Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 4/10/2017 12:44:00 PM

Terrible quality for the price and overly hyped in my opinion. It looks pretty in pan, but most colours barely show up on my skin and can be duped with many other palettes or singles.

Would not purchase again or recommend.

Off topic, I just purchased Smashbox Cover Shot palette in Golden Hour and it's incredible. It was only $35 CDN and is just gorgeous. I would rather buy 2 Cover Shot Palettes than spend the money on a dud like TF Chocolate Bar.

I love pretty much every shade in this palette. With so many options, you literally can come up with endless color combos for every occasion. I like to use the 1rst, and the last two on my eyes during the day for a casual smokey eye.

The shadows are very light in weight and give a cream smooth finish on your eye lid.

on 12/28/2014 4:51:00 PM

i like this palette. It has a really great color range. And it smells like chocolate. I have had mine a year and the smell is still there.

The shimmer shades have a very fine glitter.The matte shades are very smooth. A few are a bit chalky when swatched but go on the eye pretty smoothly.

DOWNSIDE: You definitely need eye primer with these. They crease like crazy and dont adhere to the eyelid very well without it. Used with Primer I find they last until i was it out with very minimal fading.
I have seen no fall out.
The best part of this palette is the selection of colors. Really great for warm toned/darker skinned gals as well as cooler/lighter skinned gals.

Packaging is nice too. They have made it thinner now which is great because previously it was a bit too bulky for my taste, Now it's a lot sleeker.

on 12/9/2014 10:27:00 AM

Best neutral Palette on the market. Smells like chocolate. Eyeshadows are very pigmented and easy to blend.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I have dark tanned skin right now, but couldn't resist buying this palette from all the rave reviews and you know what? It is frickin AMAZING! Colors blend beautifully and actually show up on my skin tone. Super pigmented. Smells sooooo good that I get happy just opening it up and catching a whiff of it!

Go buy it already. Yea, $50 isn't cheap but it is worth it IMO.

I used this today with my Phys Formula va va voom mascara, which also has this cocoa/vanilla scent to it, and the combo smelled soo yummy together!

on 5/26/2014 11:17:00 PM

I love this palatte! This is my first high end eye shadow palette and I'm so happy my husband bought me this one! The differences between this and drug store brands are on a whole nother level. it only requires one application, it goes on smoother and more evenly, and doesn't crease. Oh and don't even get me started on the smell. Oh my god, who would've thought the smell alone would attract buyers? I go open my palette just to smell it sometimes. I'm definitely buying another soon just in case they ever discontinue it!

on 5/7/2014 11:45:00 PM

I find the chocolate palette is most comparable to the naked palette because they are both warm browns but I prefer the TF more for the following reasons;
1. UD has 12 shades, TF has 16
2. UD has 2 mattes, TF has 6
3. Some shadows from UD are too shimmery, the shimmers in TF are more subtle which makes it easier to wear everyday and office appropriate.
4. TF has 2 cool tone non-brown shades(light pink and purple)which makes the neutral palette a bit more interesting.
5. I like that there are 2 bigger pans of highlighter shades, one matte and one shimmer. Because the pans a bigger, I actually use the shimmery one as a highlight for my cheekbones and its excellent.

All of the shades are pigmented and buttery. A few I would like to take note of because of other reviews and give my opinion.
Strawberry Bon Bon, some say its not very pigmented, I find mines pigmented for a matte shadow, I had no problems with application.
Black Forest Truffle is the on,y shade I find to have glitter but compared it is not chunky glitter like UD's sidecar where there is fallout. I don't have a lot of fallout with Black Forest Truffle.
Candied Violet, some say it isn't pigmented, I think if you are looking for a vibrant shimmery violet, this isn't going to give that result. I thought this would disappoint me because more purples make me look like I have a black eye or it appears as a dark grey on my lids but surprisingly I really love this shade. I use this all over the lid and it give a subtle smokey purple shade that's very wearable especially when paired with Cherry Cordial I the crease.

One of my main concerns was the packaging might be a bit too bulky but compared to the UD Naked 3, it's a centimeter thicker and a centimeter wider but it's more than a centimeter in length, overall it's great for travel, does not take up too much space in my makeup bag. The magnetic closure is secure enough. My only biggest complaint is how I wish the names were printed next to the pan because they have such adorable names.

I would totally recommend and repurchase this palette.