L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Color Riche Lip Color (All Shades)

L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Color Riche Lip Color (All Shades)

Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Styrene/Methyl Styrene/Indene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Magnesium Silicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Nelumbium Speciosum Extract / Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Parfum / Fragrance. [ /- MAY CONTAIN] ●CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE ● MICA ● CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE● CI 77491 ● CI 77492 ● CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES ● CI 15850 / RED 7● CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE ● CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE ● CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE ● CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ● CI 15850 / RED 7 LAKE

on 8/3/2017 2:38:00 PM

I own 103 Blushing Harmony and I love the formula, color pay off, comfort, hydration, color, and feel of this liquid lipstick/color/gloss/whatever this is. I actually got this in a Target box, and later found out that people are saying these are dupes for the YSL Glossy Stains - I can safely say they are NOT dupes.

Packaging is similar but it's not as classy and pretty as the YSL (which make sense). I like the look/shape/size of these though, and it's got a satisfying click when it closes. I also like that since it's got a square tube, I appreciate the cap snapping close aligned correctly. I own products where the tube is square, but the cap would twist on crooked/not aligned - but if you try to align it, the tube is partially open -_-;; There's a little window at the front of the tube similar to the YSL glossy stains - however the color is actually plastic not an actual clear window into the product (which is what YSL got). However the color seems quite accurate for this particular shade. I do like that like most drugstore lipcolors, this also have a sticker the same color as the shade on TOP of the tube so it's easy for me to tell what I picked up.

the applicator is relatively large teardrop shape with a hole in the middle (Edit: previously I said the applicator is dissimilar to the YSL, but I actually take it back, they're pretty similar). I do like this (as I like the Lancôme gloss applicators) as it gets a good amount of product without being overly goopy. I'm so glad we're past the days of the tiny tiny hard doefoot that gets no product and you have redip 50 times, and when it does get product, it distributes and spread unevenly!!! The applicator itself is this dark gray though, which somehow makes me think it's dirty when it's not. Wish it's not that color...

the color Blushing Harmony is a lovely warm neutral rose nude, really flattering on most skin tone. on my NC20-25 Asian skintone, it shows up as a medium rose nude (a bit deeper than a real nude for me). It's very much a MLBB shade. The formula spreads evenly, good pigmentation, and is incredibly comfortable. it's got a cushy kind of feel but not sticky and does not get on my teeth super easily thankfully. It does transfer, but lasts really long time, and is very glossy. It have a very very faint fruity/sweet scent to it, similar to YSL lip products but I think a little less mango-y. I actually really like the scent, but you have to shove it right up to your nose to smell it, and once applied the scent goes away, so it shouldn't bother anyone.

THE ONLY CON about this product is that it seems to leave a somewhat thick layer of color behind. I think this is why it's so comfortable as well as so long lasting even after the shine's gone. it's not that easy to remove either with just tissue - you have to either use a mu remover, or in my case, I keep scraping it off with my teeth (which then I end up eating and the crumbly bits gets all over my teeth/mouth). Because it's hard to remove, if in the middle of the day I want to remove completely and start with a new coat, I have to scrape off with my teeth or my nails with tissue, and it's a bit uneven and kind of hurts my lips. Unfortunately it is a pretty thick feeling layer so I always feel it. I would say this is my only con with this product, and because I hate that feeling so much (and the mid day removal process), i'm a little wary of purchasing other colors/repurchase if I use this up.

In terms of duping YSL Glossy Stains - the finish on these looks a bit more creamy than gel-ly. The glossy stains, I find, have a thinner base so I don't get that " i want to scrape it off with my teeth" situation. Whereas this leaves a thick layer of color but doesn't actually stain my lips, the glossy stains actually stains my lips properly with pigmentation. The glossy stains also have a higher shine that definitely looks more like a plushy glossy gel over my lips that lasts a really long time, whereas these looks more like I put on pigmented cream-finish glosses. I don't need to reapply the glossy stains very often throughout the day (maybe 2 times throughout the day, including through coffee, breakfast, and lunch and more tea and coffee), and when I do, I can layer over without ever feeling like product is built up or caked up. Unfortunately as I mentioned before, these leaves a thick residue that does gunk up a little, so it's not as re-application friendly.

Overall the price is pretty good and the one color I have really is pretty. I like everything about it except for the residue. I wouldn't say these dupe YSL Glossy Stains at all, outside of some superficial packaging stuff, as the formula and finish are just too different.

on 4/16/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a gorgeous lipstick/lip gloss together product. I had never used a lip product before that smoothed out the fine lines in my lips like this one. It makes my lips look smooth, plump and hydrated. I would call it an anti aging effect.

This is super glossy, pigmented, hydrating and smoothing. I don't like to draw too much attention to my lips so I just dab this on instead of applying it full on. Used this way it still smoothes a bit, hydrates and adds a bit of a sheen. The smell is not offensive either.

If you are a fan of a glossy finish I would absolutely reccomend this.

on 2/7/2017 7:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with Avince.

I'm 30 with dry lips and pale skin with yellow to neutral undertones. I bought Ruby Opera (304) and Rouge Allegro (303), hoping for reds I could mix with something else and also hoping Ruby Opera would be a crimson with some layering, based on internet reviews.

I'm someone who repeatedly buys and then gives up on lip products that appear neutral to blue undertone/ second-or-third-darkest-red lip products hoping, hoping upon application I'll get a for a true crimson, deep red, or something a little bordeaux wine-y, and all the online pics of swatches made me think Ruby Opera would hit the mark.

I tried Ruby Opera first, and....NOPE. That was the darkest red in the collection and it comes out the same very unattractive, cherry, tacky shade of pinky red I'm tired of finding. So be aware, all, as usual, this is much, much lighter on skin and in person than in the bottle and perhaps even online. I'm pretty unhappy. If you like that shade, go for it, but honestly, it's SO bright a pink-red and has odd hunks of glitter here and there...there are better selections for that color range.

If you like bright pink cool reds, Ruby Opera is your color. I want something richer.

This was also so tacky and sticky and settled into my lip lips, I couldn't imagine wanting to wear this more than an hour.

Very disappointed in L'Oreal.

on 7/19/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recently purchased the shade Samaritaine Beige, and have been in adoration over this lip product. The formula is moisturizing, but has a beautiful matte finish nonetheless. I love applying this product over a lipliner as I feel this makes for the best look. The only thing I dislike is the liquid lipstick's tendency to transfer.

I bought this color in coral encore and the coloring is nice but doesn't stay long and is a sticky wear

on 5/27/2016 9:23:00 AM

Ruby Opera color: Sticky, streaky, hard-to-spread mess that still peeled off immediately. Hard pass. I won't be revisiting this formula.

on 3/24/2016 7:03:00 PM

Bought these in a BOGO 50% off in Rouge Allegro, Ruby Opera and Plum Adagio. They're a cross between a liquid lipstick (as one reviewer called them) and lip gloss. Rouge Allegro is red and pink, but leans toward red. Beautiful color and fun-bright and great for summer. Love it! Plum Adagio is a gorgeous dark plum color-very elegant and vampy/sexy. Not my usual thing, but once I put it on I can see how it would be a show stopper at night and I'm definitely going to keep using it. Ruby Opera is a darker red. Really bold, but a bit too dark for me, so I lighten it a bit by blotting and it leaves a nice stain. I'd recommend these!

on 12/21/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found these on clearance at Target for $3.88!!
I wasn't particularly interested in these because I prefer full color satin lip colors, but the price was so great that I thought "why not try them out?"
I purchased Rose Symphony and Coral Encore. These were the only ones that were unopened. They look quite similar on the lips, but Coral Encore is just a touch more peachy/coral.
Overall, I think these are beautiful. I haven't been so impressed by a lip color in such a long time. The two I purchased are the lighter colors in the line, so they are quite a sheer wash of color. But something about the way they apply make me look so healthy and awake.
They make my lips soft and juicy without being overly glossy.
They are also incredibly easy to apply. I simply swipe on, rub my lips together, and pat away any of the excess product. This technique leaves me with nice rosy healthy looking lips.
If you find these on sale, I highly recommend that you try them out.
They even impressed the matte-lip-fanatic that I am!!
I want to buy more colors, but I'll wait for a sale again. Who doesn't love a great price right?? :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought Nude Ballet, i didn't realize they were not safety sealed in stores; my lipstick I got from drugstore .com was completely sealed not just some flimsy sticker but entire thing was shrink wrapped w clear cellophane. I had to use a knife to remove. I had to wait 48 hours only to receive it free shipping + bonus no germy people test the tubes! I hate it when makeup gets tested by the public (it is disgusting!). Nude Ballet was the lippie that Kim K wore to her wedding reception so that was a big motivator for me to buy/try these. They are kind of expensive for DS items if Kim K hadn't worn i would not have gotten it tbh.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

You know, I find these very comparable to Maybelline's Color Elixirs line (which I love). However the biggest difference is Loreal has even more pigment and no shimmer in these shades. That is a huge plus in my book. HOWEVER........ Loreal really doesn't offer many pale-friendly shades in this line. Which is a shame because if they did, I'd be buying them.

So I bought the shade Rose Melody as it's the lightest. I'd describe it as a light-medium warm pink. I'd describe these "lip glosses" more as a pigmented balm. They even pass my chapstick test. This means I can apply them overnight and wake up to buttery smooth lips with gloss still intact. Watery, less balmy formulas typically end up on my pillow. And drying formulas often leave me with dreaded granny lips.

Side-note: I did buy Nude Ballet. However I returned it after applying it and seeing that the color is medium brown.

If Loreal would just offer a few lighter shades, I'd bump this review up to 5 lippies.

Popular Lip Glosses