with the new packaging which is thinner. I can't help but notice that the formula changed? It might just be me, but I didn't find myself reaching for some shadow as it seem dry and as richly pigmented as the first one. (Ex. cherry cordial, strawberry bon bon) The color selection is perfect for everyday natural looks as it consists of various brown shades with different undertones yet keeping it fun with some pop of colors that are neutral. I especially love using salted caramel in the crease. Without a primer, the shadows lasted a good 4-5 hours before it begins to fade and with a primer, it lasted 7+ hours.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have many Too Faced products that I genuinely love, but I never EVER reach for this palette. I find these shadows dry and chalky. Not true to pan at all. Especially in the case of sugared violets (the purple shade), and the other reddish-toned shades, which is unfortunate because those were the shades I was most attracted to. The scent is nice, but overall it is a major disappointment for me.

on 11/6/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Such a classic palette.I you just want to have one palette in your life this should be the one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this!!! It's my favorite eyeshadow palette ever!!! That says a lot considering how many eyeshadows I actually own. It's such a fun palette. You can create so many looks, neutral, smoky, formal, girly. It's all the palette you need. Plus the fact that it smells like chocolate is amazing!!! I love it!!! The highlighters are amazing and the best!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I definitely didn't expect to love this palette as much as I do. The colors are gorgeous and will look good on a wide variety of skin tones and eye colors. They blend seamlessly and beautifully. If you're a beginner, I highly suggest you buy this palette because it contains all of the colors that you will ever really need. You can recreate countless eye looks with the 16 shades you're given with (including two double-sized highlight shades). This palette retails for $49 which is a great price because you get 16 shadows and two of those are double-sized so 49 divided by 18 then each shadow is for less than $3, what more could you want?I've been reaching for this palette over my Urban Decay Naked palettes. I love the smell of this palette, I honestly just wanna lick it (don't worry, I won't!). I'm taking down two lippies for the packaging, it's very beautiful and thin but I would've appreciated it if they had the names of the colors on it instead of on a separate clear plastic-y thing and the magnetic closure isn't as strong as I would like it to be. Overall, it's a fantastic palette, run out and buy it right now because you will not regret it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only person to really be let down by this palette? Number one, it's extremely annoying that the names of the shadows are not written inside the palette, but on a little plastic insert that you throw away or if you keep it, it's totally in the way. The pigment just doesn't come out the color I'm expecting. They are very smooth, great smelling shadows, but I'm much happier with Any of the Urban Decay Naked pallettes. It's difficult to put my finger on, ( which I know doesnt help much in a review) but I genuinely wish I could return it. Very unhappy with it & wish I had gone with Lorac. Ive tried a ton of chocolate bar tutorials & I'm just not feeling it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great neutral palette that smells like cocoa! :) I love this and the colors are mostly warm brown tone but it does have a few cool toned shades. There are 6 matte shadows, 8 satin shadows and two shimmery shades with obvious glitter. The satin shades may be considered shimmery to some. The shadows blend well and have great color pay off. I do wish there were more cool tone and matte shades in this palette. I like matte shades best and cool tones look better on me. The palette is bulky which is why Too Faced repackaged it into a slimmer tin. The names are on a clear piece of plastic that will most certainly get lost by most who purchase. I don't do makeup tutorials so knowing the names of the shadows isn't a big deal to me. This palette has some minor flaws but all in all worth the money and a fav.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I held off of buying this palette for quite a while purely because I feel I have too many palettes, let alone adding another neutral one to my collection. But while I was out shopping a few weeks ago I saw this one, it was the last on the shelf and I felt compelled to buy it; as per usual.
First of all, I think Too Faced have really upped their game in terms of their palettes. The boxed ones they have pale in comparison to the 'A Few of my Favourite Things' palette and this Chocolate bar one. Probably because they are trying to compete with Urban Decay and the Naked collection.
Anyway, the packaging of the Chocolate Bar palette is gorgeous, I bought the one in the new slimmer packaging, so its lightweight, slim and easy for travelling. The case looks like a chocolate bar, and inside you get sixteen matte and shimmer shadows, which I think is a really good deal considering the Naked palettes only have twelve. Also, I'm not generally a fan of scented make up, but as soon as I opened it I could smell chocolate. Its definitely not overwhelming though, and didn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin.
Onto the colours themselves. I am pretty much in love with all sixteen, as they are all gorgeous and unique neutrals with some purples, pinks & maroon shades in there too. The shades are as follows:
. Gilded Ganache- This is a warm chocolate brown shade with gold & bronze shimmer running through it
. White Chocolate- A matte pale beige shade, buttery and smooth to apply. Very similar to shades such as Spotlight from the Natural at Night palette & Heaven from the Daytime Natural eye palette.
. Milk Chocolate- This shade is a muted warm toned brown with a matte finish, I love using it as a blending out colour in the crease, it creates lovely definition and blends out really easily
. Black Forest Truffle- A maroon slightly wine coloured base with gorgeous gold micro glitter. Do not be too concerned about the glitter, its not chunky and does not give masses of fallout, and it is a truly stunning shade
. Triple Fudge- This shade is a matte dark brown; it is very similar to 'Dark Chocolate' from the AFOMFT palette. Very good for deepening the outer v or creating smoky looks
. Salted Caramel- A warm muted orangey brown matte shade, possibly one of my lesser used shades from the palette as I'm not a fan of orange tones on my fair skin, but still, its buttery smooth, blendable and good for a crease colour
. Marizpan- This is one of my favourite shades of the entire palette, its a peachy shades, with a hint of maybe a salmon pink in there somewhere, its quite frosted so it gives quite a metallic finish. Its truly gorgeous as an all over the lid shade. In loooove
. Semi Sweet- A medium matte brown shade with reddish undertones that once again is good in the crease or outer v for those who like to create more natural eye looks
. Strawberry Bon Bon- This is a cool toned baby pink shade. I hate it when palettes have these baby pinks because I must admit I don't get a lot of use out of baby pink. I have used it in a couple of looks, and like the other matte shades in the palette is gorgeous and smooth easy to blend, but its not really my thing
. Candied Violet- I am really into my purples lately, and this shade makes me want to make more purple looks. Its a violet shimmer shade, quite cool toned with pink, purple & a tiny bit of greeny blue micro shimmer. Its got a bit of a dark navy in there too. Its another one of those shades where you should not fear the tiny glitter particles, there is not loads of fallout
. Amaretto- Named after one of my favourite alcoholic beverages, Amaretto is another red toned medium brown but this one has a gorgeous gold sheen to it. Its quite frosted like Marzipan, so the two shades can blend quite well together
. Hazelnut- A golden frosted bronze brown shade, it has really good pigmentation and is yet another shade perfect for doing a traditional neutral smoky eye
. Crme Brule- I think every neutral palette has to have a gold shade in there somewhere, and this palette is no exception. This is quite an interesting dark gold shade though, as its got some pinky undertones going on there, possibly they've taken some inspiration from Trick in the Naked 3 palette because it looks a little bit like a rose gold shade
. Haute Chocolate- Another warm reddish brown shimmer shade, its quite muted and has a frosty finish that allows for some truly amazing colour payoff
. Cherry Cordial- I think red undertones should be hailed as the main inspiration of the palette, because here is another! This shade is a slightly more plum red shade however, with a matte base colour being given a golden shimmery sparkle. It reminds me a lot of Soire from the AFOMFT palette, but Soire is a touch darker
. Champagne Truffle- Last but by no means least, is Champagne Truffle, the highlight shade of life. Seriously its gorgeous! Its a bright white base shade mixed with a shimmery pale pink with a little bit of gold sheen and it is PERFECTION under the brow bone, I do not say that lightly. You could also use this as an all over the lid shade because its quite brightening, or even as a highlight shade for the face, its very multi purpose.

Ok, so apologies that this has gone on forever but there is a lot to be said about this palette. I think it is one of my most used neutral palettes and I'm so pleased that I own it. Its pretty pricey at 45, but in my opinion for sixteen shades its pretty fair. My favourite shades have to be Black Forest Truffle, Candied Violet, Marzipan and Champagne Truffle. If you love neutral eyes and are in the market for a palette, go get this!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The Chocolate Bar palette is kind of a weird concept with the cocoa powder thing, but I've really enjoyed having it, and I use it every day now. I bought it because I was getting kind've bored using my Naked 1 palette, and had bought both the Naked 3 and the Lorac Pro palette only to return them out of disappointment. I wanted blendable neutrals that I could combine in multiple ways, and that's exactly what this collection of shadows delivered.

I like that they don't mess around. You get the one palette, no teensy extras, no brush you're never going to use, etc. The packaging seems a little chunky, it seems like there's a lot of silly space at the bottom beneath the shadows, but nothing too bad. The closures are magnetic, and I do have some worry they will wear out, but I don't intend to toss mine around so I'm not overly concerned. The only truly disappointing thing about the palette is that the shadow names are only provided on a clear plastic piece, not printed on the palette. I want the shadow names, so I have to keep that piece of plastic, which is somewhat annoying.

The product itself is lovely. The shadows are all well pigmented and extremely soft. I love that when you open the palette you get the smell of chocolate. They also taste sweet too, which I discovered by accident.

The shadows are really, really blendable, and the colors work together in so many different combinations. The one thing I will say is that for a few of the darkest colors, it seems like they lose a little intensity within an hour or so of wear, so I would start a little darker than you want and it'll settle perfectly. Other than that, no creasing or fading. Note-I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance under every eye look.

Overall I would say I'm very pleased with this product. It's a lot of shadow for the price (and extra props to Too Faced of including larger pans of the highlight shades! Nothing is more annoying than having to lug around extra products because your palette is out of blending/highlighting shades). The smell is calming and makes me happy to use. I've finally found a palette worth keeping!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this chocolate bar. I had one Too Faced "Sexy" palette before and I didn't like it at all. I tried all the colors at Sephora and decided to give this brand another try. I am glad I did. All the colors are very pigmented and beautiful, a very good pallete, there are shimmer colors, matt colors, very easy to work with. I think they are very thoughtful that they put two light shadows (the matt white one and the shimmer white one" with extra quantity, because I use both more often, almost every look, so, good job! It also has chocolate smell. I love chocolate, so I am very happy about it. For whom don't like chocolate smell, maybe won't be the pallete for you. I also uploaded some photos, hope would be helpful.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. How to put this, for mine, it doesn't close/click properly, also I think the container can be thinner, would be easier to travel.