Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
Ceramidin Cream

4.2

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetearyl Alcohol,1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Vegetable Oil, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethiconol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Soluble Collagen, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, C12-16 Alcohols, Ceramide 3, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate, Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Stearate,Peg-100 Stearate, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Palmitic Acid, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polysorbate 60, Caramel, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Folic Acid, Acetic Acid, Cholesterol, Raffinose, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Tromethamine, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4

Love this stuff. I usually use it on top of a serum (when I remember to) and it feels very light and sinks into the skin fast, but still makes my skin feel more moisturized. I use a lot of different products so I can't really tell you specifically how much difference this one makes, but I'm convinced that it does.

(Oh, and I bought my full-size one on the Weekly Wow at Sephora some months ago, so keep an eye out for sales!)

on 11/24/2018 4:25:00 AM

I got some generous samples of the entire Ceramidin line when I was shopping in Korea, and I’ve finally had a chance to try them this week. I am really impressed and will definitely purchase the full size cream. I was away for a week in the north part of Japan, where the climate is much colder and drier, and this cream was really hydrating for my oily combination mature skin. I’ve used it both day and night, and I prefer using it in the daytime, especially if I have to brave cold winds during the day. My skin looked plump and radiant, not greasy at all, and my foundation (reformulated Koh Gen Do Aqua) sat really nicely on top of this for 8 hours. There are no discernible fragrances, which is a big plus in my book. The texture seem really thick, but it blends and absorbs really well.

on 10/22/2018 3:55:00 PM

Love this cream, it looks very thick but actually goes on very smooth and feels light, I use it as a daytime moisturiser.

I have combo skin and was suffering from dehydration (papery, dry forehead, scaly areas around cheeks) due to using tretinoin.

I was looking for a product with ceramides to plump my skin back up, first tried Cerave but it clogged my pores and I would NOT say that Cerave is a dupe for this product (although if you're looking for something similar for your body Cerave is great!). This product was more expensive but didn't give me closed comedones, the texture is also a lot smoother. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it has already improved my skin texture, definitely recommend if you are struggling with dehydrated skin!

For those with dry or mature skin you may not find this moisturising enough on its own but its great for the ceramides & wears well over serums and under makeup. I use it with a serum & sometimes layer it on my dry areas to get the hydration I need.

If I could I would give it a 4.5, taking off some points just because if it were slightly more moisturising that would make it a 5/5 product for me. Still great product though and I will definitely repurchase.

on 10/4/2018 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My skin gets dry, especially in our dry winters in Canada, plus i use retin A regularly.. this product works well, it feels comforting on my skin, without being greasy or sitting on top of my skin..
Now, I am not sure it is super moisturizing, as I have used products that seem to be more hydrating on my skin !? So I don't know, it is a good one, but I am not 100% comvinced it is as hydrating as they say it is!!? It is nice, it feels nice, nothing real bad I can say about it.

on 10/2/2018 7:07:00 AM

I have bought Dr Jart+ cream after having read so many good reviews. I have combination skin and my chin and nose are more towards the oily, but the reviews were ok for combination skin. Unfortunately, Having tested this cream for around 4 months now I have found that after use I have regularly breakouts on my chin, nasty spots they are too! Would I recommend Dr Jart+ cream to anyone with combination skin? The answer is a definitive NO.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons
- Packaging. I'm not usually one to care about packaging, but this design/tube did not appeal to me. It wasn't a major problem and, had I liked the product itself, would have easily overlooked
- It also doesn't seem to me that you get very much product... I don't think this would last me a whole month. I felt like I had to use more of the product than I usually would
- Did not provide enough hydration for me , unfortunately. After a while, I paired this with my other, more hydrating moisturizers, to see if I'd like it better than. But no point in using two moisturizers, which is why I didn't continue using this one
- DIdn't feel particularly "good" on the skin because I like/am used to more emollient, hydrating night time moisturizers
- When I tried using it in my morning routine, my makeup did not sit well with this product
- Did not see any benefit to my skin

Pros
- Did not irritate my sensitive skin
- Came highly recommended by a person with dry skin (which i tend to be), but I did not find it hydrating. I would deter dry-skinned people from this product, but evidently other dry-skinned people liked it. So it's worth trying (but keep the receipt!)

Overall
-Would NOT repurchase

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this on a trip to northern Europe – at the wrong time of the year, hoping it wouldn’t be too heavy for my face (I’d dabbed a pearl size amount on the back of my hand before and it seemed to absorb ok). Normally when I’m abroad in cooler climates my skin takes on a more ‘normal’ feel and appearance I can become a bit more daring in regards to what I use!

The cream itself seemed quite light which was strange as it sat heavy on my face, not really absorbing or doing anything. I let it sink in overnight (which it eventually did) but I certainly wouldn’t want to use this during the day as it would create a barrier and not allow me to apply SPF which I’m quite religious about applying, even in colder climates or during winter season.

I did like the fragrance a lot, reminded me of a perfume which I can't quite put my finger on, and the fact that it didn’t clog my pores at all – despite the silicones and the Glyceryl Stearate SE (I was fearing the worst!) but overall unfortunately this was too heavy for me. Eventually used what was left of the tube on my elbows and as a hand cream – for which it worked excellently!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cream is a godsend for anyone who has dry/sensitive skin!

I kept seeing it online for the past few months and don't regret giving it a go purely based on reviews that kept circulating on the Internet. This formula really is amazing for someone, who experiences a lot of dryness/flakes/patches and such. I feel like it even plumps my skin and keeps it so much softer/hydrated than anything else I have used before. Saved me during my recent long-haul flights too!

Plus it is a green product. There are no nasties in it, such as parabens. I give more tips on how to use it in a separate review here, for those of you who want more details, (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/06/23/NewSummerBeautyFavourites) other than that - a brilliant product from Dr.Jart!

Love the scent. Feels good going on but didn’t moisturize enough and broke me out. Tried alone for a week then second week on top of the liquid.

on 3/31/2018 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an excellent cream that is lightweight, but healing. There is no fragrance but it has the most amazing light natural scent. The smooth Jones’s and clarity of my skin improved over a couple of weeks.

Despite the tube, this is not a heavy cream and it will not be enough for super dry skin. My skin was rough and dry and although this improved my skin over time, I was still too dry before I added another cream on top (I use and love Tula hydrating cream on top, followed by a layer of argan oil). Even this with a layer of oil on top was not enough to moisturize my dry skin. I would say this seems like a healing treatment. But, I have really dry skin. For 99% of the population, this would be plenty without being too much for oily skin.

I am super clog prone and this did not clog my pores- if anything it helped.

Basically, this feels so nice and soothing on irritated or damaged skin. Worth a try for anything skin type I think.