Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 4/10/2017 12:44:00 PM

Terrible quality for the price and overly hyped in my opinion. It looks pretty in pan, but most colours barely show up on my skin and can be duped with many other palettes or singles.

Would not purchase again or recommend.

Off topic, I just purchased Smashbox Cover Shot palette in Golden Hour and it's incredible. It was only $35 CDN and is just gorgeous. I would rather buy 2 Cover Shot Palettes than spend the money on a dud like TF Chocolate Bar.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only person to really be let down by this palette? Number one, it's extremely annoying that the names of the shadows are not written inside the palette, but on a little plastic insert that you throw away or if you keep it, it's totally in the way. The pigment just doesn't come out the color I'm expecting. They are very smooth, great smelling shadows, but I'm much happier with Any of the Urban Decay Naked pallettes. It's difficult to put my finger on, ( which I know doesnt help much in a review) but I genuinely wish I could return it. Very unhappy with it & wish I had gone with Lorac. Ive tried a ton of chocolate bar tutorials & I'm just not feeling it.

This is just meh to me. I bought it after reading about it on the boards. I like some of the colors, but others just pull too orangy on me. I use it on occasion, but I use all my Naked palettes way more.

Pros- cute packaging, good shadow sizes (meaning there's a lot of product). It is highly pigmented, and as one reviewer said, a light hand is needed, which I like. The shadows I do use I like a lot, good pigment and staying power.

Cons- just maybe a lot of the shadows area a little too warm for my taste.

Pretty pricey, but I think I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta and it's no more than other palettes really.

Edit- I kept trying it, it kept looking orangy. I gave to my dd. Not worth it for just the 2 shadows I have dupes for.

I don't hate this, and I do use it probably a couple of times a month, but I know that after I hit pan on the few shadows I do use I will probably throw this out with some barely used. Oh well.

on 1/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

I would never purchase this palette again. It's way too boring for me. I personally feel like Too Faced fills a good majority of their palettes with a ton of browns. I never use this and this was my first high end palette.

on 12/18/2016 3:28:00 PM

This was such a disappointment for me. I was so incredibly excited and had heard such amazing things but this palette did not live up to the claims at all. I purchased from a reputable shop so I know the palettes definitely not a fake, but honestly you would think it was. Although it smells lovely and the packaging and some of the shimmers are of a nice quality, there are quite a few 'dud' shades and many of the shadows are dry and quite chalky! Many of the shadows blend into one another and consequently it is difficult if you want to create a halo eye or even just any definition. The shades get very boring very quickly and I lost my inspiration with it due to the shadows almost 'muddying' together. Had to use a fixing spray with every shimmer to get any proper pigment from the shadows and ended up scraping the surface of with a teaspoon in attempt to reach a softer shadow that would be more pigmented - no such luck. Yes the mattes are quite nice and soft but overall it's just not worth the price point. I'd recommend a Morphe palette instead - much better quality with soft, buttery, pigmented, blendable eyeshadows.

on 3/6/2016 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I feel a little duped by this product. What I love the most is that the shadows are so easy to blend. Even the darkest ones in the palette blend like a dream. I felt like a makeup artist. But that's where it ended. Within an hour the darkest shades are lighter than when I applied them. I used this with a Mac paint pot under, my daughter used it with the too faced shadow insurance. Our eyes looked exactly the same by the end of the day-a muted brown. We used 3 colors each, different shadows. Needless to say, these do not stay on all day.
For my teenage daughter this is great. For a woman who wants and needs those colors to last for shading in the crease and brightening on the inner corner, well this was a fail.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have many Too Faced products that I genuinely love, but I never EVER reach for this palette. I find these shadows dry and chalky. Not true to pan at all. Especially in the case of sugared violets (the purple shade), and the other reddish-toned shades, which is unfortunate because those were the shades I was most attracted to. The scent is nice, but overall it is a major disappointment for me.

on 11/29/2015 7:09:00 PM

The packaging is cheap for how much your paying. After a few months the cardboard with the mirror came off and the tin case doesn't close right. The quality of the eyeshadowd are ok. There are a Few eyeshadowd that aren't as pigmented. Not even using the urban decay eye primer will work. I bought it because back then it was very new and the product to have. It does smell like chocolate, not something I would like personally... I would not repurchase. Seems like now they are coming out with much better formulas for pigmented shadows.

on 4/15/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product but I just don't have much luck with it. Everytime I pick up this palette I'm so optimistic about the looks I could create but I'm always dissappointed by how it applies. I use my UD Primer potion underneath but I find the colour crease and transfer within minutes of application. And some of the shades just blend away too easily. If the shades where longer wearing and didn't fade so quickly - I would love this palette. I do love the smell and the shade selection is gorgeous but *sigh* not for me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

the TWO issues i have is that the lid doesnt stay propped open, i wish it would! also NO product names on the inside come on? how hard is that.

other than that, this is a perfect brown palette, it glides lovely and no fallout.

UPDATE:: I decided to sell mine, I didnt wind up using it a lot. some shades have NO pigment which is disappointing, the gold one is crap