Vidal Sassoon Mega Firm Hold Gel

1) Up to 24 hours of hold: False
2) Locks out frizz: True
3) Smooths hair: N/A

Packaging:
Red opaque squeeze tube with a flip cap and small opening to dispense product. Gel stands on its cap, which makes it easy to store and keeps product at the opening. Easy to control how much product is dispensed. Ingredients listed in large font at the bottom of the tube as well. The plastic is very soft.

Formula:
Labeled as a very strong hold gel. Has a strong fragrance, which to me smells exactly like stereotypical hairspray fragrance. I absolutely despise the fragrance, and it seems to get stronger the more the product is used/the longer the product is in the tube. Clear formula, on the thick side with no stickiness.

Performance:
This gel simply does not work for my hair. I use gel to define my curls and for hold, and this product provides neither for me. The biggest failure is in definition, as when I use it I get, at most, some waves and lazy curls. I guess once any crunchiness is scrunched out it can keep that waviness held, but it doesn't produce long-lasting hold that would withstand being slept on (with hair placed over the pillow). The lack of hold and definition seems to be due to the product simply not sticking to my hair. When I scrunch it in, whether on naked hair or after applying a leave-in, the product just... stays on my hands. I'm not sure why that is, although it could be the PVP. A lot is needed just to get some of it to stick, which is a huge waste of product and does nothing for definition/hold. The only positives that I get from this gel are that it is easy to remove with just water without causing build-up, it doesn't dry out my hair, and it can leave my hair pretty shiny. I think that this gel would be best used to help revive curls the next day or on dry hair to help with any frizz or pieces of hair that are not cooperating. The fragrance is possibly the biggest drawback, though. It is SO strong that I've had to wash it out immediately after use before, and I don't usually have any big issues with strongly-fragranced items. The fragrance is worse when worked into the hair as well.

Bang for your Buck:
I usually find this gel for around $6-7CAD, sometimes it is on sale. It has 247grams or 8.71oz of product. It seems to be on par with other products for price and quantity when looking at drug-store offerings.

Final Consensus:
For my needs, this is a poor gel. Doesn't provide any style benefits, although it didn't negatively affect the condition of my hair. It would be worth checking out if on the lookout for a new gel and if found on sale, but I would not personally recommend it to others.
* Overall Rating: 2/5