4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I've purchased this twice now, and it really saves my skin in the winter in my dry climate. I can see it being too heavy for some, but if you ever get dry patches or flakiness this can be a lifesaver. I don't know if it's just a side effect of being properly moisturized, but I have seen a reduction in redness on my cheeks. It can be pricy, so definitely shop around to compare prices, but a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

9 months ago

I really like this moisturiser. I find that it moisturisers and helps to keeps my skin in good condition. It doesn't break me out either. I do use other hydrating products along with this but find that this is great for my last step. My skin is dehydrated and can be sensitive but this doesn't irritate whatsoever. I actually began using after over exfoliating and wanted to repair my skin barrier. This helped a lot so I have continued to use it and always will probably.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

9 months ago

This was disappointing. This has nearly 5/5 star rating on Sephora.com, with reviews calming this to be "holy grail" and "life saver". First off, this is very very moisturizing, but it's very heavy in fragrance and smells like Chanel N5 with lavender oil. This was very irritating for my sensitive sin. My face felt burned after an hour application and I had a horrible reaction to this product. My face was beaming red and as the day went by, my face was really greasy. The following morning, I woke up with a lot of whiteheads all over my cheeks and forehead. If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin: please: this is not for us!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

a year ago

First, I love that it comes in a tube! I hate it when a cream comes in a jar packaging. I use it as night cream as it can feels quite heavy & thick. But I love how it creates a thin film, so it assures me that this cream protect & keep all the moisture from evaporating. This cream is quite pricey but considering the size, I won't complain.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

To really put this to the test I packed and took this with me on a trip to northern Europe recently - in the midst of a cold spell, hoping it wouldn’t be too heavy for my face (I’d dabbed a pearl size amount on the back of my hand before and it seemed to absorb ok). Reason being: normally when I’m abroad in cooler climates my skin takes on a more ‘normal’ feel and appearance I can become a bit more daring in regards to what I use! Also if it's significantly cold (less than 30 F) I tend to get chapped skin around my nose and sometimes upper lip area too. Having read how well this works on dry and chapped skin I was super eager to put it to the test.. So the cream itself seemed quite light which was strange as it sat heavy on my face in general, not really absorbing or doing anything, and this is despite me using it very sparingly. Around my nose however where the chapping had predictably appeared by day 2 of my trip, it seemed to sink in better and it did help keep the skin there better hydrated and calmer/less flaky. Back to the rest of my face... I let it sink in overnight (which it eventually did) but I certainly wouldn’t want to use this during the day as it would create a barrier and not allow me to apply SPF which I’m quite religious about applying, even in colder climates or during winter season.  I do like the fragrance a lot, reminds me of a perfume which I can't quite put my finger on, and the fact that it doesn’t clog my pores at all – despite the silicones and the Glyceryl Stearate SE (I was fearing the worst!). A big dislike has to be the packaging. It's a metal tube and it's really tricky to squeeze out the product, also the white/yellow outer layer of the tube disintegrates over time and I find getting the bits of it off my hand a nightmare! Overall, other than my nose, or any other chapped area which drink this straight up, it's unfortunately far too heavy for my face in general, even as a night cream. Especially after a hot shower my face can feel dehydrated and tight, but instead of balancing it tips the scales from no moisture to too much of it, at least for my skin. Using what's left of the tube on my elbows and as a hand cream – for which it works perfectly!  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

i've been using this cream for a couple of months now, when it started getting cold. This cream is wonderful on my skin during harsh weather. It moisturises well, makes my skin plump and is a great base for makeup. It hasn't broken out my acne-prone skin and doesn't make my skin over-produce oil. The price is great, it doesn't have overpowering fragrance, and it makes my skin look great. I'm not sure how this will be on my skin during the warm summer months when my skin tends lean towards being oilier. I may have switch this up to a lighter cream between April and September. Other than that, I'll repurchase again.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

a year ago

Love this stuff. I usually use it on top of a serum (when I remember to) and it feels very light and sinks into the skin fast, but still makes my skin feel more moisturized. I use a lot of different products so I can't really tell you specifically how much difference this one makes, but I'm convinced that it does. (Oh, and I bought my full-size one on the Weekly Wow at Sephora some months ago, so keep an eye out for sales!)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGray

a year ago

I got some generous samples of the entire Ceramidin line when I was shopping in Korea, and I’ve finally had a chance to try them this week. I am really impressed and will definitely purchase the full size cream. I was away for a week in the north part of Japan, where the climate is much colder and drier, and this cream was really hydrating for my oily combination mature skin. I’ve used it both day and night, and I prefer using it in the daytime, especially if I have to brave cold winds during the day. My skin looked plump and radiant, not greasy at all, and my foundation (reformulated Koh Gen Do Aqua) sat really nicely on top of this for 8 hours. There are no discernible fragrances, which is a big plus in my book. The texture seem really thick, but it blends and absorbs really well.

About reviewer (882 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

a year ago

Love this cream, it looks very thick but actually goes on very smooth and feels light, I use it as a daytime moisturiser. I have combo skin and was suffering from dehydration (papery, dry forehead, scaly areas around cheeks) due to using tretinoin. I was looking for a product with ceramides to plump my skin back up, first tried Cerave but it clogged my pores and I would NOT say that Cerave is a dupe for this product (although if you're looking for something similar for your body Cerave is great!). This product was more expensive but didn't give me closed comedones, the texture is also a lot smoother. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it has already improved my skin texture, definitely recommend if you are struggling with dehydrated skin! For those with dry or mature skin you may not find this moisturising enough on its own but its great for the ceramides & wears well over serums and under makeup. I use it with a serum & sometimes layer it on my dry areas to get the hydration I need. If I could I would give it a 4.5, taking off some points just because if it were slightly more moisturising that would make it a 5/5 product for me. Still great product though and I will definitely repurchase. UPDATE: Just wanted to edit that my skin has bounced from the tretinoin and I'm finding a single layer of this on its own is in fact moisturising enough on its own. So it really just depends on the state of your skin - I'm still using tretinoin daily and I think this really helped my skins texture get back to normal.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

a year ago

My skin gets dry, especially in our dry winters in Canada, plus i use retin A regularly.. this product works well, it feels comforting on my skin, without being greasy or sitting on top of my skin.. Now, I am not sure it is super moisturizing, as I have used products that seem to be more hydrating on my skin !? So I don't know, it is a good one, but I am not 100% comvinced it is as hydrating as they say it is!!? It is nice, it feels nice, nothing real bad I can say about it.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

Age56 & Over