Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 36-43
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

3.0

This is just meh to me. I bought it after reading about it on the boards. I like some of the colors, but others just pull too orangy on me. I use it on occasion, but I use all my Naked palettes way more.

Pros- cute packaging, good shadow sizes (meaning there's a lot of product). It is highly pigmented, and as one reviewer said, a light hand is needed, which I like. The shadows I do use I like a lot, good pigment and staying power.

Cons- just maybe a lot of the shadows area a little too warm for my taste.

Pretty pricey, but I think I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta and it's no more than other palettes really.

Edit- I kept trying it, it kept looking orangy. I gave to my dd. Not worth it for just the 2 shadows I have dupes for.

I don't hate this, and I do use it probably a couple of times a month, but I know that after I hit pan on the few shadows I do use I will probably throw this out with some barely used. Oh well.

on 5/7/2014 11:45:00 PM

I find the chocolate palette is most comparable to the naked palette because they are both warm browns but I prefer the TF more for the following reasons;
1. UD has 12 shades, TF has 16
2. UD has 2 mattes, TF has 6
3. Some shadows from UD are too shimmery, the shimmers in TF are more subtle which makes it easier to wear everyday and office appropriate.
4. TF has 2 cool tone non-brown shades(light pink and purple)which makes the neutral palette a bit more interesting.
5. I like that there are 2 bigger pans of highlighter shades, one matte and one shimmer. Because the pans a bigger, I actually use the shimmery one as a highlight for my cheekbones and its excellent.

All of the shades are pigmented and buttery. A few I would like to take note of because of other reviews and give my opinion.
Strawberry Bon Bon, some say its not very pigmented, I find mines pigmented for a matte shadow, I had no problems with application.
Black Forest Truffle is the on,y shade I find to have glitter but compared it is not chunky glitter like UD's sidecar where there is fallout. I don't have a lot of fallout with Black Forest Truffle.
Candied Violet, some say it isn't pigmented, I think if you are looking for a vibrant shimmery violet, this isn't going to give that result. I thought this would disappoint me because more purples make me look like I have a black eye or it appears as a dark grey on my lids but surprisingly I really love this shade. I use this all over the lid and it give a subtle smokey purple shade that's very wearable especially when paired with Cherry Cordial I the crease.

One of my main concerns was the packaging might be a bit too bulky but compared to the UD Naked 3, it's a centimeter thicker and a centimeter wider but it's more than a centimeter in length, overall it's great for travel, does not take up too much space in my makeup bag. The magnetic closure is secure enough. My only biggest complaint is how I wish the names were printed next to the pan because they have such adorable names.

I would totally recommend and repurchase this palette.

Video Reviews & Tutorials