Mally Beauty Ultimate Performance Professional Foundation

No Image

4.1

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I have pale neutral/cool skin; I wear the lightest shade of foundation in almost all brands, like the ones labeled as 'Ivory' or 'Porcelain'. I naturally ordered Fair in this foundation, but find it a bit too dark for something labeled as being 'fair'. However this foundation has a watery formula, so it is very easy to blend into the skin until I'm happy with the shade. Another issue for me is that the base for the shade looks very yellow, and since the shade is meant for everyone with fair skin I expected a more neutral base - and I mean "very yellow" in that my skin will be left with a noticeable yellow cast to it, if I'm not careful with blending.

As the formula is lightweight and watery it feels lovely on my dry skin, and doesn't empathize dry patches or settle in lines & pores. I'd call the formula a light coverage one, but it is very easy to build it up all the way to full coverage, and there's no caking when I do build it up for extra coverage. The wear time is excellent; I'll apply this in the morning, and it'll still look perfect in the evening when I remove it - and I don't feel the need to set it to improve wear time.

When Mally was on QVC UK recently she described this foundation as containing light reflecting particles, that burst when being heated when on the skin. Any light reflecting particles it contains are invisible to my eye, unlike with the Revlon Photoready foundation which I used to adore, so that's another plus point in Ultimate Performance's favour.

Overall; I will continue to use this as I like the 'no makeup' sensation of it on my skin, and the fact that it doesn't enhance my dry skin is a huge plus for me, but I won't be rebuying this as the shade selection is poor for the price point [just five shades]; I just think that this foundation is too expensive for a "oh well, I guess it'll do" colour match, that means I have to spend a bit longer working into my skin, when I can go to Boots or Selfridge's and have a SA colour-match me to a higher end foundation for a similar price.

I want to love this, and if Mally introduced more universal bases for the shades then I probably would try it again, as the formula is top-notch.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a radiant kind of foundation but good smooth coverage. This stuff is very liquidy, only has light to medium coverage, smells strange, contains alcohol & oil, and makes my skin look old. It clings to dry patches wrinkles, makes pores look bigger, looks uneven in places, and is too shiny. Its overpriced too. I returned it.

I love this foundation. It goes so smoothly on me and doesn't enhance my pores or dry areas. It is not too light to where I have to add another layer or too heavy. For me, it is perfect and will definitely purchase a darker shade for the summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

way overpriced... such light coverage. a very misleading name. it makes your pores look huge. the only thing is, it lasts very long.

on 10/26/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this. It isn't quite full coverage, which is alright, because it looks much more natural and dewy than a true full coverage, but I still get pretty good coverage. It stays true to color on me all day and doesn't settle in my wrinkles or dry patches. I'm 42 and use retin-a, so I can get a bit peely. The color is a perfect match for me, and the finish is fresh and dewy without looking oily and splotchy. My new favorite!

on 8/10/2015 8:01:00 AM

I tried this on a whim. I am very pleased with the texture and how easy it glides on. Doesn't turn color on me nor does it flake. Perfect coverage. If I didn't have so many freckles, I wouldn't have to use a concealer. Love love!

on 4/28/2015 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This Foundation goes on well, has a nice light feel but good coverage. The pump doesn't get clogged and is easy to use. The only negative in my opinion is that the bottle is pink metallic and you cannot see when your running low on product.

on 4/18/2015 11:16:00 AM

Overall, this product is very good. The texture is smooth, the coverage is a medium/full. I have oily, acne prone, 47 year old skin. It does lack SPF, though, which is quite surprising since most foundations nowadays have at least a SPF of 15. My only qualm would be the color. I picked LIGHT and it was super dark looking. I'd say it was prob a med/med dark. I might have to pick up the FAIR and mix it. I'm normally a LIGHT in most foundations, FIJI in NARS. and a NC 20-25 in MAC. Watch out when dispensing, it splatters a bit.

on 12/21/2014 1:22:00 PM

This foundation provides about a medium to full coverage. The Color matches my skin-tone well and is the perfect coverage for my acne prone- combination skin. Another thing i really like about it is it doesn't make my face oily or dry like most other foundations. Im not sure if the foundation is causing me to break out in a few spots or my diet is poor but i have recently noticed a small breakout while using this. Other than that my only complaint is that the pump seems really cheap and sometimes it takes a few pumps to get a good amount of liquid out.

on 12/5/2014 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Bit of background: 42, ruddy Irish skin, dry to combination with some fine lines cropping up here and there. My complexion has some rashes here and there from either autoimmune disease or the treatment for it, who knows..
Anyway, I'm consistently on the lookout for foundation with enough but not TOO much coverage, yellow based to counteract redness and nothing that will dehydrate my skin even further. Oh, and skin tone match is nice as well.
I divide my time on either side of the east coast (ME and FL) so I need varying shades depending where I am; in FL I am more NC 25, in the frozen tundra, NC 20 ish. I am in FL now and a bit darker, so medium light is a good match. This formula is very yellow based, so keep that in mind if you are more cool toned ( may make you look sallow.) Additionally this might not be suitable for oily skin, but for mine it is close to perfect; gives me hydration and a bit of a glow.
It lasts all day, doesn't smudge all over, and is generally great for my needs. Only downfall is the price: $40, ouch! I found the cream compact version better for my complexion, but it was $40 for .35 oz whereas the pump bottle is the same cost for 1.0 oz. Additionally there were only few options for shades ( cream) and more available for liquid.
I purchased this at Ulta and tried it on for a day before buying. If you're not certain what shade you are I recommend trying the testers first as the shades can really vary.