L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract, Isoeugenol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Linalool, Nelumbium Speciosum Extract/Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Carrot Oil/Beta-carotene

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Only tried this recently, smells very nice and distributed evenly. My hair is suppose to be damage after all the process I've done (bleached 3 times and multiple dyes), but I use many products to keep it healthy as it is. The packaging is a glass bottle which I really like, I think it's different. It's a decent product with nice ingredients. I bought it for $6 in Rite Aid when there was a sale. I'm liking it so far and probably will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This oil did not penetrate my hair cuticle as the organix brand of assorted oils does, also OGX is half the price of this product. Instead, this product tended to "sit" on my hair making chunks of it look oily even after I attempted to distribute thoroughly. The packaging is nice, a glass bottle with a pump. This product totally weighed my hair down so now I just use it on the ends of my hair. My advice, go with the Organix (OGX) brand oof Moroccan oil, it's half the price and the quality is much better overall. This is a flop.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/25/2015 5:06:00 PM

It's an ok hair serum. I agree with other reviewers: use only a tiny amount or you will get greasy/flat hair. My hair is short (bob) but damaged and i like oils. I was using the Garnier one (don't remember the exact name) but i ran out and the Oleo therapy was on sale. The ingredients are ok, i like the glass bottle and it makes my hair soft and manageable. I use it as a heat protector and it works very well. It's not revolutionary but it's a good one. It's a 3,5/5 but i feel generous ;)

on 3/14/2015 10:13:00 PM

I got a sample of the Bumble & Bumble hairdressing oil from Sephora and immediately fell in love, but it was way, way out of my price range. While searching for a cheaper alternative, I found this. Pros: there's a ton of product and it lasts forever. I have long (mid-back) super-thick, coarse, dry, wavy/curly hair. Usually I have to double or even triple the amount recommended in the instructions to see any effect. Not with this. You have to use it very sparingly or you will get greasy weighed-down hair. It makes my hair soft and a little more manageable, though it doesn't seem to have a lasting effect on frizz. The bottle is nice and solid. Cons: Oh my word, the smell. It's kind of a floral-ly scent, and it doesn't go away. If you like the fragrance, you'll be delighted. If you don't--and I can't stand it--you're not going to be able to use this stuff, no matter how good it is. I only hang on to it because I hate to waste money and this is expensive stuff for a drugstore product. I'm trying to coax my daughter into taking it off my hands.

on 1/11/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have long, medium fine hair, and lots of it. And recently my hair has been less manageable and frizzier with my previous hair products (Pureology), so I decided to switch to L'Oreal's Oleo Therapy line and I am loving this line a lot. I am using the shampoo, and alternating conditioner, deep recovery mask, hot oil and, as a final step in my routine, I am adding two pumps of this Perfecting Oil Essence. The locking pump on the glass bottle works very well, the scent of the whole line is soft and pleasant and it does not linger, and the result is soft, manageable, shiny and non-frizzy hair.
All around great product of a very good line at a reasonable price point. I have used this essence for 3 months and I'm halfway through the bottle, and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This oil is alright. It doesn't really do much for my hair in the long run, but when first applied it makes it really soft and shiny. Unfortunately, that only lasts about half an hour or so. It smells divine and the packaging is really great, although a bit heavy. The pump easily locks so you can travel with it without it getting everywhere. All in all, this product isn't anything great, but it's good if you are on a budget. My hair is very long (lower back/butt area), thick, and curly for reference.

on 11/18/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Makes my hair look somewhat healthier and smooths fairly well. The directions say use 1-2 pumps in damp hair. I have shoulder length, fine, wavy, dry, over-processesed hair and I use 3 pumps, I think I will try 4 next time, and I hope I get a little better results, as I am fairly pleased with this product, my hair is still left looking a little dry and frizzy, although not as much as when I do not use the oil. It also has a wonderful scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After recent hair coloring, an overly piecey haircut combined with the humid October weather, my hair is frizzy and unmanageable. I was looking for a miracle and hoped that this L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence product would save me after reading so many positive reviews on-line. I applied two pumps of this product on my hair. At first, it seemed like my frizziness was tamed. But minutes after application, the frizziness reappeared except this time with a perfumed greasy cooking oil scent. I felt nauseated by this scent that lingered for hours. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work for me. I returned this product, It didn't do anything for me and I can't stand the scent.

on 10/13/2014 6:21:00 PM

This product does nothing to my long, fine and wavy hair. Pretty much the same for all line. Bought it, because of the nice scent and kinda hoped that it'll do good to my hair too. Nope. Not at all after a few month. Using it as a hair deodorant.

on 10/11/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Really loving this serum. I can't believe how good this is at only $12 a pop! It smells divine and comes in a nice glass bottle. I use this right after I've flat ironed. It's pretty much like the icing on the cake. It smooths everything out and adds the perfect amount of moisture, shine, and weight. Also makes your hair smell great. I don't use it on my curls due to the cones pulling out the natural spring but if you straighten, I'd highly recommend.