Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

Really good staple palette. Works on all skin tones and has a good range of basic shades with a creamy formula. And they last forever. I wish the matte pink shade was a little better, but the rest of the palette compensates for sure.

on 2/28/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My everyday eyeshadow palette, I have a large collection of eyeshadow palettes and I literally use this every day for work and most of the time for going out on weekends - only reach for another if i need a pop of colour or I'm experimenting. The smell is amazing and I adore the packaging. The shadows blend out easily and have great pigment, all except the light pink shade which i find absolutely useless.

on 1/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

I would never purchase this palette again. It's way too boring for me. I personally feel like Too Faced fills a good majority of their palettes with a ton of browns. I never use this and this was my first high end palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The packaging feels very substantial, and it has a magnetic closure and a large mirror inside. The colors are all very wearable, and blend easily. The only thing I don't like is the fallout, especially with the glitter shades. After a couple hours, I am wearing more glitter under my eye than on it. The chocolate smell is crazy strong at first, and while it does subside, it's definitely still there.

on 12/18/2016 3:28:00 PM

This was such a disappointment for me. I was so incredibly excited and had heard such amazing things but this palette did not live up to the claims at all. I purchased from a reputable shop so I know the palettes definitely not a fake, but honestly you would think it was. Although it smells lovely and the packaging and some of the shimmers are of a nice quality, there are quite a few 'dud' shades and many of the shadows are dry and quite chalky! Many of the shadows blend into one another and consequently it is difficult if you want to create a halo eye or even just any definition. The shades get very boring very quickly and I lost my inspiration with it due to the shadows almost 'muddying' together. Had to use a fixing spray with every shimmer to get any proper pigment from the shadows and ended up scraping the surface of with a teaspoon in attempt to reach a softer shadow that would be more pigmented - no such luck. Yes the mattes are quite nice and soft but overall it's just not worth the price point. I'd recommend a Morphe palette instead - much better quality with soft, buttery, pigmented, blendable eyeshadows.

This was gifted to me by a friend who had so many eyeshadow pallettes she didn't use this anymore. This smells sooooo good. I like the metal magnetic packaging which does have a mirror. This is great if you don't already have tons of quality eyeshadow (like myself). I am able to create everyday neutral looks as well as more fun looks with this. If I run out (which probably won't happen for a LOOONG time, I might purchase a different pallette instead of this one.

This is my first high-end palette and I loved it! The pigmentation of the shadows are good and can be blended easily without getting muddy. The colours choices also match really well and the palette is really versatile allowing me to create a variety of daytime and night-time looks (including matte looks) even when I am really pale. However, shades are all rather warm (even the burgundy shades are more brown when applied). This palette is not that flattering to those with cool undertones (bon bon would be a better choice for those who are pale and cool)

Strawberry Bon Bon is too sheer and Candied Violet is not as pigmented or blendable like the others, making these two my least favourite with the latter hard to use (I use it to create a more smoky effect by layering it on at the outer V)

My favourite has to be Hazelnut, Haute Chocolate, Creme Brulee and Marzipan. Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate are my favourite transition/contour shade which I used to define the crease area and the latter can be used to contour the sides of my nose.

The highlight shade is also great for the whole lid/ browbone highlight: I find Champagne Truffle to give a really nice highlight.

The shadows can easily last a day and I have no problems witth fallout (or overly fast fading) even without primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Well, if I'd ran out of it, I'd buy it again, but I don't think it will ever be empty.
Now, let's talk about it, shall we?
I wasn't going to write a review on this, as everyone knows how awesome it is, but something AMAZING happened earlier and I felt like I need to do this. It fell off my counter, wide open and hit the floor so bad, I thought I had a mini heart attack when I saw it on the floor... then I picked it up praying it was ok, and let me tell you, it was LIKE NEW. Nothing happened, no cracked mirror, no ruined eyeshadow, no cracks in the box, NOTHING. That moment I realised I made a very good choice when I bought it. The shades are beautiful, very long lasting and very pigmented. I love it even more now. I think is a good investition. I liked all the Too Faced products, with one exception - a mascara that was horrible, but other than that, it is worth the money although it is on the pricey side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love, this is a very versatile product, the range of colours allows me to do more natural and heavier make up looks, making it a great product for taking away with you!

I usually after a while get bored of palettes but this one is great for creating lots multiple looks colour wise. Other palettes I eventually have to incorporate other palettes/shadows to mix it up but no need with this one.

The actual shadows smell amazing!! And feel very soft and powdery. I find them quite pigmented which I really like and don't take that much building.
Much better pigmented than the Naked pallets (urban decay)

The champagne truffle highlight is the best highlighter I've ever used! Comes out a lovely shimmery pink and works great on feature points like cheek bones etc

There is a great mixture of shimmer shades and matte which actually allows me to use the product for my brows too.

Only couple of downsides is the shadows without primer do seem to fade and not be quite as crisp, if you do a crease cut after an hour or so it's not very sharp anymore and becomes one shade. Also some of the shades don't quite come out the same as they look; for example the cherry one I find comes out as more as a brown rather than a purple sort of colour.

Packaging is durable and very very cute which I like. Fairly small palette compared to some which is another reason it's great for taking away. Easy to clean and keep looking nice.

on 5/3/2016 7:38:00 PM

I don't normally give a 5 "lipstick review" lol but the reason I did was because I would DEFINITELY recommend this over a Naked palette any day. If you are looking for your first neutral high end palette I would definitely recommend one of the chocolate bar palettes or even the Lorac Pro over the UD Nakeds. The reason being is this palette is so versatile and will compliment just about any skin tone. You get a good balance of both matte and shimmer shades and it's very easy to get a full look using this one palette alone. I would rank this as very superior in quality compared to a Naked palette with nearly every shade being very pigmented, easy to blend, and with minimal fall-out. The only shade I don't like would be strawberry bon bon but that's just my personal preference. The shades when applied to the lids will last all day and for hours on end with a good primer. Not to mention the packaging and the smell of chocolate is divine. If you are new to high-end makeup and in the market for a good neutral palette I would HIGHLY recommend!