Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer
Happy Light Matte Primer

2.4

on 12/29/2016 3:56:00 PM

I wanted to love this primer, but I feel like it didn't do anything. I cannot see how it mattifies at all. It does feel like and works as a regular primer, but is ineffective when compared to Becca Ever Matte. I had high hopes this would be a cheaper drug store option - save your money and skip this one.

on 5/2/2016 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this about a week ago to wear for work and boy what a difference it has made!

I usually work around 7-8 hours a day and it is mainly a desk job so I'm not doing any strenuous activity but by around the 4 hour mark my foundation will slide off from my oily skin.

I started using this primer along with the LOREAL 24 hour infallible matte foundation and the combination of the two works amazingly. I can work a whole shift and see no oil coming through my face! It stays in place all day! And no patchiness nothing!

I'm sad to hear this has really bad reviews but I suppose everyone is different! I am now starting to like it better (and it is working better) than the Benefit Porefessional and the infamous Nivea Aftershave Balm as I feel the Nivea product only works as an amazing primer if you have dry skin. I am comparing it to these two primers as they are the main ones I use on a daily basis.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Heard so many rave reviews about this product but it was just awful!! It did make my face look brighter under my makeup but was possibly one of the worst primers I've tried. My makeup lasted longer without primer than with this product. Disappointing.

on 4/30/2016 10:26:00 PM

This is horrible. The worst and most disappointing product i've ever bought in my life.
it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in fact it ruin my makeup. overall i'd give it -10/10.
As soon as i apply foundation or any other face product on top of this primer, it immediately starts to peel off. It's disgusting really.
Even when i apply the primer alone, it's still peeling off my skin!
I also don't like the way the primer sits on my face, it doesn't feel natural at all and i can feel that i have something on. and even after it has peeled off my face, the smell stays, so my face smells like shitty primer.
the smell of this primer isn't flattering either. i swear shame on Bourjois for producing such useless trash!!!

on 9/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

I am really surprised at the negative reviews of this product! I guess you really have to try things yourself to know.

I bought this on impulse as I have a couple of other primers that do help my makeup stay on longer but don't help with the oil issue.

I get oily on my forehead, chin and around my nose about 4 hours after I wash my face. My foundation will slip off if I touch my face and the appearance is very shiny.

This primer made a considerable difference. I've worn it under 2 different foundations and found I was significantly less oily by lunch time than I would normally be without it. Even by the end of the work day I only had a little bit of oil coming through on my forehead, not so much visibly but I could feel it when I brushed my fringe to the side (around the 8 hour mark).

I used this all over my face (3 pumps) the first day, which I found to be a little bit too dry on my cheeks where I don't get oily. After that I have used 1 pump just on my forehead, chin and sides of my nose which was much better.

This feels 'grippy' when you apply it - it's not like a silicon primer - but if you have truly oily skin you know that silicon primers are THE WORST, even though they look great at first, as soon as the oil starts coming through, the silicon primer makes everything slide around! This primer really feels like it's going to hold things in place, and it does. Despite that 'grippy' feeling I had no trouble blending out foundation over it (I've used the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and L'oreal True Match over it).

If you have oily skin and you're having trouble with a primer I'd recommend trying it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sad to see people don't like this product, because it has actually become a holy grail of mine. It was a complete impulse buy, so I didn't expect much from it (I usually research all my purchases), but I was pleasantly surprised by this.

I have combination skin, that has been on the dryer side this Winter, but still a fairly oily t-zone. I'd say I'm mostly dehydrated though, so finding a good primer and foundation is always difficult. This however, has been working very well for me - even with different foundations.

It doesn't give you that perfectly smooth surface that a silicone-based primer does, and as far as I can tell there's no magic pore-hiding element. Those are not problems I have though, so it works for me.

It's very light on the skin, and while it leaves the skin matte, it's not TOO matte or dry.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that the glass bottle is very thick, so you think you have more product left than you actually have. The bottle is rather small, so you go through it pretty quickly if you use a primer every day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I believe this is the primer you're looking for if your skins is only slightly oily but if your face is suuuuuuper oily (like mine) this does not work! Doesn't even make my face matte to begin with never mind after having foundation on throughout the day. Would not re purchase. :(

on 12/22/2014 5:44:00 PM

I am scoring this low because I am not sure of the purpose of this product. I can't use it under my foundation, as it makes it roll off and applies patchy. There is no smooth feel to it the way you would expect from a primer. The only time I don't mind wearing it is on my day off, when i I don't wear foundation; I apply it over the moisturiser and I find my face stays matt for most of the day. As this is not the purpose I bought it for, I can't score it any higher.

on 10/11/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

bought this with high hopes and was so disappointed. It didn't control my oil and made my foundation patchy and uneven. definitely will not be re purchasing

on 9/27/2014 7:38:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as got it for $20 here in Australia, so it is bit pricey considering its only 15ml.
I use 2 pumps of it, it feels great, blends well & dries quick but unfortunately when I applied my foundation it made it go patchy especially on my forehead and cheeks and also exaggerated my dry spots so I don't recommend this for combinational skin. Also throughout the day didnít control my oil at all.
I'll keep trying it out when my skin is oiler (during summer) and do an updated review but for now donít like it.