Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.7

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

on 7/20/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in the shade Coral Of The Story as I was looking, you can easily tell, for a coral colour - which I never tried before. I was also attracted by its crayon shape, which seems to be in vogue now, and for the excellent price (3,99 euros). I'm already in love with many Wnw products so I went for it without thinking twice.
Well the lipstick itself is..fine, I mean, it's a balm, it hydrates and looks smooth and kind of shiny. The only problem is that the colour of the packaging doesn't definitely match the lip colour you'll get, as it looked neon orange on me. NEON! I'm for dark matte everything so it was a shock at first. It is also very very pigmented for being a balm, so I accidentally overdrawn it and I looked like a clown. Yikes! Anyway, I kissed a tissue a couple of times and it became more bearable, only to miserably disappear after the first pizza slice. It's not that I expected more, but I should try the tissue kissing way and not eat anything after, for a while. I'll update this.

I have this is the shade Pinky Promise and another color that is kind of like a vampy red (I obviously don't know the name of the vampy red one). I love both of these so much you can work up the pigmentation and they don't dry out my lips, which I normally have a huge problem with dry lips but when I use these lip colors I have no problem. They even have kind of a minty feel to them when on the lips, which I enjoy. These are well priced and worth every penny. The only thing I don't like about Pinky Promise is it does have a little bit of frost, which I tend to stray away from but I still like it. Maybe next time I will just try a shade similar with less frost. This is something I like a lot and probably would repurchase. I rate this product a 4/5 just because of the frostiness but honestly that is my fault for not paying attention to the color but don't get me wrong it is still a great product in my eyes. This is one of the only frosty lip products I have ever accepted into my makeup routine and probably one of the only ones I ever will let into my makeup routine. Very natural color and nice feel on the lips.

To Read all 102 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had this in Rico Mauve. It was comfortable on the lips, but the balm part wore off fairly quickly and the stain wasn't mauve at all, but a bright bright fuchsia, which was unexpected. The color difference between the balm and the stain made it sort of useless for any situation where it mattered what I looked like. This wasn't the worst thing in the world. Ultimately it was the smell that made me toss this. It had that foundation-gone-bad smell from the day I bought it, and I couldn't tolerate that right under my nose for 8+ hours.

Amount paid: $3
Amount considered wasted: $3

on 6/24/2016 8:43:00 AM

Okay here's my honest review.

Pros:
Very soft, velvety
Great color
Good stain
Cruelty-free

I'm a gal that does not like reapplying gloss or lipstick throughout the day so a stain is perfect for me. I absolutely love the balm smoothness on my lips and that it doesn't dry my lips out at all... major plus.

I have the color 'Rico Mauve' which is a darker shade with a hint of magenta. Really pretty and natural. I think they changed the name though so I have no idea what shade it is anymore.

It smells normal and I noticed after application it has a bit of a cooling effect, but maybe I'm imagining things.

After applying and leaving for a few minutes, I dabbed with a tissue and kissed my hand. Nothing came off... awesome. I do really like it and looking forward to trying other shades out!

on 6/9/2016 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this balm stain in the shade A Stiff Pink and here's what I think about it:

Pros
-It was moisturizing (for me)
-Color is long lasting
-Doesn't transfer (after my steps- see below)

Cons
-May not turn out to be the color you expected

First I put this balm stain on my lips and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I wiped off all the excess with an Olay towlette and my lips were totally stained. I kissed the back of my hand, a few times, amd nothing transfered. And I like that it made my lips feel soft. The stain lasted about 7-8 hours before I wiped my lips with baby oil and brushed them with a tooth brush to get rid of the color (it was time for bed). The only thing I didn't like was that in the packaging it looks like a light pink but, from the moment I wiped the excess off...my lips had a berry color. That may be because of the natural color of my lips or because of the balm stain itself- not totally sure. But the berry color did look nice so, overall I'm happy with this product.

on 5/30/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok really odd product to review, reason being this wasn't a stain. I got a light pink shade, pinky promise, so not sure if that's why the color doesn't stain, but this is a lipstick really. So as a stain it sucks, but the lip color itself is very concentrated and moisturized. Loved the pink shimmery shade, so I will buy it again. Also the cap is a too little lose, but it's so cheap, is really not the end of the world.

on 5/24/2016 1:21:00 AM

Got the Truffle in Paradise and Caffeine Fix. T in P's color is darker than CF. Glides on smoothly on lips, it's unscented and it feels really luxurious on my lips. However it leaves a stain (though expected that it would) that is so far off the original color. As long as you don't build up the balm, the color of the stain would not intensify that is if you want it to look really natural. It's cheap too. I'm a matte lippie kinda girl regardless the time of the year. Would buy this again if i ran out for days when i want my lips to breathe a bit.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely a drugstore gem. I'm blown away by how high the quality is for such an affordable price. The pigmentation is outstanding, especially the red color! It's literally like a lip stick but with the BEST texture, it's not super glossy or creamy so it doesn't slide everywhere. If my lips are dry I'll reach for this instead of my balm and when I want color I lean towards these instead of lipstick! I own 3 but want to collect them all. I also really appreciate that they're cruelty free!

on 4/19/2016 12:00:00 PM

I bought it a few days ago at my favorite online shop and I fell in love in the first swatch. I bought the color named Truffle in Paradise.

The color of the tube is brown with a bit hint of red and the color of the balm is a bit red than I thought it was. The packaging is pretty and the cap clicks on the place so it safe for me to put it in my purse. There's a bit shimmer in it but not too glittery so it wearable for me who really love matte lipsticks and it's not too shiny.

I wear it from 8 oclock in the morning before I go to college and by the mid day around 12 or 1 pm I looked in the mirror and the stain is really pretty. It's a lot redder from before but looked natural and I think it didn't need a touch up. Then I went to lunch and after that the stain was gone a bit in inner part of the lips but near the corner was still pretty and I gave a touch up and blot it a little

Pros:
- cheap
- moisturizing
- leave a natural stain on my lips
- lightweight, it doesn't feel like a was wearing a lipcolor
- no fragrance

Cons
- even though the stain is natural red but I'll be alot pleased if the stain is true to the initial color
- there's a minty feeling that I don't enjoy

on 4/8/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have two, an orange and a more nude-ish colour. The nude actually turns a muted hot pink after an hour, and the orange leaves a nice wearable coral-y pink.