Foreo - LunaForeo - LunaForeo - LunaForeo - Luna

on 3/28/2018 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about a month now and I'm starting to really notice a difference on my skin. I live in a very hot and humid country and have struggled with super oily (especially during the summer months here in the Southern hemisphere) but also sensitive skin + dilated pores for as long as I can remember, so when I read a few reviews that mentioned this has significantly reduced oiliness and "shrunk" the pores on some people I had to give it a go... and, for me, it works wonders! I only use it at night, mostly because I'm lazy in the mornings, but because I feel it's unnecessary to do a deep cleanse after having done it just before going to bed, too. And even using it only once a day has made a significant difference: my skin looks clearer and cleaner, brighter and my pores look less clogged and therefore smaller. This is all I was looking for; plus, it's super gentle, so it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin and that is a miracle. I bought the non-rechargeable version because I was afraid that it would not work well for me, but it does and I will definitely buy the chargeable one.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because I bought the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 and started using it around the same time and I feel like this improvement is also partly due to the Clinique lotion. However, when I use the cotton pad with the lotion I can see that it comes out significantly cleaner than it was before using Luna to wash my face, so the results are pretty obvious and pretty amazing to me.

on 2/19/2018 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great cleansing system and great product overall.

After years of using a Clarisonic, I found I was getting really tired of having to repurchase brush heads over and over. Also, I was getting really concerned about how clean the brush really was after using it for so many years (the base, not the actual head). I asked some of the salespeople in Sephora for their honest opinions of the Luna, and they all were loving it after switching from their Clarisonic.

It cleans very well (definitely less exfoliating than a Clarisonic, thought), works great with my gel cleanser as a second cleanse, and stays charged FOREVER. Perhaps best of all is that the silicone "bristles" stay bacteria-free, and the brand is cruelty-free overall.

PROS:
-bacteria-free bristles
-cruelty-free brand
-stays charged for months
-very easy to travel with
-effective at daily exfoliation
-no need to repurchase brush heads

CONS:
-price ($199)

Clarisonic is better than this! hard to handle this and doesn't feel like I am clean!
BAD!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I should have listened to the negative reviews before purchasing the Foreo Luna 2. I've used the Clarisonic for over 5 years and I guess I was getting "bored" of it even though it worked for me after so many years. What drew me to the Luna was the fact that I would never have to purchase replacement brush heads, it's compact, and SO much more hygienic than the clarisonic.
I purchased the purple one for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but I thought I'd be safe by using the more gentle one. My skin is combination/oily tzone. Upon first using it, I noticed my skin felt very clean and was not dry. After 2 days of use, I noticed a few pimples began emerging on my cheeks. I do get zits on occasion but my skin is mostly clear, so I didn't want to jump the gun and stop using it. I kept using it only once a day at night and noticed more pimples began appearing right after the older ones would heal. It's been 3 weeks now, and I'm beginning to get pimples on my nose (which is an area of my face that I NEVER get pimples). That's when I knew I couldn't use it anymore and it was wreaking havoc on my skin. I'm thinking it was aggravating my skin and causing the irritation. Too bad this didn't work for me and I just wasted all that money. Back to my good ole clarisonic

I am glad to hear I have not been the only one who has had problems with. I am a total skincare gadget junkie and absolutely had to have this! I really thought this was going to be great and had high expectations for it. I usually use a clarisonic and started using this instead. It did absolutely nothing to clear my skin, in fact it ended up breaking me out. Back to my clarisonic.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't like it...I have a clarisonic and it's ok, just feels a bit over-clean and the whole brush seems a bit unhygenic to just air dry so I thought this would be a good compromise. The vibrations feel nice but don't do jack for me to clean my skin. I used a foaming cleanser and an exfoliating cleanser, both of which got stuck in the little silicone nubs and left a weird film that was nearly impossible to clean.
I tried it for a week and was just unimpressed, seemed like a lot of hype but I don't see any improvement so I will stick with the Clarisonic.

on 5/14/2017 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was very excited about this product because i knew the clarisonic would be too harsh on my skin REGARDLESS of what all the youtubers say about it being so gentle. I believe i spent £90 on my foreo luna, feels nice and that is about it. This could be due to my personal skin type but it broke me out, whiteheads and cysts everywhere. I was confused considering it is SUPPOSED to be a gentle form of exfoliation and im sorry iv just never believed in purging, because what is the use of smooth skin with a face full of post inflammatory pigmentation.

The product broke me out, didn't do anything, didn't even clean makeup off my skin better than any other product.

I will add my skin only works well with chemical exfoliation, manual exfoliation just always seems to drive my skin nuts whether it be scrubs, derma rolling or THE FOREO LUNA.

I have to add this because i am not sure if it's because the product is trash or my skin is intollerable. It was just not worth what was spent and did nothing. This type of product can be found on ebay or amazon for about 5% of the price (minus the vibration). Don't waste your money on gimmicks

i bought mine in Paris 2-3 years ago then forgot about it (as I often do) - reading all these good reviews now, must go find it and give it another go

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Luna Mini 2 from Sephora. I've been using it since last year so I can safely say, for me, it's the best. There are a lot of reasons why I prefer the Luna over the Clarisonic. It's a more gentle exfoliation which I need to help prevent irritation and breakouts, it's more sanitary, it's 100% waterproof so it's cool to use in the shower, it only has to charge twice a year and I love that it's a one time purchase, no brush head replacements! It's just perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Luna Mini. It was originally $100 @ Ulta but I had $20 off in points. This is anti-bacterial, non-absorbent, gentle yet very deep cleansing. You charge it once every 6 months with no replaceable brush heads. I use it morning and night; morning on the low setting, night the high setting. It makes any face wash I use foam up well enough to feel like I'm actually cleaning my skin but not so much that it gets red and irritated (which my skin is very prone to do). I had the Clarisonic for a while and my face was always broken out, red and so sensitive to the touch. (That's with using it for 6 months straight day and night, changing out the brush head every 3 months on the dot, using the cashmere brush head and letting the head air dry separate from the Clarisonic after every use). The Foreo Luna is hands down so much better!!!!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools