no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is a very unique colour. I really like that it's a blend of several glitters, and silver and gold. In some lighting though, the gold looks like it has a green tinge, but fluorescent lighting makes all my nail polish look bad. I found this at a warehouse sale for 1.99 and I'm so glad I did because I love this polish. As much as I like other glitters and holos I think they look cheap, but this doesn't.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

3 years ago

I love this glitter polish. It’s a blend of medium-sized silver and fine gold and silver glitter in a clear base. It applies surprisingly dense for a glitter polish, but to get truly opaque coverage of glitter apply it with a makeup sponge. I felt with the makeup sponge some of the fine gold glitter got absorbed by the sponge and not much made it on the nail. So after making the nail completely covered in glitter sing the sponge technique (and letting it dry), I brushed the polish on the nail normally to make the gold show up. In some light it looks like a warm silver, in other light like a cool gold. With as large particle of glitter as this polish has, it lasts surprisingly well; I think that’s partly due to the sponge technique adhering the glitter so densely. After four days and had wear on the tips, but no chips. As with all glitters, removal is a chore, but I would buy this again.

About reviewer (571 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

from

4 years ago

So... I got this for my wedding. It's sophisticated for a sparkle polish (which I don't usually gravitate towards but did for my wedding due to the theme). You get chunky silver glitters in different sizes suspended in a clear polish base with fine champagne gold glitters. I call it the "sophisticated" sparkle polish! One coat is good enough. One lippie off for slight chipping in day 2 and difficulty in getting the sparkles off (even after rubbing with nail polish remover).

About reviewer (229 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

One of the best glitter polishes I own because you don't need a thousand coats to see the glitter, one coat and it's there, however I usually use 2. I don't wear glitter polish that often but for New Year's Eve it was PERFECT! It is a champagne color with a little bit of silver, so perfect for the holiday.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

beautiful shade it's silver with some light gold undertones and chunks of glitter but it chips so easily even with a top coat!!! not impressed :(

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

6 years ago

I'm surprised no one else has reviewed this polish. Hors d'oeuvres is part of Essie's Holiday 2013 Encrusted Treasures Collection and I chose it because it looked the most festive to me. I wasn't disappointed. One coat gives my nails a nice, sparkle effect and two coats gives them a full on bling look that's not tacky. The best way I can describe the end result is that it's like wearing silver crystals. The colour itself is a beautiful combination of silver and gold and the colours change depending the lighting. I'm not fond of the feel of textured polishes and while Hors d'oeuvres looks textured, it doesn't feel that way, at least not in an obvious way. I've gotten a number of compliments on my nails and it's perfect for the holidays or any fancy occasion. Essie makes some of the most unique colours and this one is no exception.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age44-55