Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Bar Soap

No Image

4.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I struggle with adult hormonal acne and sensitive skin. When it comes to products, I have tried everything I can think of (Cetaphil, CereVe, various salicylic acid soaps and spot treatments, natural oils, high to low end masks, African black soap, raw honey, Clinique acne system, Clarisonic, etc) and this is the only product that has made any kind of significant improvement to my overall skin health. I normally consider a product good if it doesn't make make my acne worse, but Dr Bronner's unscented bar soap has actually reduced the severity of my breakouts while leaving my skin clean but not overly dry. I definitely recommend using a good moisturizer following this soap, as, despite the number of moisturizing ingredients, it does leave the skin a bit stripped. You can find this soap at most supermarkets for less than $4. Even with twice daily use the bar lasted me about 6 weeks, so it's a great bargain. This soap of course is not a miracle, but if you have very sensitive, acne prone skin and are looking for a good cleanser be sure to give this a try.

on 6/22/2015 3:24:00 PM

I have been using dr bronner' soap for OVER A DECADE!!! I don't want to use any other facial wash,I'm using tea tree scent all the time but I also love in levender,baby mild, rose too,I love liquid and bar soap both but I'm using bar soap all the time cause it kind of last longer to liquid.

on 2/24/2014 6:57:00 PM

THE perfect soap: very mild, fragrance free, organic coconut oil, organic palm oil, fair trade, no sad bunnies.

I use this bar soap to wash my hands. I have tried the liquid version and the bar soap is less drying. I have a rare form of psoriasis on my hands and for years was dealing with constant flares, day in, day out. I researched soaps and came across pure castile soap, and decided to give Dr. Bronner's a try. I wanted to try a fragrance-free version and I was happy to see they have one.

I absolutely love this soap for hand washing! It lathers very well and seems gentle compared to all the fake soaps (detergents) out there on the market. The soap is rather expensive but knowing how Dr. Bronner's company uses Organic ingredients and is Fair-Trade certified, I can understand the cost.

I am very happy with Dr. Bronner's soaps. This Baby Mild version is just wonderful! I never use any other soap to wash my hands anymore. I do use the Tea Tree bar soap for showering, but that is the only other soap I use that touches my hands.

FYI when I use the restroom at other places than my home I use hand sanitizer (the alcohol kind) instead of using soap and water because it's just not practical to take a bar of soap with me everywhere I go.

I'd be afraid of the liquid soap spilling in my purse, hence I use the hand sanitizer instead.