Guerlain Guerlain Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara

Guerlain Guerlain Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara
Guerlain Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara

3.6

on 10/19/2017 3:51:00 PM

Love the colour selection, applies lovely . Unfortunatly it doesnt give me the dramatic lashes i want.
The navy colour shows up well for me without being obvious.
All in all id repurchase its a good daily mascara that stays put and is easy to remove.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, first off what is noticed with this for me is the (very strong imo) rose scent. I suppose for some women, it is appealing. For me, I feel like eye products should not be scented. That aside (and scent having no merit on my rating, but wanted to mention it), I am not thrilled with this product. I build-and-build, using various 'techniques' to build, and this just does not build for me. In fact, this makes my lashes look shorter, for some reason. This also irritates my eyes (I don't wear contacts), not burning, just an irritation that within an hour, I was wanting greatly to remove this. I will say this does not clump, so there is that. I guess if I was looking for an everyday natural mascara, this might be fine (irritation aside). But I expected some volume, any volume, from this, and I just do not get volume with this.

Not the worst mascara, but the drawbacks make this one a no-go for me. The tube is pretty, I will say that!! And if you like to smell roses, that might be nice. But all in all not impressed, pretty disappointed, actually. Just did not work out for me as hoped. Did not flake or transfer and applied fairly easily, but also wore off within a couple of hours, and that was even 'built up'.

My Guerlain guy knows me well, and got me hooked on a sample of this and after using it twice I just knew I'd have to fork over the money and buy a tube.
I love how classy this packaging looks---it's gorgeous, doesn't seem to attract a lot of fingerprints like some golden packaging does. The wand is the perfect size and pluffyness to reach each lash, and the thick black formula of the mascara does not smudge or smear even with all-day wear. It adds volume and length without aid of a primer, which I love because that saves me a step in the mornings! I think I detect a faint violet scent (as with all Guerlain cosmetics) but that doesn't bother me at all.
Will def repurchase!

on 9/13/2016 1:48:00 PM

I love how this mascara makes my lashes look. It gives them tons of volume and drama, which was the result I was hoping for. The overall effect is fabulous, this makes my lashes look full and sexy and PLUSH.

Unfortunately though, this mascara is extremely smudgy. Even with lash primer underneath. That is a mascara dealbreaker for me. As much as I love the way it looks, I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/5/2016 4:21:00 PM

If you can stand the smell of the mascara you'll hvae volum mascara that holds for hours.

on 7/16/2016 1:26:00 PM

This mascara gives so much volume that it's hard to separate my lashes. Although I loved it the first time I bought it, my second one is really dry since the moment I opened it. Feels like I have had it for a year, and now it clumps my lashes together. So for this price I wouldn't buy it again. There are much better (cheaper) mascaras out there.

on 3/23/2016 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A Sephora sample gets me again! Enjoyed my mini-tube so much I took the plunge once the full size was offered as part of a package with deluxe skincare samples. Thrilled I went for it! Sometimes the quality from sample to full size involves a bait-and-switch but I was even more pleased with the full tube. Packaging is beautiful, brush is very nice, and this mascara hits all the bases nicely: lengthening, thickening, lift, volume, and holds curl. No issues with clumping, streaking, or smudging by end of day. Lasts all day. I love that even coming from a fresh tube, this mascara was not too wet or gloppy straight away. Brush pulls up the perfect amount. Looks great on lower lashes as well, not too spidery or weird. For a blonde, this is important. It also fully covers my blonde lashes root to ends without wrangling or mess everywhere. It gets every single lash, even finds lashes I didn't know I had! The black is sharp, deep, and glossy. No hassles with contacts or removal. Will repurchase, definitely recommend.

I don't know how to attach a photo to my review so I'll add one into my photo album.

on 1/18/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best mascara for me. It does clump a bit but that doesn't matter to me because I just remove them but this mascara give me natural or glam lashes depending on how much I use. Also, it separates and if I go for an extra long lash look, it surprisingly doesn't look too gaudy or fake. I'm able to strike that weird balance between fake and naturally long look. It's a very pitch black colour and I love the scent. If you don't like scented products, then stay away because it's a heavy scent imo. I'll buy this again and again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this mascara. I liked the look I got using this mascara. It left me with a long, full lash look with just the right balance of length and volume. I found this is scented. I have never had a scented mascara before. It was not obtrusive, just a little strange. The only problem I had with this mascara and the reason I would not purchase it is because it wears off quickly. I found usually by midday this mascara would start to end up under my eyes and gave me a raccoon look. I wear contacts and I am too concerned that this mascara would end up in my eyes and irritate my contacts.

I love this mascara so freakin' much, definitely one of the, if not the, best mascara's I've ever used. Applies like an absolute dream, gives the nicest, full, separated, but still neat looking lashes ever, looks very soft.
I like how the brush lays in my hand, the shape of the cap feels nice for some reason.

So.. why the four lippies?
After a couple of hours it starts smudging onto my eyelids like crazy. I have this problem with a lot of mascara's, but with this one it's just really bad.
I love using it, and when I do so I pile on some powder, so hopefully the oil from my eyelids doesn't come through. That does help for a while, but unfortunately it smudges anyway. You do get used to wiping your lids every now and then, but still, it's annoying.

Not sure yet if I'll repurchase, for now I'm gonna say yes.