Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

on 7/26/2017 1:24:00 AM

This was the palette that introduced me to high end makeup. I remember looking everywhere for an eye-shadow palette that had great colours with excellent pigmentation and performance. This palette ticked all the boxes. I have bought drugstore eye-shadows before to much dismay, as they looked great in the pan but were bland on the eyes. This palette was and continues to be my favourite eye-shadow palette and formula. Whenever I wear this it always gives me beautiful looks. I can do darker more sultry styles and Light everyday work makeup.

The shadows are creamy and soft without kickback or fall out. I love the shades and the pigment is as beautiful on the lid as in the pan. The shadows last all day with my Elf eye-shadow primer and they never look muddy. I love the smell and enjoy applying eye-shadow because of this palette. I will definitely always have this palette and can happily say I own other palettes like the semi sweet and peach because I love the line.

on 5/18/2016 9:51:00 AM

These go on nicely for the most part, except for the purple/maroon shades. I love the peachy-gold (marizipan), matte orange-y brown (salted caramel), and straight gold (creme brulee), they are beautiful and go on smoothly. Champagne truffle is a nice if easily dupeable highlight. But other than that, these colors look extremely similar on my eyes. So many shades of brown that all look the same on my lid. Hazelnut and Amaretto were particularly disappointing, both looked like browns that were more than average shimmery browns. But nope, looked exactly identical on my eyes. Again, the purples are different, but all of those are chunky and lack pigment. It is difficult to achieve different eye looks, so for me, it is not a particularly great palette.

I have used this but only one I do not personally own I love the bonbon is a must have for me so had to have that and semi sweet also but Def want this one next I used it and smell is like semi sweet both gorgeous they all are amazing little high priced but u do get lots of colors that are all good not boring .if u have wanted it Def order it

on 1/18/2016 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is great! I ignored this when it first came out cos I thought it is just another overrated product but then I decided to give it a go and try it.

I just love the colors. It has a wide range of pale/nudes,browns,bronze,plums,pinks, to deeper neutrals. I also love that the colors that can be used as highlighters like for the browbone are bigger in size. They definitely thought about it and I thank them for that.

The texture and blendability also is very good. With an eye primer, you'll never have a problem using this palette. It's very versatile. The cute packaging and its smell(chocolate smell) are just a bonus.

It's definitely worth a try!

on 12/27/2015 7:58:00 PM

I love this pallet! It's beautiful and smells like chocolate! The colors blend beautifully, and you can do a lot of looks with this one pallet. Don't let the price scare you, as with most high end eye-shadow pallets, they are well worth the money. It takes years to hit pan. I will definitely repurchase!

on 11/13/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was definitely intrigued when I saw this palette being praised by many MUA's so thought I would jump on the bandwagon and go for it as well. So so happy with the texture, blend-ability and wear of these shadows. Best yet, I have sensitive skin and this eye shadow palette caused absolutely no reactions (redness, bumps, itchy-ness). There are a total of 6 velvet matte shades and 10 shimmering shades. The shades are a mix of neutrals, bronze, plums, pinks and chocolate hues. The holding powder of the shadows in my experience was 8+ hours without any budging so they can be potentially considered semi-water resistant in my opinion. I LOVE the cocoa powder scent (the eyeshadows are infused with 100% cocoa powder) along with the chocolate bar shaped packaging; very clever and cute! Great value for the price considering there are a multitude of looks that can be created with this palette which makes it fun to experiment with. I created a few different smokey eye looks using this palette on Youtube. Links are down below.....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this!!! It's my favorite eyeshadow palette ever!!! That says a lot considering how many eyeshadows I actually own. It's such a fun palette. You can create so many looks, neutral, smoky, formal, girly. It's all the palette you need. Plus the fact that it smells like chocolate is amazing!!! I love it!!! The highlighters are amazing and the best!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to palatte! I love it. You can make any look you want with this. The pigment is spot on. The range of colors is great. The product lasts on the eye from day to night and night to day. They have shimmer colors, mattes, and two great highlights. If you dont have a palatte and are looking to get one, this one is a great place to start!

Texture = Fine and Creamy
Smell = Like Chocolate Heaven
Use = Very Versatile
Wear = Very Long Wearing

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

the TWO issues i have is that the lid doesnt stay propped open, i wish it would! also NO product names on the inside come on? how hard is that.

other than that, this is a perfect brown palette, it glides lovely and no fallout.

UPDATE:: I decided to sell mine, I didnt wind up using it a lot. some shades have NO pigment which is disappointing, the gold one is crap

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I the only person to really be let down by this palette? Number one, it's extremely annoying that the names of the shadows are not written inside the palette, but on a little plastic insert that you throw away or if you keep it, it's totally in the way. The pigment just doesn't come out the color I'm expecting. They are very smooth, great smelling shadows, but I'm much happier with Any of the Urban Decay Naked pallettes. It's difficult to put my finger on, ( which I know doesnt help much in a review) but I genuinely wish I could return it. Very unhappy with it & wish I had gone with Lorac. Ive tried a ton of chocolate bar tutorials & I'm just not feeling it.