Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

2.7

Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Isostearyl Sebacate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

This product is definitely anything but a “dream”. I have very pale skin, so finding face makeup that doesn’t make me look like an Oompa Loompa can sometimes be challenging. I don’t know if it’s the strange sponge applicator that comes with this product or the light, but this powder makes me look like have dirt all over my face. Yeah, “fair” my ass. I’m not sure how this would work for someone with medium or deep toned skin, but judging by reviews not many people seem to like it (can’t say I blame a single one of them). Just avoid it. It’s junk.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love to use this powder after putting concealer on or just without any concealer underneath! This covers up almost any pimple easily. I say almost because sometimes you can tell that there is a pimple I'm trying to cover up. If you put on too much of this stuff it will look cakey, but just use a brush to lightly apply and you'll be fine. A little product will do wonders! The pigmentation is fabulous. I have sensitive skin and this powder does not irritate it. I've also used this to cover up a little bruise I got and it worked very well. This definitely lasts for a few hours but not all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this powder. I liked it and yet I didn't. I used it in combination with the Fluid Touch foundation (which I fell in love with just a little too late, unfortunately) and it seemed to be a winning combo. Normally I used the foundation with some translucent powder and I'd be good to go. The powder went on smooth but it looked off. I got into some daylight and looked in a mirror. It seemed fine but the color was just so odd. I got it in the lightest shade (as I usually have to for almost any foundation/powder/concealer) and it was close to my skin tone but compared to the rest of me, it just looked weird. Don't really hate it because as a powder, I think it worked well for me. It just didn't work out color wise.

I so passionately hate this powder that I revived my old makeupalley account just to vent. Usually, for me, powder is powder. My skin is "normal"...not overly dry nor overly oily. Any ol' powder does the trick. What I want out of a powder is to set my foundation, minimize pores and give my face a matte look. This power goes on thick and streaky...I really had to rub it around to make it work. Checking back in the mirror five minutes later, my face looking like a friggin oil' slick. Of course my reaction is to add more powder. Well that only sort of helps at this point. I deal with it and go about my day. An hour or so later, I check the mirror and oil slick is back and now my face also has a nice orange oompa loompa glow to it.

This has been my little game I've put up with for about two weeks now. Hoping it would get better. Hoping that I just added too much moisturizer that day or perhaps needed to switch my foundation. Nothing helps though.

This is hands down, the WORST make up item I have ever used. I hate it.

The end.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This powder isn't good. It does make my pores look smaller, but that's where it ends. It looks streaky, oxidizes, and doesn't last very long. Will maybe use up, but not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have come and gone away from this product over a few years and recently re-purchased it on a whim. Now I remember why I love it so much! I find, when used properly, this powder delivers a longwear matte finish that doesn't look cakey and doesn't settle into fine lines. Yes this powder is heavy, but I have a solution for working around that! I take a damp beauty blender/sponge (I use the Joe Fresh makeup sponge-- a dupe for the BB) and pat it in the powder. Then I blend the powder into the skin, only on the areas I feel I need it (under-eye, T-zone, nose and chin). Finally, I take a big fluffy brush that is clean and I sweep away any excess powder for a flawless finish. While the powder itself is awesome, I have a few minor gripes with the product. The first being the price: I paid 12 CAD for this at Walmart, so I think it is a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore powder. The second being the packaging: The little flip up mirror on the inside of the packaging is incredibly annoying! I wish that Maybelline put the mirror on the lid of the packaging so that you don't have to flip back and forth between the product and the mirror during application. However, I do think the little compartment for the sponge is very handy because it keeps re-application throughout the day simple. Overall I gave this product five stars because I genuinely think it is a really good product. It also works exceptionally well for my porcelain skin (way to go, Maybelline!)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Well, one 1st impressions this is fantastic! I got it in Pure Beige 75 and it blends in so perfectly with my mid-lightish brown skin. May need to go a shade darker in the summer tho. Anyhow, it gives a decent coverage. It makes my skin look even. It's nice to apply too w/ my little stubby Body Shop Foundation brush (I suggest not using the one in the package). I think it's more of a matte coverage. I used Cover Girl powders for years but the colors I chose were always just a little bit off. I really hope they don't discontinue the 75 shade. Only hope that it won't break me out as mostly everything and anything face I use gives me pimples. Fingers crossed!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this a day ago and it's pretty good and the package is nice but sometimes I see flakes on my undereye area. This mascara does make my lashes quote dark and I love it. I would recommend this product to a friend

I really like this product, but keep in mind the only powder I've used previously is the elf pressed mattifying powders. This powder blows the elf powder out of the water. This powder is so smooth, light, gives slight coverage, and mattifies but doesn't dry out your skin. This powder looks like your skin. I use an elf kabuki brush to apply this powder. In a pinch I used the sponge when I was on the go and it wasn't too bad, but I can't imagine the sponge being hygienic plus I thought the brush did a better job of lightly and evenly distributing this product around my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For the first few rounds of trying this powder I felt like everyone else did - it was frustratingly hard to find a working color, and it tended to darken more than I would have expected. (Would have given 5 stars if it was easier to use.) But I've finally figured out how to use this on my very oily skin, which is basically as a finishing veil, and would say it's one of the best powders at the drugstore. My routine is basically a powder foundation routine in which I sometimes don't even bother with concealer. I also use this routine with wet foundation although I tend to be more light handed with the powders.
*So apply your primer or foundation or just sunscreen. (Im acne prone do I don't use straight primers.)
*Second, I use a light dusting of the Maybelline loose powder because it works great as an oil absorber and is basically transluscent.
*Thirdly, I like to apply a light layer of the FitMe Matte powder which also works great as an oil absorber and gives a little coverage.
*Lastly I use the Dream Wonder powder on top of everything for it's ability to cover really well and give a smooth look, applying a little extra over the areas of scarring on my cheeks.
This might seem like a lot of powder, and perhaps I could get away with just one of the oil absorbent ones, but it works for me and feels lighter on my skin than some of the heavy "powder foundations" out there.