Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream

4.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetearyl Alcohol,1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Vegetable Oil, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethiconol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Soluble Collagen, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, C12-16 Alcohols, Ceramide 3, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate, Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Stearate,Peg-100 Stearate, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Palmitic Acid, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polysorbate 60, Caramel, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Folic Acid, Acetic Acid, Cholesterol, Raffinose, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Tromethamine, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this on a trip to northern Europe – at the wrong time of the year, hoping it wouldn’t be too heavy for my face (I’d dabbed a pearl size amount on the back of my hand before and it seemed to absorb ok). Normally when I’m abroad in cooler climates my skin takes on a more ‘normal’ feel and appearance I can become a bit more daring in regards to what I use!

The cream itself seemed quite light which was strange as it sat heavy on my face, not really absorbing or doing anything. I let it sink in overnight (which it eventually did) but I certainly wouldn’t want to use this during the day as it would create a barrier and not allow me to apply SPF which I’m quite religious about applying, even in colder climates or during winter season.

I did like the fragrance a lot, reminded me of a perfume which I can't quite put my finger on, and the fact that it didn’t clog my pores at all – despite the silicones and the Glyceryl Stearate SE (I was fearing the worst!) but overall unfortunately this was too heavy for me. Eventually used what was left of the tube on my elbows and as a hand cream – for which it worked excellently!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cream is a godsend for anyone who has dry/sensitive skin!

I kept seeing it online for the past few months and don't regret giving it a go purely based on reviews that kept circulating on the Internet. This formula really is amazing for someone, who experiences a lot of dryness/flakes/patches and such. I feel like it even plumps my skin and keeps it so much softer/hydrated than anything else I have used before. Saved me during my recent long-haul flights too!

Plus it is a green product. There are no nasties in it, such as parabens. I give more tips on how to use it in a separate review here, for those of you who want more details, (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/06/23/NewSummerBeautyFavourites) other than that - a brilliant product from Dr.Jart!

Love the scent. Feels good going on but didn’t moisturize enough and broke me out. Tried alone for a week then second week on top of the liquid.

on 3/31/2018 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an excellent cream that is lightweight, but healing. There is no fragrance but it has the most amazing light natural scent. The smooth Jones’s and clarity of my skin improved over a couple of weeks.

Despite the tube, this is not a heavy cream and it will not be enough for super dry skin. My skin was rough and dry and although this improved my skin over time, I was still too dry before I added another cream on top (I use and love Tula hydrating cream on top, followed by a layer of argan oil). Even this with a layer of oil on top was not enough to moisturize my dry skin. I would say this seems like a healing treatment. But, I have really dry skin. For 99% of the population, this would be plenty without being too much for oily skin.

I am super clog prone and this did not clog my pores- if anything it helped.

Basically, this feels so nice and soothing on irritated or damaged skin. Worth a try for anything skin type I think.

on 3/2/2018 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cream is amazing. Got this after hearing StephanieNicole on youtube rave about it. It's the only moisturizer I've tried that is enough for my dry skin during the winter. Not only that, it does an amazing job combating my dry patches. It sinks into the skin really nicely but it is on the thicker side in consistency, so if you don't like that you probably won't like this.

Not a huge fan of the packaging but it's something I can overlook due to the good performance. It's pricey but so worth it. Definitely would recommend.

on 2/1/2018 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this during the day after doing strong acids/retinol at night. This helps combat the dryness and flakiness and leaves my skin very soft. I love that it is a very simple yet effective moisturiser without any unnecessary ingredients. I use a separate SPF on top and I'm good to go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

*I really wish I could love this! It was a perfect moisturiser for my skin; it moisturised deeply, reduced texture and reduced redness drastically. But unfortunately, it had been breaking me out quite terribly - I didn't want to believe it was this moisturiser, and I would put the blame on another product. But after cutting those products out, and using only this moisturiser for a week, this was the angel-facade product which was breaking me out. If you do have acne-prone skin, I highly suggest that you try out the liquid version from this range; it is much more lightweight, whilst having the moisturising benefits of the cream and should not break you out!*

This moisturiser is pretty much extraordinary for anyone who possess a dry to normal skin type - and is even great for oily skin. It moisturises plentifully without the inevitable greasy residue which a lot of 'heavier' moisturisers leave. If you do have acne-prone skin, I would suggest for you to give this a try at your own risk - it can potentially make you break out as it does contain some certain ingredients which may clog pores for certain people. Nonetheless, this moisturiser also seemed to reduce redness drastically, and soothed my skin! It had also reduced rough texture drastically after a week. It does have a slight scent, which I personally believe is pleasant.

Furthermore, individually I find the packaging of this sublime product to be beautiful. It has a 'medical' vibe to it, which I personally adore; it is also sanitary as it is in a metal squeeze-tube rather than the generic tub which a plethora of moisturisers unfortunately come in.

Ultimately, I find this moisturiser to be a perfect moisturiser which has a lot of benefits to my skin, but unfortunately it breaks me out - which breaks my heart likewise with my broken-out skin. I did donate this to my mother, and she has fallen in love with this after one use, and is now ditching the moisturiser she had used for years and replacing it with this!

on 12/13/2017 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After using this cream for a while, I'm very happy with it. I live in an area with pretty brutal winters, and my skin (which is already testy under even the most ideal circumstances) tends to freak out: dull, red, a few flaky patches around my nose, etc. I also get the occasional hormonal/endlessly frustrating cystic pimple, so I didn't want anything that might encourage more breakouts. I like this cream for a number of reasons. First, it comes in a tube instead of a jar, which I prefer for hygiene reasons (there is also a handy key to help squeeze every last drop out of the tube, but I managed to accidentally throw mine out, so I've just been rolling the metal tube down.) Secondly, it absorbs really nicely into my skin, and I can feel the calming/moisturizing happen. Maybe that's dramatic, but it definitely feels good on the skin, noticeably so. I only use this at night (I use a moisturizing oil and a separate spf in the morning), but I wake up with plump and much fresher looking skin. It has definitely helped with my skin's texture and kept it calmer this winter. I do still apply either Aquaphor or the German Nivea in the little tin to the tip of my nose/nostrils, but that's about it. I also like the slightly herbal/medicinal smell, although I will say the color caught me off guard the first time I squeezed any out. You really only need about a pea sized amount for your face, a little goes a long way. I've only used this in the winter, so I'm not sure how it will transition into the warmer months, but I will amend this review once I test it out.

on 11/6/2017 5:52:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this when I used some of my Sephora points last month... I used that up in about 5 weeks and immediately purchased the full size. I'm 48 yo, combo skin that's becoming dehydrated with age, no acne, no acne marks, and no major wrinkles yet.. I normally flip back and forth between products from Aveeno's restorative line, Boots no7, or Cera Ve, along with vitamin c serum and rosehip oil.. I used the Dr. Jart Ceramide cream at night, after cleansing, toning, and serums, and then drenched my face in several sprays of rosewater and glycerin(Heritage brand). I did this for 5 weeks, and didn't use any other creams at night, and really saw a difference in overall clarity, smoothness, and plumpness.. I will purchase again and keep it in rotation with my Aveeno until I use up my Aveeno restorative night cream, and may alternate the 2 because the Dr. Jart is so pricey. I think the two alternated every other night will be a good combo.. definitely recommend!

on 9/23/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am on my second tube of this moisturizer which is effective and non-clogging. It is very travel friendly, too. There is no strong fragrance. I use it on my hands and neck on flights. It does not interfere with foundation. Hydration lasts all day. Does not sting my eyes.