Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Other
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

on 4/10/2017 12:44:00 PM

Terrible quality for the price and overly hyped in my opinion. It looks pretty in pan, but most colours barely show up on my skin and can be duped with many other palettes or singles.

Would not purchase again or recommend.

Off topic, I just purchased Smashbox Cover Shot palette in Golden Hour and it's incredible. It was only $35 CDN and is just gorgeous. I would rather buy 2 Cover Shot Palettes than spend the money on a dud like TF Chocolate Bar.

I love pretty much every shade in this palette. With so many options, you literally can come up with endless color combos for every occasion. I like to use the 1rst, and the last two on my eyes during the day for a casual smokey eye.

The shadows are very light in weight and give a cream smooth finish on your eye lid.

on 6/22/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a make up artist, but I enjoy experimenting.
This won me over against the UD Naked Pallette 3, just due to the amount of eye shadows (16 compared to 12)
OMG, I love it there is NO fallout at all, so no time to tidy up, it smallest of chocolate (due to the Cocoa butter) also tastes (don't ask) and I found it blends amazingly :)
Happy :)
They are highly pigmented, as well as stays on with ough budging.
The price in the UK is 39, compared with UD NP3 (38), I heard it use to be more, but I cannot complain.

Over all, 5/5

on 12/28/2014 4:51:00 PM

i like this palette. It has a really great color range. And it smells like chocolate. I have had mine a year and the smell is still there.

The shimmer shades have a very fine glitter.The matte shades are very smooth. A few are a bit chalky when swatched but go on the eye pretty smoothly.

DOWNSIDE: You definitely need eye primer with these. They crease like crazy and dont adhere to the eyelid very well without it. Used with Primer I find they last until i was it out with very minimal fading.
I have seen no fall out.
The best part of this palette is the selection of colors. Really great for warm toned/darker skinned gals as well as cooler/lighter skinned gals.

Packaging is nice too. They have made it thinner now which is great because previously it was a bit too bulky for my taste, Now it's a lot sleeker.

on 12/9/2014 10:27:00 AM

Best neutral Palette on the market. Smells like chocolate. Eyeshadows are very pigmented and easy to blend.

on 5/26/2014 11:17:00 PM

I love this palatte! This is my first high end eye shadow palette and I'm so happy my husband bought me this one! The differences between this and drug store brands are on a whole nother level. it only requires one application, it goes on smoother and more evenly, and doesn't crease. Oh and don't even get me started on the smell. Oh my god, who would've thought the smell alone would attract buyers? I go open my palette just to smell it sometimes. I'm definitely buying another soon just in case they ever discontinue it!

on 2/16/2014 4:27:00 PM

Great palette to own...... wide range of eyeshadow shades plus the quality is excellent ( I have not had any issues with fallout. ) I love palettes however, it is not easy finding one that works for me, however, the Chocolate Bar Palette is a great choice for me. (I'm NW10 with blonde hair and brown hair and this palette works for my cool coloring.) A lot of options with this palette and I can create so many looks ..... again a great palette to own.

on 2/3/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am just loving this palette, it has me excited about makeup all over again. I bought the new Smashbox one as well and don't even use it. The pigmentation and colour selection is both unique and so wearable. It comes with three cards with looks to get you started, I always appreciate that as I stare at a new fresh palette! The smell is actually like chocolate and it is packaged in a sturdy tin, both cute and I think, durable. I have a lot of Too Faced palettes and can say this is one of the best, don't miss out on getting it. Leave the full exposure and get this one I promise you will be better off. I have received so many compliments on my standout blue eyes since starting to wear this and |I am in my mid 40s so its good for older women as well. So awesome