Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.7

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

on 10/26/2017 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the stain that these moisturizing crayons leave behind. They are a soft crayon, hence the balm part of the name so I have to be careful not to press too hard when applying. I bought the mauve one and the toffee one and both are beautiful colors. The mauve changes colors on me into a berry and leaves a strong bordering on fuschia stain. I wish it stayed the original color. The toffee starts as a brownish red and morphs into a brownish berry leaving behind a berry stain. Beware when looking at the colors that what you see may not be what you get in the end but I think they are worth it for the price.

It's pretty much my favorite. I forget to re-apply so it's staying power is particularly important, it doesn't melt if I leave it in my purse for months, and it's inexpensive.

on 10/16/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore these. The price is so cheap for such a nice product. Usually around 2.00 at Walgreens but right now they are on sale on the wetnwild website for 1.40 so I stocked up. They go on like butter and they do stain your lips after the product wears off. I usually use a gloss over them, the stain lasts most of the day on me. Some colors do leave a longer lasting stain than others. These do not dry my lips out and glide on smoothly

From the wet n wild website:

Enriched with acai and palm oil, this amazing formula forms a protective shield on the lips to prevent feathering.
Smooth, conditioning formula enriched with acai palm oil
Forms a protective shield on the lips to prevent feathering
Winner of the All You Beauty Award!
Leaves your pucker moisturized with a unique cooling tingle!
Provides continuous moisture for softer lips

Now for one complaint, and a disagreement with the above description. I do not find they prevent feathering at all. they do bleed if I don't use a liner so I use a clear liner with them. The other things that the could improve on is the cap. It snaps into place but after using it a while it sometimes gets lose and will fall off in your purse. Not often, but I've had it happen. I've also had a couple of the caps crack. They could improve that but for under 2.00, I would rather deal with it than have them raise the price.

My favorite colors are
A Stiff Pink- one of the longest lasting stains on my lips
Rico Mauve- probably my favorite
Pinky Promise- this one has some frost
Nudist Colony- the perfect nude. I like to mix this one with Rico Mauve sometimes
Red-ioactive-this one leaves a stain that to me is similar to the old Benefit's Benetint only it's not 30.00.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It moisturizes my lips and the color is very pretty! I bought the Rico Mauve shade

on 10/15/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

One of the cheapest and best lip stains on the market. They are not very moisturizing but do stain nicely and lasts 2-3 hours or so. I use another lip balm over it once it dries so maybe that is why it doesnt last long on my lips. One lippie off for the crappy lid that keeps falling off.

on 8/7/2017 9:51:00 PM

I feel like this balm stain doesn't get enough love. It's cheap, moisturizing, and in a way, versatile. I've worn it glossy, matte, and layered it on to build up the stain color. You can wear it as bold or as subtle as you'd like, and I definitely prefer it over the lip stains packaged like markers -- I tend to bite my lips a lot, and other stains only accentuate the raw, uneven spots where this one doesn't.

on 6/13/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am in love with these! They go on smooth and creamy, then wear like a dream. I put it on every morning, and when I take my makeup off 12+ hours later it's still there - and hasn't dried out my lips, either! I have two shades, a medium red and a bright pink, and the colors are true to the packaging for me. I feel the need to stock up in case WnW ever discontinues them!

on 6/4/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in Rico Mauve. I really like how it feels - it's a combination of a stain and a balm so after the balm wears out, it leaves a nice color stain. Color selection is very limited - otherwise would be giving it 5 stars.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to love this brand in the 90's, but now their products vary greatly. That's why I didn't bother to try one of these for the longest time, despite them being so cheap. I wanted the vamp shade, but the last one on the shelf had been opened, so I chose Truffle in Paradise. I am really surprised at how good this one is--it wears like a high end chubby stick. This doesn't bleed, fade unevenly, stays slightly shiny, and it does set as a stain. The color is "perfect for fall" and pulls brownish red or berry.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The color is misleading and I thought that it was mauve. When I put it on, it was a hot, bright pink. Which i know some people are into but it doesn't really work for me 😐😐. The cap always comes off and then a bunch of product goes everywhere. I can not pull off bright pink lip stick or stain for that matter. It does have a lot of pigment and is very creamy. It does however wear off after a while. Not just that but it does crease a bit.