3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

In theory this should have worked brilliantly - hyaluronic acid plus brightening ingredients, all in a reasonably priced Asian sheet mask. what's not to like here? Well unfortunately something in the essence formulation does not agree with me. I used this the day after I used the Apple Polyphenol mask also by MBD, and awoke to a red itchy patch on my nose and also just above my left eyebrow. That only happens when I'm allergic to an ingredient...I'm guessing the citrus extract though I might be wrong. I didn't have this issue with the other 2 MBD masks so hopefully this is just a one off (I have a few more to try, all with different ingredients). Good to have tried this and a shame my skin reacted badly to it. Hopefully better luck with the others... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

I picked this up from my local Asian store and it is my first MBD mask. I left it on for 20 minutes and rubbed the serum into my face, neck, and even into my knees and hands. It really is quite moisturizing and does a great job in smoothing out dry patches. My experience with sheet masks is that they don't really do much, but this one definitely has moisturized and plumped up my skin. My only complain is that there is just so much serum, but you can probably save the mask in the fridge for a second use or save the serum in a container. Overall, this was a pleasant experience and these masks are great value for money.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This was the first MBD mask I tried, and it inspired me to try many more. Hyaluronic acid is one of my favorite skincare ingredients, and I have been using the indeed labs hydraluron mask religiously for years. When I saw this, I thought it might be a nice (cheaper) alternative. I was right. Comparatively, the essence in the MBD mask is much more liquid than the IL mask, which has a more gel-like consistency. But the results are essentially the same. This leaves my skin feeling soft, but more importantly, it plumps my skin, eliminating the fine lines I've developed between my eyebrows. I do feel that in order to get the best out of these masks, you should immediately apply a moisturizer after removal, locking in all that magical essence. The only real difference between MBD and my beloved IL masks is that I often save the remaining essence from the IL masks and use it as a serum, whereas I find the essence in the MBD masks is too thin to pull this off. Overall, I would gladly repurchase this mask. It is essentially half the price of the IL masks, and you get twice as much product. That being said, I love the Aloe Vera masks from MBD even more!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This was my first MBD mask and it won me over for the brand. Their masks are made of very sturdy cotton and come incredibly saturated. I've come to straining the masks when I first open up a new one and saving the essence for either a second mask or to use as a serum. While I love this mask, it sits on the face nicely and is very hydrating, it is not my favorite from the brand. It is marketed to be the most moisturizing of all but it is just on par with the others I have tried. If you are looking for moisture, you will get it with the mask. However, all of the MBD masks provide moisture PLUS other benefits so I would recommend this mask if you face is sensitive and you are new to sheet masks. If you are looking for added benefits such as tightening pores, lightening dark spots, my personal favorite is the Black Pearl! Overall I will not repurchase only because I like others more but I will definitely continue to use the ones I already own!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I think this is of the very few skincare products that I have tried where I can see an instantaneous effect, and further yet still see the effect 12 hours later. I have dehydrated normal-to-dry skin and I find this really plumps up my skin and reduces the visibility of fine lines. I used this mask after I washed my face and patted it dry. I put the mask on for 20 minutes. One of the things I really like about this particular mask is that it is somewhat sticky, enough to stay on my skin when I am sitting upright. After removing it I patted the rest of the product into my skin. I followed up with my regular moisturizer (Cetaphil cream at the moment) and went to bed. The next morning I still had visibly plump skin, and although the effect was not visible by the afternoon my skin still felt more hydrated than normal. I personally try to avoid single-use products so I won't be purchasing this in the future. However, for people with dehydrated or dry skin who enjoy sheet masks this may be an excellent option.

About reviewer (219 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I do not use face masks, period. So when I got this and a few other masks as gifts, I thought it would be great to start here. When I opened the packet, the face mask has a protective plastic layer that I had to remove before I could but on the mask. The mask was coated in this cool feeling gel-like product so it took awhile for me to get the mask opened! I am not used to using masks so I fumbled abit and the last time I used a face mask, my friend helped me. The masks and product smells like baby soap, it was nice. Truthfully, I was not expecting the gel like product on mask. I left it on for 17 minutes and it did sting my skin for a few seconds but not continuously. I have eczema. Other than that, it was fine. The mask fit is a little too big for me haha. After removal, the mask leaves a sticky gel residue but after awhile, it will absorb into skin. My face felt cool and refreshed. I have one more of these to use and I am really happy with the product. I also hope I used this right! I used the mask in the morning and my skin in the afternoon and evening was same as always. Dry and what not. There was no skin irritation during the rest of the day.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

AgeUnder 18