Foreo - LunaForeo - LunaForeo - LunaForeo - Luna

on 6/11/2018 3:56:00 AM

About my skin: normal-combination,not acne prone,nose blackheads,dry patches during winter,noticeable pores on the side of the nose.

If you have and love a clarisonic,there's no point in owning the Foreo too.I purchased the Luna mini years ago when it came out,but wasn't that impressed.I gave it some use,but after a few days would start to notice texture and clogged pores so I always went back to my clarisonic to solve the situation. It might be good for girls who have super sensitive skin,but I still think they would rather enjoy the clarisonic mia with the cashmere brush.
I think this is more of a massage device than a cleansing tool.

on 6/6/2018 7:36:00 AM

This is a review of the Foreo Luna 2 for combination skin (blue colour)

I absolutely LOVE this cleansing device. I bought it because I was at my wits' end, my face was constantly breaking out, even though I have an extensive skin care routine and I use good quality skin care products. I have had two rounds of accutane, after the second one my acne wasn't gone and my dermatologist told me that my acne was incredibly persistent. That's why I decided to take the plunge and buy this (expensive) product, because it has great reviews and Kathleen Lights even recommends it. I bought this in July, it's June now so I have been using it for nearly a year.

I'm so glad I decided to buy this. I opted for the Foreo Luna 2 and not a Clarisonic device because the Foreo is much more hygienic, easy to clean and seemed less harsh for my skin. I saw improvement in my skin about a month after I started using it. It cleared my skin completely. I could even go outside without any face makeup because my face was completely acne free, something I haven't done in years. I tried out different settings, but I noticed that when I used a higher setting, my breakouts would come back. I still use the default setting of the device. Right now I am under a lot of stress and I don't sleep enough, two main acne triggers for me, so my skin is not completely acne free at the moment. But when I have a holiday, or when I sleep well for a change and I'm not under a lot of stress, my skin clears completely.

This device is a gamechanger for me, I know it keeps breakouts at bay and when I'm not under stress, it's capable of keeping my skin acne free. There used to be clogged pores on my chin all the time, those are now gone. I can also tell that the blackheads on my nose are visibly reduced and it looks like my pores on my nose and cheeks are not as big. The foreo also seems to increase the bloodflow, because my face looks healthier and more glowy. The battery really lasts a long time, I use the foreo twice a day and the battery lasts about 3 months. I also quickly use it on my neck after I finish the usual skin care routine with the device. I also use the anti aging function, but I can't really say anything about it since I don't really have any wrinkles yet, except that it feels very soothing and it helps my skin to better absorb my eye cream.

I've noticed that people who complain about the foreo are mostly people without major skin issues who freak out once their skin breaks out a bit after starting to use the foreo. Yet, it's normal for your skin to get a bit worse at first as it still needs to adapt to the device. My skin cleared up after about a month's use. Please also keep in mind that you shouldn't press the foreo against your skin, that will cause breakouts. Just let the foreo lightly touch your skin and the device will do the rest. Also, try to play with the settings and find which one works for you. I really can't believe that the foreo would be too harsh for anyone's skin if they keep those things in mind. It has never irritated my skin, it actually feels very relaxing. I can recommend this device to wholeheartedly!!

on 6/6/2018 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this because it has such strong reviews. I bought the lilac colour for sensitive skin, it was the last one at Sephora which indicates how popular it is.

I used it straight away and after about 3-4 days was blown away that my skin looked like it was glowing - possibly from the vibration and massaging motion of the Luna. But. I did get a few little bumps on my face. Nothing too serious, they were on the smaller end, but always slightly firm and generally would need to be removed. But as the days wore on there were more of them, and on various parts of my face.

I stopped for a while and went back to my old routine. I have this week re-started the trial of the Luna, but I have halved my face and am only using it in the evenings on one half of my face, and the other side I am using my usual routine. Well it's been 3-4 days, and I had the little bump come up on my nostril about two days ago, with another nearby, and today there's one on my forehead, temple and near eyebrow. And the nature of the bumps is the same as what I'd seen in the para above. This is on the side of the face using the Luna. The side of the face that is NOT using the Luna is fairly standard, maybe one spot but not of the 'bump' nature.

To be certain, I will switch the Luna over to the other side of the face to be sure - if the same bumps come up now on this side I will know it's the Luna.

I've made this post so that, if the same thing happens to someone else, it may be easier for them to determine whether it was the Luna vs another product. It does seem like a great product, and it seems to work for others, but for me it seems to bring up visible bumps that ruin the appearance of my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse

I got the new Luna Fofo in my FabFitFun box. I don’t see that particular one here so I’ll lump it in with these reviews.

First, I have not used a Clarisonic but have used knock-off electronic brushes. I’ve never really stuck with them, maybe because of the drying time and cleanup necessary.

My habit is to take my makeup off with a micellar water, then use Dr.Brandt two-step retinol pads a few times a week. The other nights I use a face masque of some sort, I’m kind of a masque collector/addict! I often don’t cleanse my skin more than what’s necessary to remove the masque, feeling those things are enough. Even though I am 60, I’m still prone to breakouts on my chin so I don’t want to overdo it. In the morning, some cold water and a soft washcloth is all I use before the sunscreen goes on.

I got the Luna FoFo and I love it. I use it every night and sometime in the morning, syncing it to my phone and following the directions. My skin feels so smooth and soft, and even the mellia I’ve been plagued with seem to be disappearing, and no breakouts. As a bit of a germaphobe, I like the idea that the silicone doesn’t hold bacteria, which I believed caused my problems. The Luna sits up on the counter much better than the brushes I had did.

The fofo guides you through your routine, kind of like your toothbrush, sending out signals when to move to the next area, so you get at least two minutes of vibration. It has a battery that is replaceable but it supposedly won’t need it until 400 uses. Its very easy to clean, just a rinse under water.

The negative part is that the app is a joke. You supposedly sync it to your phone and use the sensors to tell you how much moisture your skin has, and what your skin age is. However, you fill out a profile first and it pulls skin age directly from that. Had I said I was 20, I’m sure the app would have said my skin age was 20. I always have enough moisture, even if I’ve been out in the wind all day. It’s also wonky and doesn’t always work, plus you can’t keep track of your cleansings or moisture needs. However, they say it is beta and I hope they do improve it.

I’m a new user and already see improvement with my skin. How much is due to the blood-flow and vibration from the device, or how much is due the type of cleansing I wasn’t doing before is hard to say. But I’m impressed and will keep it up. Any tech gadget is a good one! If it only had an Amazon skill so Alexa could automatically renew my cleanser as it got low....:).

on 3/28/2018 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about a month now and I'm starting to really notice a difference on my skin. I live in a very hot and humid country and have struggled with super oily (especially during the summer months here in the Southern hemisphere) but also sensitive skin + dilated pores for as long as I can remember, so when I read a few reviews that mentioned this has significantly reduced oiliness and "shrunk" the pores on some people I had to give it a go... and, for me, it works wonders! I only use it at night, mostly because I'm lazy in the mornings, but because I feel it's unnecessary to do a deep cleanse after having done it just before going to bed, too. And even using it only once a day has made a significant difference: my skin looks clearer and cleaner, brighter and my pores look less clogged and therefore smaller. This is all I was looking for; plus, it's super gentle, so it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin and that is a miracle. I bought the non-rechargeable version because I was afraid that it would not work well for me, but it does and I will definitely buy the chargeable one.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because I bought the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 and started using it around the same time and I feel like this improvement is also partly due to the Clinique lotion. However, when I use the cotton pad with the lotion I can see that it comes out significantly cleaner than it was before using Luna to wash my face, so the results are pretty obvious and pretty amazing to me.

on 2/19/2018 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great cleansing system and great product overall.

After years of using a Clarisonic, I found I was getting really tired of having to repurchase brush heads over and over. Also, I was getting really concerned about how clean the brush really was after using it for so many years (the base, not the actual head). I asked some of the salespeople in Sephora for their honest opinions of the Luna, and they all were loving it after switching from their Clarisonic.

It cleans very well (definitely less exfoliating than a Clarisonic, thought), works great with my gel cleanser as a second cleanse, and stays charged FOREVER. Perhaps best of all is that the silicone "bristles" stay bacteria-free, and the brand is cruelty-free overall.

PROS:
-bacteria-free bristles
-cruelty-free brand
-stays charged for months
-very easy to travel with
-effective at daily exfoliation
-no need to repurchase brush heads

CONS:
-price ($199)

Clarisonic is better than this! hard to handle this and doesn't feel like I am clean!
BAD!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I should have listened to the negative reviews before purchasing the Foreo Luna 2. I've used the Clarisonic for over 5 years and I guess I was getting "bored" of it even though it worked for me after so many years. What drew me to the Luna was the fact that I would never have to purchase replacement brush heads, it's compact, and SO much more hygienic than the clarisonic.
I purchased the purple one for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but I thought I'd be safe by using the more gentle one. My skin is combination/oily tzone. Upon first using it, I noticed my skin felt very clean and was not dry. After 2 days of use, I noticed a few pimples began emerging on my cheeks. I do get zits on occasion but my skin is mostly clear, so I didn't want to jump the gun and stop using it. I kept using it only once a day at night and noticed more pimples began appearing right after the older ones would heal. It's been 3 weeks now, and I'm beginning to get pimples on my nose (which is an area of my face that I NEVER get pimples). That's when I knew I couldn't use it anymore and it was wreaking havoc on my skin. I'm thinking it was aggravating my skin and causing the irritation. Too bad this didn't work for me and I just wasted all that money. Back to my good ole clarisonic

I am glad to hear I have not been the only one who has had problems with. I am a total skincare gadget junkie and absolutely had to have this! I really thought this was going to be great and had high expectations for it. I usually use a clarisonic and started using this instead. It did absolutely nothing to clear my skin, in fact it ended up breaking me out. Back to my clarisonic.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't like it...I have a clarisonic and it's ok, just feels a bit over-clean and the whole brush seems a bit unhygenic to just air dry so I thought this would be a good compromise. The vibrations feel nice but don't do jack for me to clean my skin. I used a foaming cleanser and an exfoliating cleanser, both of which got stuck in the little silicone nubs and left a weird film that was nearly impossible to clean.
I tried it for a week and was just unimpressed, seemed like a lot of hype but I don't see any improvement so I will stick with the Clarisonic.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools