wet n wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

wet n wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.8

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

My favorite is See If I Carrot. Coral of the Story was if you have yellow undertones that color won't work for you. This was the perfect STAIN. Not very balmly or moisturizing at the end of the day but the color was still there. This was a little pricey at about $5-6 each but it had a lot of product. I was a very light color and perfect for lunch meetings where you didn't want to look like a washed out zombie but had to eat something.. I have to note that this does come off with oil. The packaging was clunky. Not something you could easily carry around but wasn't really a problem because there wasn't really a need to reapply. unless you've eaten oily food was really no need to reapply because it was a great stain.I would have to say though the clear cap was really a problem for me because it would easily come off. I wouldn't lose it or anything it's just that I didn't want my naked balm bouncing around my purse/make up bag completely unprotected to crumbs/dirt/dust. Sadly I believe this product has been discontinued for a long time now but I am most certain now. I checked the wet n wild site and this product wasn't listed. If I go on blogs that talk about this balm and click the links they are all broken. Sad to see this go as it was one of the more cheaper stains out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

BEST MOISTURIZING LIP COLOR EVER.

I made this purchase on a lunch break whim: “Why not?” I thought. “It costs less my NYC deli sandwich!” And then Megaslicks and I lived happily ever after.

This is not a tinted balm. This is truly a balm stain, as in, the high pigment color lasts, and lasts while still delivering the moisturization of a real balm. Sounds too good to be true? Shockingly, it’s not. Not at all.

The finish is a slightly shimmery lipstick look, so if you’re looking for that light, matte, post-popsicle look other stains give, you won’t find it here. Doesn’t mean there’s not plenty to love, however, especially since the big tube gives you soooo much color for soooo little money.

I first purchased this product in “Red-dy or Not,” which is a true red that lasts all day without fading into pink like other reds do on me. It has neutral undertones which makes me think it would look great on every skin tone. Smooth, lightweight application, excellent pigmentation. No feathering, no patchiness, and most importantly for my EXTREMELY dry lips, no flaking whatsoever. My lips, which normally cause me so much torment, feel soft and supple with this product on them. I totally forget I’m wearing it, especially since there’s no reason to reapply.

The tube isn’t the most attractive thing to pull out of a purse (I can’t stand that 1980’s Wet n’ Wild font), but again, it’s so much color for so little money. The tip does not stay pointed as it is in the picture. It sometimes snags the rim when I’m rolling the color back into the tube, causing a touch of color to crumble off, and in the hot summers, the formula can get a little meltt. None of this causes application problems, however. At most, I get a little unwanted color on my fingers when wiping excess product off the packaging, but unlike other stains, it’s easy to remove this stuff when you actually want to.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Creamy, yet not moist. Lighter colors do not stain. Caffeine Mix is perfect for dark skin and those who wish not to have complete nude lips.

on 1/31/2018 2:52:00 PM

I have the Coral of the Story, a bright coral that I think would look good on a person of any color type. It's long lasting, not super drying, I wore it over burt's bees balm as it's winter now & it still stayed on all night. The cap clicks so you know it's all the way closed. I got it on sale, great value!! I decided to write this review after a reached for this instead of red when I was wearing a black & white outfit. I figured it was a bit more unexpected & a nice pop of color.

Sucks as a balm. Works as a stain. Better as a blush.

Application: It goes on very creamy, but Very clumpy. Like there are actual chunks. It's also VERY drying...5 mins in and my lips feel pruney and get chapped. Which is a total fail seeing as this is supposed to be a balm.

Does it stain tho: Yes! Hence I'll only leave this on for 5 minutes max, wait for it to stain, then wipe it off, and proceed to immediately put a lip balm on top. The stain also lasts pretty decently. Better than traditional lipsticks, but not completely transfer proof.

Alternate uses: As blush! It's creamy and easy to blend as blush.

Recommend if:
-your lips don't get dry easily
-you're looking for a cheap cream blush
-you want a stain that isn't very 'in your face' pigmented

But keep in mind that the colour swatched and the colour stained can be quite different. I got the shade caffeine-fix, which looks brown/pink upon application, but stains pink.

on 10/26/2017 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the stain that these moisturizing crayons leave behind. They are a soft crayon, hence the balm part of the name so I have to be careful not to press too hard when applying. I bought the mauve one and the toffee one and both are beautiful colors. The mauve changes colors on me into a berry and leaves a strong bordering on fuschia stain. I wish it stayed the original color. The toffee starts as a brownish red and morphs into a brownish berry leaving behind a berry stain. Beware when looking at the colors that what you see may not be what you get in the end but I think they are worth it for the price.

It's pretty much my favorite. I forget to re-apply so it's staying power is particularly important, it doesn't melt if I leave it in my purse for months, and it's inexpensive.

on 10/16/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore these. The price is so cheap for such a nice product. Usually around 2.00 at Walgreens but right now they are on sale on the wetnwild website for 1.40 so I stocked up. They go on like butter and they do stain your lips after the product wears off. I usually use a gloss over them, the stain lasts most of the day on me. Some colors do leave a longer lasting stain than others. These do not dry my lips out and glide on smoothly

From the wet n wild website:

Enriched with acai and palm oil, this amazing formula forms a protective shield on the lips to prevent feathering.
Smooth, conditioning formula enriched with acai palm oil
Forms a protective shield on the lips to prevent feathering
Winner of the All You Beauty Award!
Leaves your pucker moisturized with a unique cooling tingle!
Provides continuous moisture for softer lips

Now for one complaint, and a disagreement with the above description. I do not find they prevent feathering at all. they do bleed if I don't use a liner so I use a clear liner with them. The other things that the could improve on is the cap. It snaps into place but after using it a while it sometimes gets lose and will fall off in your purse. Not often, but I've had it happen. I've also had a couple of the caps crack. They could improve that but for under 2.00, I would rather deal with it than have them raise the price.

My favorite colors are
A Stiff Pink- one of the longest lasting stains on my lips
Rico Mauve- probably my favorite
Pinky Promise- this one has some frost
Nudist Colony- the perfect nude. I like to mix this one with Rico Mauve sometimes
Red-ioactive-this one leaves a stain that to me is similar to the old Benefit's Benetint only it's not 30.00.

on 10/15/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

One of the cheapest and best lip stains on the market. They are not very moisturizing but do stain nicely and lasts 2-3 hours or so. I use another lip balm over it once it dries so maybe that is why it doesnt last long on my lips. One lippie off for the crappy lid that keeps falling off.

on 8/7/2017 9:51:00 PM

I feel like this balm stain doesn't get enough love. It's cheap and, in a way, versatile. I've worn it glossy, matte, and layered it on to build up the stain color. You can wear it as bold or as subtle as you'd like, and I definitely prefer it over the lip stains packaged like markers -- I tend to bite my lips a lot, and other stains only accentuate the raw, uneven spots where this one doesn't.

If you’re a stickler about color, though, know that the stain will turn out brighter than the balm. Red-dy or Not, for instance, stains more like a reddish fuschia than a true red.

Edited to add: Okay, so I took a lippie off because I usually blot this balm and, obviously, removing the moisturizing elements means my lips get a little drier. But lately when I've worn this, my lips have gone bone dry, as if I'd worn a liquid lipstick all day. The sensation of peeling lips is not worth the color payoff, so I will not repurchase .