Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 10/15/2017 12:54:00 PM

This was my first ever more high end purchase and boy was it a good one. This palette has stood the test of time and will continue to do so for many more years to come. I still remember the giddy feeling I got after buying it. I was in France (we don't have Too Faced here) and I was doubting so much because I didn't want to spend more after a pretty expensive citytrip so I initially walked away and continuing talking about that palette. So when we were in a shoe shop and I was still going off whetever or not I was wise to pass up on it, my friend turned to me and said:'''Please, just walk back and buy it. This is the only chance you will have and maybe then you will shut up''. So I basically ran back to Sephora, grabbed it and took a beeline for the cashier. Never regretted it.

The packaging is on point and for sure the trendsetter. The smell immediately got to me and when I first bought it, I often found myself just grabbing it, looking at it, smelling it and then putting it away lmao.
The shades are really good, with a few misses. The brown mattes are all on point. Good to blend, barely any kick up and the perfect base shades Then you have your pops of colors that could do with more pigmentation, but are good enough to build up and give you a beautiful eye look no matter what. However, the light pink matte Strawberry Bon Bon however is a let down and I feel like this could have been replaced by a rich, deep brown or something. Cherry Cordial is also slightly on the too chalky side and I have noticed this shade to fade sooner than the rest.

I reach for this palette more often in the fall and winter than I do in spring or summer, but I will forever treasure it and the moment it runs out, I will order a new one, for sure.

on 7/26/2017 1:24:00 AM

This was the palette that introduced me to high end makeup. I remember looking everywhere for an eye-shadow palette that had great colours with excellent pigmentation and performance. This palette ticked all the boxes. I have bought drugstore eye-shadows before to much dismay, as they looked great in the pan but were bland on the eyes. This palette was and continues to be my favourite eye-shadow palette and formula. Whenever I wear this it always gives me beautiful looks. I can do darker more sultry styles and Light everyday work makeup.

The shadows are creamy and soft without kickback or fall out. I love the shades and the pigment is as beautiful on the lid as in the pan. The shadows last all day with my Elf eye-shadow primer and they never look muddy. I love the smell and enjoy applying eye-shadow because of this palette. I will definitely always have this palette and can happily say I own other palettes like the semi sweet and peach because I love the line.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What's not to love about this incredibly lush palette? I've not felt the need to review it as there's been a massive buzz over it since it's release. But, I just repurchased the chocolate bar and I've fallen for it all over again, so I thought I'd share the love! The colors are decadent; the powders so buttery soft and blend like a dream! As a new MUA I find this palette works on every person, young or mature, and every skin type/color. The mattes are smooth and pigmented and the shimmers literally melt onto the lid to give that soft glowy (not glittery) pop! This palette has been a huge investment, as you can create every seasonal trend out there with it. You can do a soft, dreamy summer bridal to a dark smokey, club look. I reach for it time and time again over all of my other palettes. I will most certainly continue to repurchase!

On a side note: I wish Too Faced would bring out a trio palette with Salted Caramel, Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. Hit pan on these three too quick, and I could use a couple of backups! 😄

on 5/29/2017 7:21:00 AM

I was excited about these palettes when I first got them in my hands, but the more I try to use them, the less I care. Chocolate Bar in particular i find lacks quality for the price ($59CAN). Ill still use it, the shadows are workable but I dont find they make a great impact. Im very light NC20 or lighter, I use es primer and a lot of the shades need to be packed on to show up, and they're quite lackluster. The browns are decent for definition. Regardless, they can still work well for every day use, but out of all these palettes, Bonbons performed the best. I adore the packaging and the smell though.

EDIT: after trying this again after some time, something changed. Perhaps my expectations were different at the time I wrote the review. Ive been really enjoying this palette lately and all the colours seem to work fanatically. The shadows are not what I'd call buttery soft and they are really pressed in, but I've been enjoying every single look I've gotten out of it since I picked it up again. Cherry Cordal has been a staple and I'm loving Strawberry Bonbon as a transition/blending shade. I also realized that Champagne Truffle makes a fantastic subtle champagne highlight on my cheekbones. I'm getting a ton of use out of this now!

on 4/10/2017 11:59:00 AM

I got this palette over a half a year ago and I've loved it since day one. The chocolate bar palette is an incredibly popular palette for a reason. The shades are super blendable which makes it beginner-friendly too, there's the neutrals, the fun colors and the darkest color, "triple fudge", which proves that you don't always need black in the outer corner to make a stunning, dimensional eye look. Most shades I absolutely adore, such as salted caramel, marzipan, milk chocolate, semi sweet and champagne truffle. The neutrals aren't boring and they're very unique. There are amazing transitional shades and really pretty shimmers. Candied violet and strawberry bon bon are fun shades to play around with. This is my go-to palette when I'm travelling for example, it's so versatile. The smell is addicting, and recently, for example, my friend confessed to have been sniffing my palette while we were sharing a hotel room and I was having a shower, which I totally relate to. I'm so happy I made this purchase because I've learned so much through it and pretty much all of my favorite eye looks I've made with this palette!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes! The colours are stunning! The pigmentation is amazing and the smell is so heavenly! You can do countless looks and it lasts all day. Highly recommend 😄

I absolutely LOVE my chocolate bar palette!! The color combos within it work very well with my green eyes and fair skin! The individual colors are extremely blendable and pigmented. The mattes are creamy and feel amazing on your eyes! The shimmer shades are a bit less pigmented but are buildable so you can get your desired shade! The palette is all together fairly cheap due to the fact that Too Faced is a high end brand.

on 2/28/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My everyday eyeshadow palette, I have a large collection of eyeshadow palettes and I literally use this every day for work and most of the time for going out on weekends - only reach for another if i need a pop of colour or I'm experimenting. The smell is amazing and I adore the packaging. The shadows blend out easily and have great pigment, all except the light pink shade which i find absolutely useless.

on 2/23/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this palette was overhype's but I tried it and I really like it! If you are a fan of purple-brown neutral shadows, this palette is great! The only shade I don't like is pink sugar because I feel that it is too pale for my medium skin tone. The shimmer shades are pigmented and beautiful for neutral or even bolder, smokier looks. It looks like there are a lot of browns but each brown adds a different vibe to the look. The highlighting shades are also beautiful and so creamy; you can even use the shimmer one on the cheekbones! The only shadow I found was lacking pigment was candied violet; it is stiff and doesn't show up well even on the lower lash line but I still think this palette is versatile and really fits within the chocolate bar theme!

on 1/30/2017 7:36:00 AM

I love this palette, the package, the smell, the colors. Everything is stuninng. For this price you get many shadows compare to other paletts of too faced which have 9 colors and it costs 36 $. I used it everyday alone or combine it whith other paletts.