Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 44-55
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What's not to love about this incredibly lush palette? I've not felt the need to review it as there's been a massive buzz over it since it's release. But, I just repurchased the chocolate bar and I've fallen for it all over again, so I thought I'd share the love! The colors are decadent; the powders so buttery soft and blend like a dream! As a new MUA I find this palette works on every person, young or mature, and every skin type/color. The mattes are smooth and pigmented and the shimmers literally melt onto the lid to give that soft glowy (not glittery) pop! This palette has been a huge investment, as you can create every seasonal trend out there with it. You can do a soft, dreamy summer bridal to a dark smokey, club look. I reach for it time and time again over all of my other palettes. I will most certainly continue to repurchase!

On a side note: I wish Too Faced would bring out a trio palette with Salted Caramel, Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. Hit pan on these three too quick, and I could use a couple of backups! 😄

on 11/24/2016 1:26:00 AM

Mmmmm yummy smells like chocolate and the packaging what can I say I'm a sucker for packaging two-faced has some of the most smart packaging out there so girly and elegant at the same time just love all the products and this one here has wonderful pigmentation

on 9/18/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although the colors are wonderful, in my opinion the pigmentation is poor and within two hours the colors are fading. I do not use eye primer and i do not have oily lids. Too bad...

EDIT. I start to use eye primer and the results were amazing. Yes! Now I love this palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Remember when you were a kid and your family took you out for ice fream and you had a sundae? Remember the smell of the chocolate sauce after you accidentally spilled it on yourself?
That is what this palette smells like: stale spilled chocolate sauce.
It's so imbued with the aroma that I got rid of mine.

The palette itself is very easy to use, good pigmentation, but too warm overall. I really could not make many of the medium brown shades work. Salted caramel and milk chocolate never looked right on me and weren't usable transition shades. Gilded ganache had, like several shades, lots of fall out, end of a work day was a bummer after trying them. Even with really tacky primers like the one Fyrinnae makes.

I found it to be a bit of a let down.

on 2/26/2015 10:21:00 PM

I am really happy with this pallet. Love the smell of chocolate and the quality of pigment. I actually don't use this as shadows, I use it as liners with a wet brush and I love the intensity of the colours. Comes highly recommended by me!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this and returned it. I'm just too cool toned to wear 95% of the colors here. The purplish color was o.k. but I already have dupes that I like better in my shadow collection.

Why are 95% of the eye shadow palette's on the market geared toward warm complexion tones?

Love love love this palette! You get more highlight colors which I think was very smart of Too Faced to do. The shadows have great pigmentation and blend well. I really have nothing bad to say about it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The quality and texture of the shadows are really nice.The matte highlight color seems kind of powdery and doesn't seem to stay on very well. The purple Candied Violet goes on pretty sheer but looks really pretty if applied on top of a purple or blue cream base. Otherwise the other shadows are really pigmented and last all day.

Despite the nice quality of the shadows, to me there is something wanting in the actual shades. It's probably personal preference and also just luck in terms of how the shades interact with my skin tone. The lighter matte brown is too light and just looks bland on me. And the darker matte brown seems little too cool for me. The other neutral shades vary in color. The palette gives a little bit of every color - reddish, bronzey, greenish, purply. But on me they tend to all look the same when I apply on my eyes. I wish that the variations in color would show up more. They all just look dark brown and hard to tell apart. That there are too many browns that are the same darkness. There are only 2 colors that I would consider good medium lid colors - one is pinkish and one is bronzy gold. They are both fine, but don't excite me. The one color that does look especially pretty and makes an impression when applied on my eyes is Salted Caramel which is an orangey matte brown.

Overall, I am glad I have this palette because it is high quality and looks nice. I like Salted Caramel and Candied Violet enough that it is worth having just for those colors. But I don't feel excited by the other colors. I wish for more striking variations. I chose this palette instead of the Naked 1 palette because with the greenish taupe, reddish browns, and purple I thought I would get more variety compared to the naked palette. But I'm not sure I made the right decision. Even though there do seem to be more color variations on first glance, they don't show up on me when applied to the eyes. It might show up better on people with lighter skin. It seems like the Naked palette actually has more striking variations within the palette even if there aren't as many different variations of brown as there are in the chocolate palette. So if you ask if I'd buy again, I'd probably say no and buy the Naked 1 palette instead. Of the 3 naked palettes that one is probably the most comparable.

on 8/26/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I really like this one. It's got excellent color range, and the quality of the shadows is really good. Although, I find the mattes and shimmers to be better than the sparkle colors. This palette gives a warmer toned neutral eye with some colors added in like violet, cranberry and olive for some variety. Overall a great value, and an amazing travel palette.

on 5/20/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this palette and the packing is adorable. I have always like too faced shadows because they are so soft and easy to blend even if they are a bit powdery. Great colors in this palette, just wish it had more mattes.