Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.7

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to love this brand in the 90's, but now their products vary greatly. That's why I didn't bother to try one of these for the longest time, despite them being so cheap. I wanted the vamp shade, but the last one on the shelf had been opened, so I chose Truffle in Paradise. I am really surprised at how good this one is--it wears like a high end chubby stick. This doesn't bleed, fade unevenly, stays slightly shiny, and it does set as a stain. The color is "perfect for fall" and pulls brownish red or berry.

on 9/12/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Saturated colors for a "balm" but I guess that's where the "stain" comes in. I really like this lip product a lot. The colors are beautiful, saturated and they feel somewhat moisturizing. The wear time is good. Packaging isn't great - the cap gets loose and can slip off leaving a mess in your bag if you're not careful. Overall, I definitely recommend this.

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/28/2016 5:24:00 AM

I only have this is See if I Carrot (I had one other, but I dropped it in my car and it melted before I could try it, oops), but I'm probably going to eventually buy a few more. I was looking for a subtle orange-y shade for summer and this one worked out really great. It isn't too bright or super orange, but it isn't too coral-y like some "orange" lip colors I've tried.

I like that it's a stain/balm combo, but...it's a little weird. It does feel a nice on my lips, but my lips get dry really easily, so I still have to use a separate balm. As for the staining, it works, but isn't perfect. It's kind of a trade-off because, while it lasts longer than most lipsticks, glosses, or tinted balms that I've tried, it doesn't last as long as the other stains I've used. But, it doesn't dry my lips out like other stains have. There's also an issue with some transfer, at least until the excess product wears off. But, if I blot away the excess, the color payoff is almost non-existent.

So...

Pros:
-super cheap
-ok shade range
-somewhat moisturizing
-decent wear time

Cons:
-transfers until some of it wears off
-color payoff is just "meh" if I blot off the extra

I think this might work better with a light application, blotting, and then top it with a gloss or lipstick in a similar shade so as the gloss/lipstick wears off, you don't totally lose all the color. I haven't tested that, though, because I don't have another orange shade right now. If I get this in another shade that sort of matches one of my lipsticks or glosses, I'll test it out and update this review.

These are pretty great for the price! I have tried several different shades and been pleased with all of them. Since they are balms, they are fairly moisturizing. They also do leave a bit of stain as they wear off, so that's a plus too. Something I would definitely re-purchase!

on 8/25/2016 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Affordable and perfect for everyday wear. I usualy just apply this on the center of the lips, and then blend it with a finger for just a subtle stain; or apply it fully and boldly, wait for a few minutes then wipe the excess product off with a tissue, and left with a transfer proof stain. Pretty, quick and easy, for the rushing late people.

Though packaging is a bit a pain, I have to be really careful when I open or close the product, for the tip of the lipstick would hit the cap and break off.

on 7/20/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this in the shade Coral Of The Story as I was looking, you can easily tell, for a coral colour - which I never tried before. I was also attracted by its crayon shape, which seems to be in vogue now, and for the excellent price (3,99 euros). I'm already in love with many Wnw products so I went for it without thinking twice.
Well the lipstick itself is..fine, I mean, it's a balm, it hydrates and looks smooth and kind of shiny. The only problem is that the colour of the packaging doesn't definitely match the lip colour you'll get, as it looked neon orange on me. NEON! I'm for dark matte everything so it was a shock at first. It is also very very pigmented for being a balm, so I accidentally overdrawn it and I looked like a clown. Yikes! Anyway, I kissed a tissue a couple of times and it became more bearable, only to miserably disappear after the first pizza slice. It's not that I expected more, but I should try the tissue kissing way and not eat anything after, for a while. I'll update this.

UPDATE! I still don't have any love for this as a lipstick BUT for random reasons I've drawn two warrior stripes on my cheeks with this one and walked out of the bathroom punching my chest and growling for waking up my husband. Doesn't make sense sorry. But we greet each other burping loudly after a long day without seeing each other. Anyway. You know what? The random joke made me discover the shade Coral of the story can double as a blush! Can't be happier as I'm trying to find a new blush to love after my one and only love Milani's Luminoso but I'm too lazy for research right now. It's quite bright, almost fuchsia, but if blended with the RT sponge it wooorks! And it's adorable and lasts long enough, at least half day in the heat!

I have this is the shade Pinky Promise and another color that is kind of like a vampy red (I obviously don't know the name of the vampy red one). I love both of these so much you can work up the pigmentation and they don't dry out my lips, which I normally have a huge problem with dry lips but when I use these lip colors I have no problem. They even have kind of a minty feel to them when on the lips, which I enjoy. These are well priced and worth every penny. The only thing I don't like about Pinky Promise is it does have a little bit of frost, which I tend to stray away from but I still like it. Maybe next time I will just try a shade similar with less frost. This is something I like a lot and probably would repurchase. I rate this product a 4/5 just because of the frostiness but honestly that is my fault for not paying attention to the color but don't get me wrong it is still a great product in my eyes. This is one of the only frosty lip products I have ever accepted into my makeup routine and probably one of the only ones I ever will let into my makeup routine. Very natural color and nice feel on the lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had this in Rico Mauve. It was comfortable on the lips, but the balm part wore off fairly quickly and the stain wasn't mauve at all, but a bright bright fuchsia, which was unexpected. The color difference between the balm and the stain made it sort of useless for any situation where it mattered what I looked like. This wasn't the worst thing in the world. Ultimately it was the smell that made me toss this. It had that foundation-gone-bad smell from the day I bought it, and I couldn't tolerate that right under my nose for 8+ hours.

Amount paid: $3
Amount considered wasted: $3

on 6/24/2016 8:43:00 AM

Okay here's my honest review.

Pros:
Very soft, velvety
Great color
Good stain
Cruelty-free

I'm a gal that does not like reapplying gloss or lipstick throughout the day so a stain is perfect for me. I absolutely love the balm smoothness on my lips and that it doesn't dry my lips out at all... major plus.

I have the color 'Rico Mauve' which is a darker shade with a hint of magenta. Really pretty and natural. I think they changed the name though so I have no idea what shade it is anymore.

It smells normal and I noticed after application it has a bit of a cooling effect, but maybe I'm imagining things.

After applying and leaving for a few minutes, I dabbed with a tissue and kissed my hand. Nothing came off... awesome. I do really like it and looking forward to trying other shades out!

on 6/9/2016 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this balm stain in the shade A Stiff Pink and here's what I think about it:

Pros
-It was moisturizing (for me)
-Color is long lasting
-Doesn't transfer (after my steps- see below)

Cons
-May not turn out to be the color you expected

First I put this balm stain on my lips and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I wiped off all the excess with an Olay towlette and my lips were totally stained. I kissed the back of my hand, a few times, amd nothing transfered. And I like that it made my lips feel soft. The stain lasted about 7-8 hours before I wiped my lips with baby oil and brushed them with a tooth brush to get rid of the color (it was time for bed). The only thing I didn't like was that in the packaging it looks like a light pink, but from the moment I wiped the excess off...my lips had a berry color. That may be because of the natural color of my lips or because of the balm stain itself- not totally sure. But the berry color did look nice so, overall I'm happy with this product.