Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I bought this palette because I fell in love with the Sweet Peach palette and I enjoy it a lot but not as much OVERALL as I do the SP. Packaging is cute and great even though it isn't practical but that's already been mentioned a billion times so I'll spare you. So I mentioned I would repurchase it but only for the shades Milk Chocolate, Semi Sweet, Salted Caramel, Triple Fudge and White Chocolate. Basically all the mattes lol. And of course Haute Chocolate and Creme Brulee. Not feeling Hazelnut. It's different somehow. The rest aren't really that special or wowing to me. They are pretty. But they don't CALL to me..ya know? I dug Candied Violet and Strawberry Bon Bon out with a nail file because those shades were MAJORLY throwing me off! I had to get them out so I could see the palette more clearly. Really changes the way you look at it if you remove those 2 shades. I personally like it better this way and it's easier to get inspired from it somehow too. But yeah. I do love this palette and literally use it everyday and use Milk Chocolate and Semi Sweet with every look just about. But I do wish that TF would put out a palette with a ton of the matte shades from the chocolate bar/sweet peach lines all in one. It's not even that mattes are my favorite type of eyeshadows. It's just that TF has a bomb matte formula. At least from what I can see of the CB and SP. I say it is definitely worth buying. Price is high but mines lasted me over a year now and I still haven't hit pan on any shades! I do only use 3 shadows generally for each look though so that could be why. But yeah I'd say buy it for sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just purchased this week and was disappointed to note that the chocolate scent is faint as ever.

This really is a brown-lover's palette. So many variations of brown shades. It's not a bad thing if you like that. I love that they have large pans for the all over lid shades. Quality is good! Candied Violet sucks but I didn't buy the palette for that shade anyways. I think it's a good neutral palette, great for beginners or those who really suck at makeup haha.

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

on 5/29/2017 7:21:00 AM

I was excited about these palettes when I first got them in my hands, but the more I try to use them, the less I care. Chocolate Bar in particular i find lacks quality for the price ($59CAN). Ill still use it, the shadows are workable but I dont find they make a great impact. Im very light NC20 or lighter, I use es primer and a lot of the shades need to be packed on to show up, and they're quite lackluster. The browns are decent for definition. Regardless, they can still work well for every day use, but out of all these palettes, Bonbons performed the best. I adore the packaging and the smell though.

EDIT: after trying this again after some time, something changed. Perhaps my expectations were different at the time I wrote the review. Ive been really enjoying this palette lately and all the colours seem to work fanatically. The shadows are not what I'd call buttery soft and they are really pressed in, but I've been enjoying every single look I've gotten out of it since I picked it up again. Cherry Cordal has been a staple and I'm loving Strawberry Bonbon as a transition/blending shade. I also realized that Champagne Truffle makes a fantastic subtle champagne highlight on my cheekbones. I'm getting a ton of use out of this now!

on 5/1/2017 4:13:00 AM

I don't get this. I don't get the hype. This palette is so boring to me. Not enough warm tones, they all look similar. The browns are nothing special. The purples are hopeless to work with, the olive green colour shows up as a brown on the eyes, marzipan doesn't even show up properly on my lids and that was the colour I was looking forward to the most. Just such a boring palette. Not worth the money

on 4/10/2017 12:44:00 PM

Terrible quality for the price and overly hyped in my opinion. It looks pretty in pan, but most colours barely show up on my skin and can be duped with many other palettes or singles.

Would not purchase again or recommend.

Off topic, I just purchased Smashbox Cover Shot palette in Golden Hour and it's incredible. It was only $35 CDN and is just gorgeous. I would rather buy 2 Cover Shot Palettes than spend the money on a dud like TF Chocolate Bar.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Every time you open the palette, you smell a faint cocoa powder smell, which is super nice. Even after having it for months, it still smells delicious. This palette is a little over-priced, but to me the entire brand is overpriced. They do have some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen in the make-up world. And the products and packaging are definitely high quality so it pretty much makes it worth it. Unfortunately the lid on mine broke off from the hinge a couple of weeks ago. I'm not even sure how it happened.

The browns, golds, greens, and reds are awesome. I only wish there were more shades of Green, for example. I think this palette could have done without the pink and purple shades, they just seem out of place, to me and I use them the least. Especially in conjunction with the rest of the palette.

Candied Violet definitely seems out of place in this palette. At least, I haven't found much use for it. Maybe it's because it's such a random cool color in a mostly warm palette. I prefer warm colors in general but this shadow is also very sheer and I can't seem to build it up or apply it in a way that looks nice.

Strawberry Bon Bon also is a little outof place but luckily it applies pretty pale so I can use it as a base color. Although I already have White Chocolate for that. I just don't get the pink/purple shades in this. However, Champagne Truffle is a gorgeous inner-corner highlight color, and I even use it as a cheek highlight, sometimes.

Marzipan is my favorite shade for all over the lid. It gives you a beautiful warm, shimmery tan color, which is perfect for the lid with a brown shade (such as Milk Chocolate) in the crease. This is one of my go-to casual looks (along with White Chocolate as a base). When I don't want to spend too much time on shadow/don't want anything dramatic.

Creme Brulee is another favorite because I absolutely love gold (and I wish there were more gold colors in this) and I often pair it with Hazelnut and Semi-sweet. Gilded Ganache and Black Forest Truffle are perfect for dramatic smokey eye looks. Like I said, I wish there were more greenish browns... but I guess that wouldn't be very "chocolate-y" (although neither is purple).

Cherry Cordial goes great with Amaretto for that burgundy shadow look. Thankfully I can actually pull it off without looking sick, like some do, so it's become one of my favorite eye looks. I wish there were more brownish reds.

I've had this palette for around a year and there is still plenty of shadow left in the pans. Probably because it's not my only palette. I would like to think I will repurchase this when it runs out. Although I've recently been turned on to Colourpop shadows and am completely in love with their Super Shock Shadows (their powder formula, not so much). And I like the idea of buying individual shadows & really wish Too Faced offered individual shadows (especially Triple Fudge because it's become my go-to eyebrow and liner shade & I've used it the most). But I suppose this palette has enough wearable shadows that I sure wouldn't mind having it around if I had the cash.

on 1/19/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buy this palette because you need it and you will love it like i do

on 12/14/2016 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this palette. It has the perfect balance of matte and shimmery shades, and it is versatile enough for both day and evening makeup looks. I use this palette everyday, either on its own or together with my favourite Mac eyeshadows. Most of the colours in the palette are absolutely gorgeous, buttery, pigmented and beautiful. Few, however, are not the greatest.

The amazing ones; Marzipan, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, Creme brulee and Champagne Truffle blend like a buttery dream, and are highly pigmented.

The loser of the palette; Strawberry Bon Bon is just disappointing. Its like the ugly cousin of the other colours. It is not pigmented at all and no matter how much I layer it, I only manage to get the lightest hint of colour. The other disappointing one is the Cherry Cordial. When I saw it, I was hoping for an intense reddish brown that could be used for an evening makeup. Instead, Cherry Cordial is so lowly pigmented that I can use it for a day look.

Still, I absolutely love this palette, use it everyday, and would recommend it to everyone.

*Edited: I recently bought the Chocolate Bon Bons palette, and actually prefer it over the chocolate palette. If you are extremely pale, and have cool colouring, I would recommend that you check that one out. I still love the chocolate one but find that the colours in the Bon Bons palette suit me much better.

on 11/23/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am a sucker for high end palettes and perfumes and when i saw this, i immediately had to have it. It is adorably cute, the fact that it looks and smells (only vaguely mind you) of chocolate just makes it all the more sellable in my opinion. The one issue i have with it, is that some of the colours are significantly more transparent out of the palette, looking a lot darker inside the palette itself. So if you're looking to buy purely for the colours, you may need to either apply an extra layer or two or use a darker base colour. Either way. A beautiful, adorable palette, I'll be looking forward to more cute palettes from too faced in the future.