Dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster

No Image

3.0

Not tested on animals

Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Honey (Mel), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hypericum Perforatum, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Benzophenone-4, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben. 1/25/12

on 3/21/2014 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gosh this stuff is horrible on my skin! I have sensitive combination skin, and it was looking pretty ok but I had a sample of this and thought id try it out last night! The texture is very oily, but it sinks into skin ok. When I woke up I had 2 bright red welts on my cheeks, and my skin felt really parched and tight! I have clearly had some kind of reaction to this! Its made my skin look awful :( Its not "soothing" at all! Be careful with this one if you have sensitive skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only product I've used that actually calms down facial skin irritation. Sometimes I get clusters of breakouts on my forehead that can't be treated with acne products (I think it's due to irritation, rather than sebum or hormones). I apply this over the affected area in the day time and night time after I cleanse my face. Because it reduces bumps and irritations, for me, it also reduces redness. Not sure if it would help with rosacea induced redness. However, it is really pricy but if I can't find a dupe I might have to repurchase this.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was recommended this product when my skin was slightly dry, suffered from dehydration from all that traveling, and I had red patches here and there on my skin from irritation. It would get inflamed really easily. I have tried a bunch of other Dermalogica products (see my other reviews) with great results so I had great hopes for this product, but boy - I was so disappointed! The Gentle Soothing Booster has the texture of an oil. Now I have used some oils in the past where upon contact with skin, the oiliness of the oil disappears. This is not the case here. After applying to the red areas of my skin, my skin FEELS oily and LOOKS oily, there's a shiny, sticky film on my face. And the red areas are still red and have not calmed down. My skin remains dehydrated as well - I was told that because it has a texture/consistency of an oil, it would hydrate the drier areas on my face. Not true!! Don't waste your money on this product!! I'm going back to my Mario Badescu masks (Healing & Soothing Mask and Azulene Calming Mask) to calm my skin, they have never failed me! They have this range of chamomile products (or Azulene, same thing) that calms sensitive, irritated skin and they work wonders! I have gone through 4 pots of the Healing & Soothing Mask and 2 pots of the Azulene Camling Mask.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and I have to agree with another reviewer that that is a good thing. I would never want a full bottle of this. This is an oil. I was actually surprised when I opened the packet and it spilled out. This sinked into my skin quickly that I was really hoping this would do what it says and boost my skin. It was soft after application. That being said I did have my acne flare up within the next day that was pretty painful as they were deep cystic breakouts. I would not recommend this nor would I try it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this as a sample and was impressed enough to purchase a full size bottle even though it's very expensive. You can get it cheaper on Ebay. My skin is post menopausal and use to be very oily but now it's dry, however, I am still prone to breakouts. I have a lot of sun damage, acne scaring and broken veins. My HG foundation is EL Double Wear and I don't plan to change. The older I get the more drying this foundation becomes and I was noticing that I was starting to look like a dried prune!! Why won't I change foundation? DW still provides me with the best coverage and lasts all day. I was using heavier and heavier creams under my makeup which caused more breakouts. I am allergic to dimethicone and can only tolerate a small amount of sunscreen. I haven't found a silicone/dimethicone free primer yet that actually works. When I use the gentle soothing booster not only does it calm down my redness and it's hydrating so I don't need the heavy cream anymore. I put on the booster then EL's Idealist and sometimes Boots No 7 Instant Radiance. The combination really provides the perfect base for my foundation. Also, I use to have problems with Idealist pilling with other products and the soothing booster has put an end to it. I've noticed a firming action too and I am very happy with this product. I wish that Dermalogica's face creams weren't full of dimethicone or I would give them a try.

on 10/31/2011 1:52:00 AM

I like Dermalogica's products due to it's contains no artificial fragrance or color.This soothing booster is 50% for hydrate and 50% for calm the sensitive skin. Actually, it is feel oily before it absorb. However, it is an oil-free complex of ultra-soothing botanical which make by the red raspberry, honey and flower extracts nevertheless the oil base extract which did not cause breakout to me. I had try this stuff before i purchase it. At first, i feel it is really oily so i just put it at the wound area. What i found is it really effective to cure the wound in just three days and it will minimize the scar left after the wound recover. So, i decide to buy one bottle and after one month of using this booster, my sensitive skin become better and the redness cause by the environmental also has visible reduce. I love this stuff except it is really pricey.

on 9/8/2010 4:12:00 AM

I had a sample of this product, and Im sooo glad I did. I wouldnt buy it, even if it was way cheaper. I expected it to be kind of a serum, but it feels much more like an oil. It leaves my skin shiny and takes a little while to soak in - in fact, after a few minutes I sprayed some Avene Thermal Water over it, because even though I used only a little amount, it started feeling really sticky, which doesnt even happen with good skincare oils. The Thermal water helped in the end to get rid of the sticky feeling and the product kind of soak into the skin, but the effect was...none. No reduction of the redness on my cheeks, no calmed skin, just skin that urgently craved some moisturizer - it felt so dry! Maybe I dont react well to raspberryextract or -oil, because I had a similar experience when I used raspberry oil on my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product hasn't done my face any harm, but I haven't noticed any significant difference - and for the price of $66, I'm a bit disappointed. However, it is soothing, there's not doubting that, I'm not sure what it does for redness. It's not an instant soother, you have to wait before it works. In my opinion, it works like Avene's thermal spring water, it soothes, but doesn't in the long term reduce redness or fortify the skin. I've only been using it for three weeks or so, and though I like to use it, it's unlikely I'll repurchase because it's just too expensive.

on 6/28/2010 8:30:00 AM

Among all other stuff, there is no time to use this. Not necessary.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

To me, this is acne in a bottle. I tried this together with other samples of Dermalogica products, and I broke out terrebly, in deep, nasty, painful acne on my chin and cheeks. It took weeks to heal. But as I tried several new products at once, I didnt know what was the cause. So I tried this again, separately, and after two days of using this, I broke out again, on both cheeks and on my chin. Again, deep painful acne.
It is supposedly non-oily, but it makes your hands completely water repellant.
I cant say that it doesnt calm down any redness and so on, as I havent used it long enough, and never will again. This is headed straight for the trash. That was money down the drain...
The pachaging is ok, standard Dermalogica.

Popular Face Skincare Products