4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

So my brief story... My hair has been in terrible condition including dryness , much hair breakage as a result of highlighting / bleaching and frequent hair styling products so I thought I'd try out high investment product to bring life back in to my hair. I dug deep to buy Philip b oud shampoo plus followed great advice from another MUA review (thank you reviewer ) to also use Philip b white truffle conditioner. I can honestly say amazing results!!! From first use of Philip b shampoo & conditioner my hair feels and looks thicker from root to tip and nice straightening results lasting all day. I normally have limp thin lifeless hair but Philip b quite simply has transformed my hair to being thicker and full bodied. I agree only a little lather with this shampoo and the texture of your hair feels noticeably different once dry, compared to other shampoos /conditioners but I believe this is a positive given the results. On a negative, I feel morally wrong in spending such a vast amount of money on shampoo/ conditioner but positively this is Fantastic product that has transformed my dry lifeless straggly hair into soft, full bodied thick style easy hair.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

Please see the matching conditioner review. But a couple of points to mention on the shampoo - I only had the smaller sizes and I found it very hard getting the poo out of the bottle. Had to squeeze very hard and then the poo sucked straight back into the bottle. V. Frustrating. It was very hard to get a lather going so had to do twice. If your hair is not very dirty, having to do two washes is a heck of a waste at these prices. I think it irritates my scalp. Probably will not be a repurchase. Feels a bit too rich for my hair. Has a very strong perfume. Not sure I like it.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is a really nice choice for fine haired girls, who want both volume, shine and moisture. I was sceptic at first, although I absolutely LOVE Philip B (including the over the top expensive Russian Amber), but I have to say that my hair has been feeling and looking amazing with the Oud Royal shampoo and conditioner. The texture of the shampoo is thick and creamy and such a pleasure to use. It foams up nicely and a little goes a long way, even though it doesn't contain any SLS (yay!). It gets my hair very clean - I don't notice any sort of coating as mentioned by the previous reviewer. My hair can't handle too much moisture, but it never looks stringy or oily or feels heavy with this. And yes, it does add thickness to my limp locks, making it easier to style while still feeling VERY soft. The results are close to what Russian Amber gives me, but Oud Royal is way easier to use on a every day basis (comes in a regular bottle) and less expensive. It's a lot of money for hair care, but Oud Royal makes me feel SO good about my hair that I consider it worth the heavy price tag. Try it if you've got fine, limp and fragile hair like me.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I got a sample of this expensive shampoo when I purchased the Philip B. White Truffle Shampoo (which I hated). Thankfully, I was quite pleased with the results of the Forever Shine shampoo. I had a couple problems with this shampoo which is why I only rated it 4 stars. First of all, since it is sulphate free, it does not lather very much, so if you may want to shampoo twice to make it feel clean. Secondly, like the Philip B. White Truffle shampoo, the Forever Shine shampoo leaves your hair feeling like it's been coated in something so even if you DO shampoo twice, you don't get the same clean feeling like you do other shampoos. So basically, if you don't like the feeling of your hair being coated in product, I wouldn't recommend either shampoo. It didn't give me the CLEAN, light and airy feel as my regular shampoo (Bvlgari). I found after using this for a week, it kinda built up in my hair, so i would recommend a cleansing shampoo to use once a week with this. The GOOD thing about the Forever Shine shampoo is that the results are pretty spectacular. The White truffle shampoo left my hair crispy and stiff when I used my flat iron, like I had ironed it after applying mousse. I expected the same thing to happen with the Forever shine shampoo, but thankfully, my hair was silky, shiny, moisturized, lots of volume and frizz free like promised. I used this shampoo with the White Truffle CONDITIONER, which I really like. My hair is fine but severly dry and frizzy and I ended up with the hair of my dreams after using them both. it is now the second day since ive washed my hair with this... and my hair still has tons of volume. Ive never gotten that with any other shampoo. GREAT STUFF. if u can afford it- it's like, $80 for less than 8oz.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age30-35