Clinique chubby stick 02 latte

No Image

3.8

on 4/30/2017 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is not for someone who is looking to create a full make-up look. This is for someone like me who needs to get some make-up on - and it is often in the parking lot of my train station at the crack of dawn using my visor mirror - and get going.

The Clinique SA gave me a great tip: don't go into the crease - lids only and up to not into. Great advice because I am 61 and going any higher makes it sit it my crease and look creepy as there is some glimmer.

The color is neutral enough for anyone and it does highlight my blue eyes and fair skin.

It gives just enough color to define my eyes. Add mascara - and I don't look so tired!

I use all the Chubbies: Foundation, blush, lips.

Perhaps it is sad that I don't have high expectations for wear. This is a "good enough" make-up look: they add some color, some coverage and are dependable.

But that's what I want. P.S. Keep them separate from everything else in your handbag! And push the top on securely.

on 3/24/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I decided to purchase Clinique's Chubby stick eye tint in latte as I have developed an allergy to powder eye shadow , so I'd thought I'd give this a try. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and so far I have not had any adverse reaction to it. The colour is nice and natural with a slight sheen, it doesn't accentuate my crepiness of my eyelids. It glides on smoothly . It is a sheer eye tint but I find it is buildable , I quite like the sheerness on my aging skin. I find it does crease after a few hours , but I haven't used a primer due to allergy ( contact dermatitis) so using a primer may help . I'm very pleased with it so far , and plan on purchasing a few more in different colours .

on 12/17/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the product but, there is not much color. I should have gone with the plum shade but, at $17 probably will not buy another one. I believe a drugstore product will work as well.
Like my lip chubbies - the caps are not secure either.

on 1/8/2014 10:54:00 AM

When I apply powder eye shadow it slides right off the lids, I've always had to use a cream or stick shadow as a base, then apply powder shadow. With the silly TSA rules about liquids, I've switched to traveling with stick shadows as a base and this offering from Clinique is the best I've yet found.

I have several colors of the Chubby Stick and like them all. The most neutral and versatile is the Latte, I use it most often. Latte is a light and very neutral color, great as a base. This shadow isn't meant to be worn alone. If the stick doesn't provide enough color the user should just apply more or choose a different color. There is a very good selection of colors in this stick, with several shades of brown ranging from light (this one, Latte) to quite dark browns.