Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser

Shiseido  Ibuki Purifying Cleanser

Water, Stearic Acid Myristic Acid,Peg-8,Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silica, Alcohol Denat., Beeswax, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Trehalose, Peg-90m, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Betaine, Sodium Benzoate, Bht.

on 3/11/2018 6:29:00 PM

This cleanser is for those of us who want squeaky clean skin. I find that the gentle cleansers (Cetaphil) don't leave my skin feeling clean after washing. I have been using this cleanser daily for about two years for my early 30's combination, sensitive skin. I love how thick it is, and when you add some water, it lathers amazingly. There is a mild scent... not sure what. It cleans my face really well but I still use an oil cleanser to take off my makeup first. There are small grains that gives me a very mild exfoliation. Each tube lasts me 3 months used twice daily and it costs $38 CAD. Drug store cleansers are a fraction of the price but only last about 6 weeks when used twice daily so I don't find it to be much more expensive.

The creamy consistency feels luxurious and I love to take it for traveling as it's so thick it will not drip or leak. All in all it's worth trying if you're thinking about it.

on 2/4/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is The best cleanser I have ever come across.

Pros: It's one of the most thorough and effective cleansers I have ever used. At the same time, it's one of the most (if not The Most) gentle one. It leaves your pores thoroughly cleaned and seems to have a brightening effect too. I'm super oily, dehydrated and sensitive. This cleanser doesn't irritate me in any way (unlike many others on the market) and leaves me feeling super fresh and comfortable. It smells like (expensive) heaven and the tiniest dab produces huge volumes of foam. Love love love

Coms: Its pricey. Having said that, because it's so concentrated, it will last you twice as long as any other cleanser would. The smell is definitely there. Although I'm sensitive it doesn't irritate me, but not everyone can feel the same way.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is toxic. It burned my eyes, and my skin. My face and eyes were on fire. I must be allergic to an ingredient. Wow- I have never reacted that badly to a product. Beware if you have sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this product for a little less than a month now, but the product has worked wonders on my skin. I did not get the full product since I was only given a sample. My skin is fairly dry/normal except for my t-zone, which is oily. My skin regimen every morning is: 1) Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser 2) Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate 3) Shiseido Ibiuki Moisturizer. At night, it's the same thing except 1) Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser. All these products have treated my skin well. I've already seen improvements with my acne and redness. I'm even already getting compliments! I was recently at a birthday party on Independence Day and the facepaint lady told me I had amazing skin because the star stencil she was using was creating crisp streaks, unlike other clients who ended up with blotches and messy stars. I told her it was because of this Ibuki line and surprisingly enough, she was using it too! We both raved on how well it worked for the rest of the time she did my facepaint. I'm already running out of this product because I got the sample, but next time I head to a Shiseido booth, I am definitely going to purchase this product.

on 3/20/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Years ago, when I had a now "dissolved" department store credit card, I discovered the Shiseido brand. I bought a few things and even became addicted the their Pureness Deep Cleansing Pore Mask. I sort of drifted away from the line when the internet became all the rage and all the previously hard to obtain lines became more readily available. I was browsing Sephora not too long ago when I saw some Shiseido products again. I remembered the nice, fresh smell of the Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam so I decided to get a cleanser again. I wanted to branch out a bit so I got the Ibuki cleanser.

First, this cleanser is not terribly miraculous or even "Holy Grail" status in my opinion. It's nice enough but I doubt anyone is going to see any vast improvement in their skin while using this. What I like about this is the smell. It smells exactly like the Benefiance cleanser I had so many moons ago which I still like very much. If I had to describe it, I would say it smells expensive and fancy. I rotate my skin care because my skin is quite finicky and has the odd ability to get bored with even the best of cleanser. I keep Ibuki in my rotation when I'm in the mood to use something really soap like and foamy like after doing yard work and sweating like a pig. As great as oils and other non-foaming cleanser can be, sometimes you just want to work up a nice lather that makes your skin feel soapy clean. There are little granules that act as an exfoliant but they're not at all harsh. I also love that you only have to use the smallest amount to get a seriously good lather. I'm the queen of Squeezing Out Too Much Product, but even I've learned that a very small pea size will provide you with copious amounts of lather. As such, I feel the 30 dollar-ish price tag is fairly justified. Even if you use this twice a day, a tube should last a fair amount of time.

While I do like this cleanser, I can't stress enough that it's really nothing spectacular. I didn't see a huge difference in things like break outs or improved skin tone. This is basically just a good cleanser that gets rid of the dirt and grime without being too drying. If you're looking for something rather basic and willing to spend a bit more, this is it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this cleanser before, as well as the regular ibuki cleanser but I find the purifying one much better with it's exfoliation properties. The smell is really nice, and I like the thick creamy consistency, which builds up a good bit of lather while gently exfoliating. There is nothing particularly special about it compared to other cheaper cleansers though, and the price is a little steep. I find my skin to be no different when using this or a cheaper alternative. With regards to moisturising, it's good for normal or dry skin, but I think it would be too thick and creamy on oily skin and it also doesn't give that refreshed feel. The only benefit is the nice smell, gentle exfoliation and lots of lather. I'd give it 6/10.

on 10/17/2014 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the best. doesn't dry my skin at all

on 10/17/2014 12:30:00 AM

Packaging got cheaper and couldnt squeeze just a bit to use..disappointed

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have the same issue with this product as I have with the new moisturizer in this line. The packaging got cheaper and they kept the price the same.

The packaging is horrible because you can't get all of the product out of it (although you can't get it out of the Skincare line either). I have to cut the tube when I'm close to the end. But the plastic feels thinner and cheaper. I'm not a fan.

The product itself is also different than the Skincare line (I keep comparing it to that line because this line was supposed to replace that line - as far as age group and skin type/needs; however, the Skincare line is still available online- for now). It doesn't make my face feel as clean. I have actually done a side by side comparison.

It is mediocre for a cleanser, it has the little beads in it and it is creamy but still foams up. Some people might actually like/love this product, it just isn't for me. It strips too much moisture from my skin.

I wouldn't purchase again, but it might work for someone with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so in loooove with this cleanser! First tried it as a sample and just had to go back and buy the full size. I have been using this for around 3 months now. I love the way it foams up and it feels like it really removes every scrap of makeup and oilyness from my skin. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and nice. I have quite oily skin and usually would wake up with new breakouts/whiteheads etc and since using this cleanser (I also use the ibuki softener ((HG)) ) when i wake up i have no new spots on my face. The texture of my skin has also improved so much! Pores feel more refined and it gives me the feeling and look of normal skin rather than my previous definately oily skin type. Cant say enough good things about this! If you have oily skin that isnt super sensitive then give this a go!