Foreo - LunaForeo - LunaForeo - LunaForeo - Luna

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I should have listened to the negative reviews before purchasing the Foreo Luna 2. I've used the Clarisonic for over 5 years and I guess I was getting "bored" of it even though it worked for me after so many years. What drew me to the Luna was the fact that I would never have to purchase replacement brush heads, it's compact, and SO much more hygienic than the clarisonic.
I purchased the purple one for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but I thought I'd be safe by using the more gentle one. My skin is combination/oily tzone. Upon first using it, I noticed my skin felt very clean and was not dry. After 2 days of use, I noticed a few pimples began emerging on my cheeks. I do get zits on occasion but my skin is mostly clear, so I didn't want to jump the gun and stop using it. I kept using it only once a day at night and noticed more pimples began appearing right after the older ones would heal. It's been 3 weeks now, and I'm beginning to get pimples on my nose (which is an area of my face that I NEVER get pimples). That's when I knew I couldn't use it anymore and it was wreaking havoc on my skin. I'm thinking it was aggravating my skin and causing the irritation. Too bad this didn't work for me and I just wasted all that money. Back to my good ole clarisonic

I am glad to hear I have not been the only one who has had problems with. I am a total skincare gadget junkie and absolutely had to have this! I really thought this was going to be great and had high expectations for it. I usually use a clarisonic and started using this instead. It did absolutely nothing to clear my skin, in fact it ended up breaking me out. Back to my clarisonic.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't like it...I have a clarisonic and it's ok, just feels a bit over-clean and the whole brush seems a bit unhygenic to just air dry so I thought this would be a good compromise. The vibrations feel nice but don't do jack for me to clean my skin. I used a foaming cleanser and an exfoliating cleanser, both of which got stuck in the little silicone nubs and left a weird film that was nearly impossible to clean.
I tried it for a week and was just unimpressed, seemed like a lot of hype but I don't see any improvement so I will stick with the Clarisonic.

i bought mine in Paris 2-3 years ago then forgot about it (as I often do) - reading all these good reviews now, must go find it and give it another go

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Luna Mini 2 from Sephora. I've been using it since last year so I can safely say, for me, it's the best. There are a lot of reasons why I prefer the Luna over the Clarisonic. It's a more gentle exfoliation which I need to help prevent irritation and breakouts, it's more sanitary, it's 100% waterproof so it's cool to use in the shower, it only has to charge twice a year and I love that it's a one time purchase, no brush head replacements! It's just perfect.

on 5/14/2017 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was very excited about this product because i knew the clarisonic would be too harsh on my skin REGARDLESS of what all the youtubers say about it being so gentle. I believe i spent £90 on my foreo luna, feels nice and that is about it. This could be due to my personal skin type but it broke me out, whiteheads and cysts everywhere. I was confused considering it is SUPPOSED to be a gentle form of exfoliation and im sorry iv just never believed in purging, because what is the use of smooth skin with a face full of post inflammatory pigmentation.

The product broke me out, didn't do anything, didn't even clean makeup off my skin better than any other product.

I will add my skin only works well with chemical exfoliation, manual exfoliation just always seems to drive my skin nuts whether it be scrubs, derma rolling or THE FOREO LUNA.

I have to add this because i am not sure if it's because the product is trash or my skin is intollerable. It was just not worth what was spent and did nothing. This type of product can be found on ebay or amazon for about 5% of the price (minus the vibration). Don't waste your money on gimmicks

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have tried a few face brushes in the past, including an actual soft brush for years before the electric versions hit the market, the clarisonic mia and the olay face brush among others.

For reference my face combination with a few breakouts every month, oily nose and chin area, very dehydrated for the rest of it, mild rosacea and redness on cheeks and burning sensation when I'm not treating it right, quite sensitive where I can't use alcohol or fragrance products at all. My skin gets rough on these oily spots, so much that konjac sponge or silicone pad won't get rid of the rough skin.

I got the foreo mini for a xmas present, its been around 2 weeks and I'm in love with it. I use it in the shower in the evenings after I take my makeup off with cleansing oil and then use a nice mild cleanser with the foreo. I love that its very gentle and leaves my skin absolutely baby soft for a whole day. I also love the subtle massage it gives, it really doesn't feel like its doing much but I see a difference in skintone and general firmness already.

I was absolutely sold by the fact that this doesn't have a brushead like the other ones I've used because I found myself often getting paranoid about bacteria in them and brusheads can be expensive. I didn't expect it to perform so much better than the rest of the facial cleansing devices and tools though and now that I've tried it I think I'll be a foreo user for life.

ps: I got the foreo mini for 99 $, great value imo, would buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Luna Mini. It was originally $100 @ Ulta but I had $20 off in points. This is anti-bacterial, non-absorbent, gentle yet very deep cleansing. You charge it once every 6 months with no replaceable brush heads. I use it morning and night; morning on the low setting, night the high setting. It makes any face wash I use foam up well enough to feel like I'm actually cleaning my skin but not so much that it gets red and irritated (which my skin is very prone to do). I had the Clarisonic for a while and my face was always broken out, red and so sensitive to the touch. (That's with using it for 6 months straight day and night, changing out the brush head every 3 months on the dot, using the cashmere brush head and letting the head air dry separate from the Clarisonic after every use). The Foreo Luna is hands down so much better!!!!!

As far as the performance as a face washer, it's gentle but affective to clean my face and I have nothing to complain. However I got Luna 2 for normal skin( light pink one) two months ago in Sephora, and it broke today. I tried pressing the start button but it wasn't working so I put it on the charger because I thought it might be out of battery. However after the charging time period suggested by the user manual it still not working when I pressed the start button. I was surprised something with 2 year warranty can break so easily. I follow all the instructions in the user manual and I did use the device properly. So I went back to Sephora to do an exchange with my original receipt and the lady that helped me says she think it's a bad batch cuz some other customer also took back the same device for exchange. Since customers can't double check the quality in stores I would say please watch out when you are getting the Luna 2 for normal skin or please keep your receipt so if anything happens you can do a return just in case.

on 12/20/2016 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried out the Foreo Luna Play in a Sephora Skincare box - it came with a coupon for about $50 purchasing a full size Luna, which was a pretty good deal imho. In the past I have used a clarisonic but I haven't for a long time.

I was super underwhelmed by the Luna Play. It's such a subtle vibration, it's such a small tool... I was so excited to try it out and was just left feeling blah. The play has limited uses (claims to be 100) but it's hard to turn on and I doubt it's great for the environment.

I would say if you are interested in the Luna just skip the play and try out the full size. I, however, will be sticking to my face cloths!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools