Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter

Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cetyl alcohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, sucrose stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, glyceryl laurateglycine soja (soybean) oil, lactic acid, magnesium aluminum silicate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) butter, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sucrose polystearate, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopherol, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol.

on 6/5/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this enough. The scent is light and it feels pretty much like a rich body cream. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have been using this almost everyday for the past 3+ months, now on my second jar. I rub this all over my torso and also my butt (where I had some existing stretch marks) then I use Trader Joe's Midsummer Cream on my arms and legs. I do think stretch marks are mostly genetic but I want to do my part to prevent them if I can. This hasn't done anything to reduce the appearance of my existing stretch marks but I haven't gotten any new marks either. My belly really popped within the past month and I started feeling a bit of tightness and itchiness so thought I would give a Palmers Cocoa Butter a try. I'm not a huge fan of the cocoa scent and unfortunately it broke me out in a rash on my tummy and chest so I had to switch back to mama bee which I'm happy with. (Side note: I swear the cocoa butter reduced the appearance of my existing stretch marks in the short time I tried it so I will continue to use it on my butt at night.)

on 2/5/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm 6 months pregnant and have been using this belly butter since about 8 weeks. I was looking for a fragrance-free, moisturizing cream that was made for pregnant bellies, which was as natural as possible. Pregnancy has increased my sense of smell and I couldn't stand sweet scents during my first trimester. Even the fragrance-free Palmer's had an "off" smell to my sensitive nose. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter has been awesome and it's totally fragrance-free! It helps relieves any little itchies and absorbs relatively quickly, leaving my skin soft and smooth. It doesn't promise to prevent stretch marks or anything, but those are genetic anyways. I already have a back-up on hand!

on 12/18/2013 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this after watching a youtuber rave about this and she is Right! I absolutely love this.

I have very dry skin and this leaves my skin super soft (I've only found one other body product that does the same thing so this is pretty precious to me). This a thick butter but does not leave my skin greasy at all. It absorbs almost immediately and viola! my skin feels soft and moisted and smooth... This is actually a product for the belly to be used during pregnancy but i use it all over.

Its virtually fragrance free. If you lean your nose close to the tube, it does have a faint but nice scent but when applied, i don't smell much. Good for my sensitive skin.

I've read some reviews saying that this is recently reformulated and not as good as the original product. But i've never tried the original product and this works for me now.

Judging from the 3 backups i have now, i seriously love this product.

Popular Lotions / Creams