New York Color HD Color Trio

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
New York Color HD Color Trio

2.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got mine in the shade "Central Park Plums" at Kmart for $2.99. It has a nice cream shade, a dark plum shade, and a taupe shade. I used to like it but the pigmentation started to lack a lot. The cream shade did nothing for my browbone or the inner corner. The plum shade faded on the eyes after 3-4 hours and the taupe shade didn't show up much. For $2.99, this is a complete waste of your money. Buy a Wet n' Wild trio at the same price, and the quality is way better! Don't waste your time on any of these.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased my NYC HD Color Trio in the shade 790, Concrete Jungle. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone and here's why:

- This palette contains three colors: a metallic shimmery white, a shimmery dark navy blue, and a shimmery dark grey. I picked it up because the dark blue and grey both appealed to me. The white highlight shade is very sheer and pretty chalky. The blue "all over lid" shade (according to their directions) is so sheer that it comes off black. Basically there's hardly any pigment so what looks like a beautiful and obvious blue in the pan comes off as a faded black on the lid or when swatched. The blue is the least shimmery of the three shades, although it still contains noticeable sparkle. The dark gray is the most buttery smooth and promising of all three, but it comes of SO SHEER. When swatched all you can really see is sparkle. Has to be built up layer upon layer to appear gray and has too much shimmer to be a worthwhile crease color, in my opinion.

- The applicator that comes with this trio SUCKS. It's not surprising when an extremely cheap palette comes with an extremely cheap sponge tip applicator, but I wouldn't use this one even in a pinch.

Hmm... that's really all there is to say. I paid no more than $3 for it, so I guess I can't complain. And I can get a pretty look out of it. The colors are easy to blend because they're so sheer. It's just not what I was expecting. I'd recommend Wet N Wild trios over these, which are similarly priced and packaged but of way higher quality, in my opinion.

Top Rated Eye Shadow