Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.8

on 3/11/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this palette. In OG chocolate bars, I am semi sweet, this, and bon bons. This creates great work looks, neutral eyes, and just basic eye looks. It's perfect. The formula is soft and creamy, it doesn't fade, and you just can't go wrong. Definitely one of my top 5 and I have 20+ palettes.

on 4/23/2016 6:58:00 PM

Ok so besides my Urban decay naked palletes this is by far my favorite!
i had been wanting to get this for a long time after seeing many youtubers rave about this product and the rave is real guys!! lol.. its a little bit pricey but its defintley worth it, all of the shades are totally wearable and blend like a dream! very pigemented but the only shadows i seem to have trouble with pigmentation wise is cherry cordial and candied violet, beautiful colors in the pan but kinda chalky when i tryed to build them up, but it didnt bother me to much anyway as theres soooo many other beautiful colors in the pallete! Packaging isn't amazing but its not bad, its sleek and a decent sized mirror inside and sturdy.

smells absolutely AMAZING! its a pleasure to work with! Overall very impressed and i will defintley be purchasing Too faceds next choc bar pallete semi-sweet!

Trust me.. Buy this pallete!! you wont be dissapointed :)

on 3/11/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Oh wow! I have purchased many high end makeup and eye shadow palettes over the years, I have never really been overly impressed with *any* of them until now.

Wow!! I really love this palette. I love the colors! I love the texture! I love the smell which is a natural smelling light chocolate smell. These shadows are extremely blend able and the fall out is minimal. I am fair with yellow/peach undertone and these colors are so great for me. I have started using shadows on a regular basis because I love this product so much.

Btw, the orangish colors are *super flattering* and they are really not colors that I would have ever tried previously.

on 3/13/2015 2:44:00 AM

So I swore to myself that I would not buy into the hype over this one as I have more than enough neutral palettes to get by on for the next forty years or so....these famous last words came back to bite me - as they always do. I managed to hold out to the end of 2014 for this but have not looked back ever since as it's been getting so much love and I really am so happy to have it.

For me Too faced shadow palettes can be hit or miss, generally I love the creamy soft shadows but have had about 4 palettes that have just been let downs for me. However I love this palette as its so versatile and fits in with every other palette I own - it can be a daily work horse.

For reference my skin is fairly light, I have blonde hair and green eyes and try to steer away from dark eye shadows as I find them "too much" on me and tend to go for a light / medium neutral look and only usually use darker shadows as liners. I have and find I can use most shades in this palette apart from Triple Fudge that I don't like and Gilded Ganache as any olive on me just turns muddy and unflattering looking and this one is no exception.

Strawberry Bon Bon is a pretty pale pink but not very pigmented so needs quite a few layers to get some colour showing - at least its not chalky. My matte Semi-Sweet is a bit dry and hard to pick up - but makes a good liner. I love Salted Caramel as it's so different being an orangey-brown, I generally use this as a crease shade and if its looking too orange for the look I'm going for it can be toned down slightly with a light application of Milk Chocolate brushed and blended lightly over the top. My two absolutely favourite standout shades are Marzipan a light peachy-brown and Cream Brulee a soft flattering gold - both are go to's as an all over lid colour.

My favourite two every day go to looks from this palette are:
Lid to Brow Bone: White Chocolate / White Chocolate
Outer "V": Haute Chocolate / Hazlenut
Lower Lashline: Marzipan / Creme Brulee
Upper Lashline: Amaretto or / Semi-Sweet
Black Forest Truffle

While I do like the smell of chocolate, it was not the reason I purchased this palette, but Too Faced were not silly and I think this was a great little marketing ploy to get people interested in something new. The shadows are a pretty decent size especially the matte and shimmer highlighter shades at 2.8grams each. I would see myself re-purchasing this in the unlikely chance that I will complete this palette...

on 12/30/2014 9:58:00 PM

I am 40 w medium fair/ blonde, mid- length hair with olive tone green eyes. Started throwing out all outdated palettes and color singles. I have a colleague who works at a Make up and color "processing and baking" assembly plant in the big apple. She gave me the real deal on duration and product effectiveness on palettes...specially high end ones..Any how..moving on..l Started browsing eye make up tutorials and I saw Maya Mia Utube step by step,, super easy awesome-tutorials on eye make up application. I consider myself a 7.5 on make up application, learning to be creative...and use tutorials to get better (two years ago I didn't know jack). So if you want to be noticed get watchin tutorials...yadayadayada....Maya Mia used on a tutorial the new Chocolate bar. I was so impressed I went to Sephora and got it. I was contemplating either Special edition Vice from Urban Decay or Chocolate bar. So... I saw a lady applying make up and it was an easy decision to make. One had Urban applied..the other Too faced. Chocolate Bar-Winner all around..The packaging is sturdy metal casing, well designed Chocolate themed slim case, smells delicious and the texture of the colors when applied went on smooth, High pigmentation, easy to blended, but do not fade under or when margin to other colors do not fade in. Great for persons with my similar features. Urban is great (prior user 2 years). This palette comes with 4 ye sample ideas...buy it!! run and get it! worth it!! btw..get a decent set of make up brushes..otherwise you are wasting product and you will not be very successful on blending, edges or any real sharp design. start with a decent Don't forget Smashbox face primer..Eco brush kits sets at Wallgreens, (a useful bargain for learning curve time),,,then move on to Makeupgeek.... MAC colors or brushes...ahhh overrated dont waste your money... There you have it..go..go..go get it!!
Chocolate Bar a 8.5/10..Loooove it!