75%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

We're all somehow mixed (I'm Caucasian but I'm a mish mash of European/Canadian/American) & I love this shampoo. It's sold in my Kroger's ethnic group of hair products it smells amazing I love how it smells all of the M/C products have a nice smell. I shampoo my hair ev 4-5 days I shampoo 2X coz I have a very oily scalp. I use M/C shampoo, deep conditioner, leave in cond & styling foam. This stuff is amazing. I was too chicken butt to buy it bcoz of $$$ mainly but it was on sale for $9.99USD so I decided I'd take the plunge & get all of their products but best $40 I spent on my hair in a long time! I will rebuy this shampoo you don't need much just a quarter sized amount each wash it's a 10oz. bottle which looks small to me but I'm just happy to have somem that works! :-)

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

6 years ago

The shampoo was decent to me. Nothing spectacular. It didn't dry my hair out. Weird bland factory scent.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

6 years ago

Mixed Chicks offers two versions of shampoos within their line-one with sulfates and one that is sulfate free. The only one that I have tried thus far is their clarifying shampoo that does contain sulfates. It has a pleasant smell, nothing overpowering. It gets my hair very clean, just like a clarifying shampoo does. However, I don't have any interest in using harsh clarifying shampoos on my hair and scalp on a regular basis, due to my hair being naturally very dry. And, after I have used this shampoo it does leave my hair with a level of dryness to it, certainly not as much as those harsh drugstore clarifying shampoos do that's for sure! Oh, and I have found that I can easily remove both silicone free and non-silicone free styling products easily from my hair with Jessicurl's Hair Cleansing Cream with no problems at all. If you are someone who has no problems with using sulfate, clarifying shampoos, then you will probably like the one that Mixed Chicks offers, otherwise, I would recommend going with their sulfate free shampoo instead, if you desire to use shampoo, just one that is much milder on ones hair and scalp, and is of course 100% sulfate free.

About reviewer (972 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I love this shampoo. As point of reference, I'm not "mixed" (I'm caucasian), and I have very dry, damaged, overprocessed blonde hair. I've been looking for a good moisturizing shampoo for over 2 years now. I like Dermorganics shampoo for performance, but hate the smell, and so, so many others have high levels of SLS or silicones or other ingredients bad for my hair. This shampoo, so far, seems perfect. The first time I used it, it's hard to describe, but it felt like I was putting a comforting blanket on my hair. My hair just melted into it. I was also pleasantly surprised that it thoroughly cleaned my (very dirty) hair, and without over-drying, thank God. (One issue I face is that my hair is probably dirtier than it should be when I go to wash, because I've had such bad luck with washing causing more damage and fallout. So I wait longer than I probably should and wash it only 2-3 times a week, and then some moisturizing shampoos struggle to get it clean. But lesser-moisturizing shampoos cause dryness and fallout. So it's a never-ending battle). This shampoo also has the best fragrance. It's very light and pleasant; I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's not like heavy old-lady perfume, or strong herbs, or strong fruit/florals. It's just really pleasant. I bought might at Target, but they only carry the shampoo and the deep conditioner, so I may look online for more of their products. I paid $14.99 for my bottle, which I thought was a very fair price. It's a reasonable sized bottle, and unlike other shampoos like the Dermorganic & Wenn, you just need an average size amount, not "15 pumps." This bottle should last a while. I'm so glad I decided to try it, and I definitely want to try more of the line.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

Age30-35