Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

I got this back in the day when this was new and hyped and everyone kept talking about it. It was one of my very first eye pallettes ever so my expectations weren't as high as they are now as I didn't have much comparison. I kept using it, the packaging was cute and it smelled nice. But when buying the eye pallette you expect shadows to be good and there are pretty meh. To tell the truth I haven't had much luck with Too Faced products overall, I think apart from the super lovely packaging they are pretty overpriced and overhyped for what they are. The shadows in the pallette don't blend nicely and don't have a staying power, also the pigmentaion is really not that good and there's much fallout. I am not impressed with this one and I gave it away.

on 6/15/2014 12:01:00 AM

I'm a palette collector so I don't need anymore shadows but did I want this? Oh heck yes and so far it is just wonderful! First the scent I love it, and I like how the properties of these shadows are more towards benefiting the skin. I'm usually a bright shadow kind of girl but this is a great mix of some colour that I love and neutrals which, I need to start loving because I'm not getting any younger.;) I like to prime let that sit then apply NYX white base only to my lid. You can use the base or not for me I prefer it because it makes the purple Candied Violet and Black Forest Truffle show up amazing! It works very well for Strawberry Bon Bon too if you are not on the fair side. For me with shadows primer is a must and these go on very well. Nice and buttery:)

I have also noticed these are highly pigmented and the right brush makes all the difference like with the Violet and Truffle I use my Mac 239 it picks those shades up perfectly and deposited the shade true to pan on my lids. Also you really only need to touch your brush to the shade to get a lot of pigment. I prefer to start light and build my colour intensity up. I have found with these only Milk Chocolate took some extra blending time. Some might find the pink too light. For me I adore everything about this and was surprised by the lackluster blog reviews. Hence why I usually go with MUA on a lot of my makeup purchases.

I have been using this everyday since I got it and for me the colors last all day and do not blob together at all. I love using Champagne Truffle on the inner eye and lid, Strawberry Bon Bon in the middle and either Candied Violet or Black Forest Truffle on the end going into my lower lash line. I like Semi Sweet, Milk Chocolate, and Marzipan, Hazelnut, and Haute Chocolate in the crease I play with those main colours and add others or take away depending on my mood. Cherry Cordial another amazing shade that makes a good liner as well. I use White Chocolate usually on the whole lid brow bone or to blend out shades.

As a palette collector this was a must have for me! If you have a ton of neutrals unlike me you could pass but if you don't own a lot or feel that you don't this is excellent because it gives you a bit of both worlds. Plus I love how these are good for your skin and I really like the whole chocolate concept and this was done right where it is not cheesy. This is just an awesome palette I'm so glad I gave in it is totally worth it! So Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette SO MUCH. I've been using it for a solid two weeks now and I have no plans to return to Naked 3, 2, 1 or Lorac Unzipped or UD Smoked or any of my 753376538 MAC shadows etc etc any time soon. There are several reasons I will be ignoring all of my other shadows for who knows how long:
1. The smell. These shadows obviously smell like chocolate. I am not a morning person. Every morning that whiff of cocoa when I dip my brush in whatever shade I choose to use first puts my mood from groggy and pissy to happy and comforted in an instant. I guess I am very susceptible to the soothing powers of chocolate.
2. The colors. I have used every single color in this palette and have loved every look I have achieved with it. For my coloring- about NC30 skin, blonde hair, green eyes- all the shades in this palette are not only flattering, they are complimentary. Having those burgundy shades really sets this over the top for me because no colors will make my green eyes stand out like red based colors. I don't have to reach for any other shadows to complete a look. Using any other palette I own, I would have to reach elsewhere for a hi lite for the brow, or maybe a blender color. But not here. For the vast majority of my days, I wear a softly smokey eye done with warm colors. This lets me do several variations of that with a little purple for fun.
3. The quality. All of the shadows are wonderfully pigmented, smooth and easily workable. There are a few with teeny glitters, and the glitter stays on the eyes if I press the shadow on or it easily is tapped away from my brush if I choose to do so. I have no fading or creasing through the day. I always prime with UDPP in Eden, so nothing really ever fades or creases on my primed lids.
4. The packaging/presentation. This is just a cute palette. It looks like a chocolate bar. Inside it has an overlay on the shadows with the names, just like a box of nice chocolates. It's very sturdy and has a nice weight to it. It opens and closes without an issue (hem HEM Naked 3). It's just fun to use. Makes me happy.
So again, I adore this and it is my favorite makeup purchase in some time. I would give up all my naked palettes for it. I am going to update this review when I move on from this palette. I don't even know why I'd stray at this point, but it will be worth making note of if it makes me as happy as this palette.

Video Reviews & Tutorials