Catrice All Matt Plus

Catrice All Matt Plus

3.9

AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ZINC OXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, STEAROYL INULIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYSORBATE 80, ACRYLATES/C 12-22 ALKYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, HYDRATED SILICA, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PEG-8, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, TRIMETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 7/19/2017 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The quatlity is good - matt but not cakey, feels light on the skin, blends really well, long lasting. I would say it is medium coverage but quite biuldable to full coverage. Also it sets quickly.
The price is amazing for such good product.
I wouldn't buy it again because of such a narrow shade range. There isn't any medium colour with yellow undertone, the one I used had red undertone and it looked terrible on me.

on 2/25/2017 7:25:00 AM

It didn't work for me. It has a light coverage and doesn't dry matt, which is kinda the point of this foundation. I tried to use it with a beautyblender and a brush, but I couldn't make it work for me. The shade selection isn't that great either. Overall, I won't repurchase.

I love this foundation. I have combination skin and this foundation suits me very well. For me it's a 2 in 1 foundation because It's ideal for a daily use, since it looks natural at daylight and it doesn't feel very heavy, which makes it's a great foundation to wear to job. Secondly, I can also use it at night outs/special occasions, where I can build it to a full coverage.

From my experience with this foundation I can state the following positive points:
-It's medium to full coverage
- It looks good and natural at daylight, so no mask-like feeling
-Doesn't cake
-Looks good on pictures
-You can use it on a daily basis to go to work or for special occasions since it can be built up to full coverage
-It's very affordable
-It's from a cruelty free brand

As for negative points:
-The staying power isn't great, I would say it lasts up to 5 hours, but I haven't tried this with a primer and a setting spray, so I'm guessing that you can prolong its duration using those products
- The scent. I don't particularly like it, but it doesn't last long
- The shade range. Catrice should make more shades for such a wonderful foundation. The one I use (020 Nude Beige) is a little too pink and lighter than the rest of my body, but only slightly, and I can pull it off. I have hopes that they make more shades eventually

Overall I love this foundation. It's so affordable and better than higher end foundations that I've tried before. This and the Bourjois Radiance Reveal foundations are the go to foundations for me right now. This is great because it provides coverage and it isn't very noticeable. Love it!

on 1/25/2017 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I don't use foundation every day but when I do I use this. It's very good. I wouldn't say it's matte/satin, it actually leaves my skin dewy/satin when I don't set it. My skin does break out a little bit but I don't care as I don't wear it often. I would repurchase!

*I use this product on the tone 015-vanilla beige*
For a drugstore foundation, this is truly a gem. It costs under 10€ from where I buy it (7.50€ or so, I think) and it gives me full coverage all day long. With combination skin, foundations can be tricky and get shiny on the t-zone after a couple of hours, but this foundation stays true to its name and it's the perfect matte.

on 1/1/2017 2:32:00 PM

It feels light on the skin and lasts a long time (not the 18 hours that promises, but it can get you through the day). The coverage is medium and it doesn't come off easily so you're not leaving a print of your face on a tissue or anything.

Nope. This oxidized so fast and so orange I looked like a carrot for the whole week I tried using it.

on 12/2/2016 2:25:00 PM

I really love this foundation. It keeps me matte for atleast 7 hours after i set it with powder.
The coverage is medium but you can build it up for better coverage.

I reach for this alot now since my skin had cleared up because i don't need full coverage foundation anymore. If you have problem skin you probably won't like this at much.

Pro's
- Lasts for a long time
- Does'nt give you a flat look, it still makes you look luminous.
- Cheap
- Has a pump

Con's
- Not full coverage, but i know this can be a pro for alot of people.

on 6/14/2016 6:25:00 AM

_UPDATE: I mixed half a teaspoon turmeric and the colour turns more like mine! Still deffinetly dark but I'm gonna wear it all the summer specialy days that I'm going out for a few hours and just want my scaring to not GLOW :D
I feel like it was my third failure in online foundation shopping, I read the reviews n I was like so it's matte and long lasting it's what u need, I'm not fair in colour so I taught the 15 might be a light one for me but its ok cuz I have darker foundies to mix... just when the post man gave it, I ran to my room to test it.. and holy shit why is this soooo ashy and dark IM NOT FAIR like I'm nc25 but on my skin it was so dark and mostly ashy... and how it feel? Not that matte And long lasting; like ideal for 6hs. from a European brand I was expecting the second shade to be really light but no.. and the packaging is nice tbh! Soooo plz go to the store and test it on ur skin I swear before purchasing it I read so much reviews and yt videos... idk to me it was a pain :(

on 9/15/2016 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Price: $
Packaging: 3
Buy again? No.

I bought this foundation because I'd seen at least three half-empty bottles of it lying around in my cousin's room while we were getting ready for the club, and her skin had looked amazing in it (although she uses way more than she actually needs). I'd wanted a new foundation anyway, but I couldn't decide which one to buy.
For reference, her skin is combo-dry with a slight tendency to spots, sun-damaged (freckles), and probably also with PIH (she's Fitzpatrick IV and likes to tan, I can't tell the freckles from the PIH). As for me, my skin is combo-oily, I also get spots quickly (but I have a very good routine that keeps them at bay), and I'm Fitzpatrick II and wear sunscreen year-round. She has Mediterranean features while I'm the average Central European, but I think - I THINK - that she had the same shade as me, which is 010 Light Beige.

Okay, so I got the 30ml bottle for ~7€ at the local DM. People tell me Catrice previously made a foundation called Infinite Matte, and that it was basically the same exact thing. A lot of people loved the old foundation, and a lot of people love the new one, so I figured it wouldn't hurt my wallet to try it.
I got the lightest shade, because I always get the lightest shade, and because the swatch had looked quite good (maybe a bit more pink than I would've liked it to be).

The bottle is simple frosted glass and black plastic, not fancy, but sturdy. I actually couldn't wrap my head around the pump at first; I've seen my cousin pumping the foundation out of the bottle and onto the lid, but the cap sat so tightly on the pump that I on the first try managed to screw the whole thing off before I realised that you have to apply a bit of force to pull the cap from the bottle. It's also difficult to work with the pump, as you either can't push it down at all, or it goes down all the way and you're left with much more product than you actually wanted. One pump is what I personally use for both my face and neck, but I've seen my cousin using two pumps for her face alone, and she ended up looking like she only had put on a minimal amount - I guess it really depends on how much makeup your face can take.

The foundation itself comes out thick and creamy and heavily perfumed. I can't say that I particularly like the smell, but I can bear it, and most of it evaporates ~15min into wear. It's a bit of a challenge to blend this foundation, and you also don't have much time to do it because it starts setting quite quickly, but once it's done you are left with a really beautiful satin finish.
I find that the best application method is to roughly spread it with fingers and make sure it's evenly distributed, and then polish the finish with a dense buffing or blending brush like the Zoeva 102 Silk Finish, which also happens to be my weapon of choice. Sponges also do work, but you're compromising on the coverage and finish, and the thick consistency of the product might be a challenge. Some people also like to pump the product on the back of their hands, pick it up with a buffing brush and start buffing immediately, but I find that it makes the brushes much more dirty much faster, and the finish usually isn't as streak-free as when you spread it with fingers first. Using a flat foundation brush first and then polishing it with a blending brush could be an alternative if you don't want to use fingers, but I'm not a big fan of those flat brushes, so I haven't tried that.

The finish indeed is satin as the bottle says; coverage depends on how thick or thinly you apply the product, but it's definitely buildable. I don't layer it much for reasons I'm going to explain in a minute, but I can see this reaching very strong medium coverage, possibly even full.
I personally apply a very light layer all over with my fingers, blend with the Zoeva brush where it's needed, let it set, and then either apply a second very thin layer, or conceal and powder. Even if I wanted, I couldn't apply more of it, because it oxidises like mad - like MAD, mind you! I'm not joking when I say that it goes from a neutral-to-slightly-warm-toned N15 to a very cool-toned NW20-25. I'm sure a lot of other reviewers have noticed this as well, but I just wanted to warn the very fair-skinned to be careful and let the swatch sit for a couple of minutes before you decide to buy it. Obviously, the less you apply the less noticeable the shift in colour is, which is why I'm applying it in really thin layers. On one (!!!) single occasion I applied more than usual, and the colour didn't change, but I can't say what it was that was different from all the other times. Sorry to disappoint you; I'm going to update should I ever find out.

As for the durability: The bottle claims "up to 18h", but I'm yet to encounter a foundation that lasts that long. I've worn this for ~16h and can say that it looks good for a very long time before it starts to fade away evenly (at least on me). It's not oil-controlling or sweatproof, and if you plan to dance in it I strongly advise you to test it first by running up and down the stairs a dozen times to see how it behaves on you. I've worn it to the club and to the ballroom, and although it wouldn't be my first port of call for a ball, I'll happily wear it to the club again.
If you have dehydrated skin you should watch out for separation - but then again, NO water-based foundation will NOT separate on you if you're dehydrated, so you're pretty much left to solve the problem at its root before you go and try to mask it. Dry skin could also dry out further.

+ beautiful satin/velvet finish
+ customizable coverage
+ cheap, lasts fairly long (depending on how heavy-handed you are)
+ sets quickly
+ even wear and even fade

- heavily fragranced
- oxidises
- will separate on dehydrated skin; might emphasise flakes on dry skin; won't control sebum on oily