Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.7

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It moisturizes my lips and the color is very pretty! I bought the Rico Mauve shade

on 6/13/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am in love with these! They go on smooth and creamy, then wear like a dream. I put it on every morning, and when I take my makeup off 12+ hours later it's still there - and hasn't dried out my lips, either! I have two shades, a medium red and a bright pink, and the colors are true to the packaging for me. I feel the need to stock up in case WnW ever discontinues them!

on 6/4/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in Rico Mauve. I really like how it feels - it's a combination of a stain and a balm so after the balm wears out, it leaves a nice color stain. Color selection is very limited - otherwise would be giving it 5 stars.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The color is misleading and I thought that it was mauve. When I put it on, it was a hot, bright pink. Which i know some people are into but it doesn't really work for me 😐😐. The cap always comes off and then a bunch of product goes everywhere. I can not pull off bright pink lip stick or stain for that matter. It does have a lot of pigment and is very creamy. It does however wear off after a while. Not just that but it does crease a bit.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to love this brand in the 90's, but now their products vary greatly. That's why I didn't bother to try one of these for the longest time, despite them being so cheap. I wanted the vamp shade, but the last one on the shelf had been opened, so I chose Truffle in Paradise. I am really surprised at how good this one is--it wears like a high end chubby stick. This doesn't bleed, fade unevenly, stays slightly shiny, and it does set as a stain. The color is "perfect for fall" and pulls brownish red or berry.

on 9/12/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Saturated colors for a "balm" but I guess that's where the "stain" comes in. I really like this lip product a lot. The colors are beautiful, saturated and they feel somewhat moisturizing. The wear time is good. Packaging isn't great - the cap gets loose and can slip off leaving a mess in your bag if you're not careful. Overall, I definitely recommend this.

on 8/28/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I only have this is See if I Carrot (I had one other, but I dropped it in my car and it melted before I could try it, oops), but I'm probably going to eventually buy a few more. I was looking for a subtle orange-y shade for summer and this one worked out really great. It isn't too bright or super orange, but it isn't too coral-y like some "orange" lip colors I've tried.

I like that it's a stain/balm combo, but...it's a little weird. It does feel a nice on my lips, but my lips get dry really easily, so I still have to use a separate balm. As for the staining, it works, but isn't perfect. It's kind of a trade-off because, while it lasts longer than most lipsticks, glosses, or tinted balms that I've tried, it doesn't last as long as the other stains I've used. But, it doesn't dry my lips out like other stains have. There's also an issue with some transfer, at least until the excess product wears off. But, if I blot away the excess, the color payoff is almost non-existent.

So...

Pros:
-super cheap
-ok shade range
-somewhat moisturizing
-decent wear time

Cons:
-transfers until some of the excess wears off
-color payoff is just "meh" if I blot off the extra

I think this might work better with a light application, blotting, and then top it with a gloss or lipstick in a similar shade so as the gloss/lipstick wears off, you don't totally lose all the color. I haven't tested that, though, because I don't have another orange shade right now. If I get this in another shade that sort of matches one of my lipsticks or glosses, I'll test it out and update this review.

**Edit: I purchased the shade Nudist Colony recently, and I like it much more than See If I Carrot. I stand by what I said in the original review, but I've found that I was right about wearing these under a gloss or lipstick. It doesn't help as much as a regular stain or even a pencil, but it paid off a little because it kept my lips a bit more moisturized than either of those, so when the color faded, it didn't look horribly patchy.**

These are pretty great for the price! I have tried several different shades and been pleased with all of them. Since they are balms, they are fairly moisturizing. They also do leave a bit of stain as they wear off, so that's a plus too. Something I would definitely re-purchase!

on 8/25/2016 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Affordable and perfect for everyday wear. I usualy just apply this on the center of the lips, and then blend it with a finger for just a subtle stain; or apply it fully and boldly, wait for a few minutes then wipe the excess product off with a tissue, and left with a transfer proof stain. Pretty, quick and easy, for the rushing late people.

Though packaging is a bit a pain, I have to be really careful when I open or close the product, for the tip of the lipstick would hit the cap and break off.

on 7/20/2016 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this in the shade Coral Of The Story as I was looking, you can easily tell, for a coral colour - which I never tried before. I was also attracted by its crayon shape, which seems to be in vogue now, and for the excellent price (3,99 euros). I'm already in love with many Wnw products so I went for it without thinking twice.
Well the lipstick itself is..fine, I mean, it's a balm, it hydrates and looks smooth and kind of shiny. The only problem is that the colour of the packaging doesn't definitely match the lip colour you'll get, as it looked neon orange on me. NEON! I'm for dark matte everything so it was a shock at first. It is also very very pigmented for being a balm, so I accidentally overdrawn it and I looked like a clown. Yikes! Anyway, I kissed a tissue a couple of times and it became more bearable, only to miserably disappear after the first pizza slice. It's not that I expected more, but I should try the tissue kissing way and not eat anything after, for a while. I'll update this.

UPDATE! I still don't have any love for this as a lipstick BUT for random reasons I've drawn two warrior stripes on my cheeks with this one and walked out of the bathroom punching my chest and growling for waking up my husband. Doesn't make sense sorry. But we greet each other burping loudly after a long day without seeing each other. Anyway. You know what? The random joke made me discover the shade Coral of the story can double as a blush! Can't be happier as I'm trying to find a new blush to love after my one and only love Milani's Luminoso but I'm too lazy for research right now. It's quite bright, almost fuchsia, but if blended with the RT sponge it wooorks! And it's adorable and lasts long enough, at least half day in the heat!