Albolene cleanser

Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought I would try this product when I had received a 40% off any one item at CVS, as it's priced a little higher than what I'm used to paying for a drugstore makeup remover (~$14). And I'm glad I decided to try it because now I know it is definitely worth the price when I'm buying another one. It takes off even the most stubborn waterproof makeup, and it makes my skin glow! It doesn't make my skin red or irritated. It makes my skin soft, hydrated and youthful-looking. It even seemed to heal some blemishes I had by the next morning after use. Just apply and tissue off. I usually wash my face with soap afterward because of its heavy emollient feel, but it's not a must. I'm so happy I found a product that makes my skin look so good. I actually can't wait to take my makeup off each night because I enjoy using this so much. A keeper for sure.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

WOW. So this I consider a hidden gem. It's like a plain Jane hidden in sight. I've seen it, I've heard of it, but I've never even bothered to try it.

I have dehydrated, sensitive, combo skin. I've read a lot about oil cleansing and stumbled upon this. It has mineral oil as one of its main ingredients so BE WARNED if you react to that, this isn't the product for you. This is a really great cleanser that keeps my dehydrated skin moisturized. I have a very oily t-zone and really dry cheekbone area, but this even keeps my t-zone at bay, it's amazing!

My makeup gets taken off with this. I don't even have to use my makeup remover... it's amazing. What I do is I slather this on, rub it in, and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. My makeup comes right off.

Some people like to leave it at that but I prefer a 2nd step to remove the light film it removes. FYI - it doesn't get removed with water. I use a gentle cleanser after and my face is so clean.

PRO:
- Makeup completely removed
- Gentle (so great for sensitive skin if you dont react to its ingredients)
- Moisutirizing - GREAT for dehydeated and dry skin
- Easily available at your local drugstore/pharmacy (got mine at Walgreens)
- Great price for the product. I paid about $12 for 12oz tub.. LASTS FOREVERRRRRR

CON:
- I personally don't have one. This stuff is AMAZING and my skin has never looked better after using it.

I highly recommend that you give this a try. I've read good feedback with all skin types having luck with this product. If you're on the oily side, it might be best to do a second gentle cleanse to remove the last of the oils, but I'm sold! Definitely repurchasing once I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily, large congested pores, and dehydrated. Lots of redness.

PROS
Unscented
A little goes a long way
Moisturizing
Dissolves makeup

CONS
Very thick - Similar to Vaseline.
Leaves film - The kind that makes me want to wash my face right away.

I wouldn't recommend it for acne prone/oily skin. I won't repurchase.

on 5/9/2017 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My mom used this for at least a decade when I was growing up. She has fantastic skin despite her years of baking in the sun. (A lot of my skin damage is a result of decisions I made re laser and overuse of AHA, BHA and retinoids when my skin was combination tending towards oily). I am prone to milia, and only used oily cleansers occasionally. Now that I am older and my skin is combination, tending towards dry, albolene goes into more frequent rotation especially in winter. I use a very small amount.

I do tend to keep it away from milia prone areas just t be safe. It's lighter in texture than Vaseline and more whipped and more gloppy. It will easily remove the most stubborn eyemake up. This can feel greasy if you use too much. But, then you can always use a toner or double cleanse. I will note because of being milia prone, that my favorite all purpose make up remover is oil free. Bliss lid and lash gel remover (if you let it sit on your eyes for a few seconds, it will remove everything without the need to rub or tug). If I was not milia prone, I would not hesitate to use albolene to remove eye makeup. Does not irritate and does not cause me to break out. (Many high end cleansers and skin care lines use petroleum or mineral oil and I don't have an issue with those ingredients) if you do, this this product is not for you.

This stuff is cheap and lasts forever. If you choose not to use it on your face, it can be used on rough elbows and ankles. Similar to Vaseline but easier to work into skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Rather use coconut oil instead of this,plus its organic and way cheaper.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from dry skin and more in winter time, so I need a moisturizer that lasts all day, I used a lot of moisturizers and usually the other did not last even 2 MONTHS, when I discovered this product was by a makeup artist, she recommended using Albolene as a make-up remover since it is an moisturizing makeup remover, she used it with all her clients before makeup to remove all the dirt to the skin and leave it moisturized at the same time and then apply the primer and the fundation to the girls, when I entered the page did not know exactly what size it was and when I finally get it I felt so happy, it was bigger than all the moisturizers I had tried for a very affordable price, VERY ACCESIBLE . This product has an incredible smell and texture, it was the best option to not waste my money. GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD PRICE, MULTIFUNCTIONAL.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm a fan of Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, and I figured I would try to save a few bucks and use this as a dupe...it's not a dupe. It's messier, greasier, and harder to remove than the Clinique stuff. I always make sure to double cleanse with a foaming face wash after using this but I never quite feel clean afterwards, just greasy. I'd rather not feel that way after washing my face. The only reason why it doesn't get the lowest rating from me is because it does remove makeup pretty darn well. I'm just not a fan of the grease factor.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a HG product for me. I have very dry and sensitive skin, pron to rosacea and acne. This stuff is a godsend. Removes all make up and leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't break me out. And VERY cheap.

on 12/30/2016 3:50:00 PM

I love this product because it made to be a makeup remover, but it also has the qualities of being a great moisturizing cleanser. This is important to me because I have Eczema and finding products that don't irritate my skin can be very difficult. Simple soaps and water can be make my skin break out and this Vaseline type of ingredient base really does the trick. The best eye makeup remover also makes the solution for around your eyes. My eyes have most of the problems because they swell up and become all puffy and Albolene uses a small applicator to remove and to me is the best way to remove eye makeup. I am happy that there are products that keep sensitive skin in mind when developing their products. Great stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There was a night that I went on a two day bender in Miami beach where I bounce around from club to club. I was out all night that I never washed up my makeup and just reapplied. By the third night I had to wash it off. I went to Walgreens and picked up some Albolene because I didn't bring any of my hundreds of products that I use for my PM routine before bed. I was blown away how effective this makeup remover cream worked on my face. It took all the makeup that was caked on my face for those two days. Not only that, I was starting to break out from not washing and after using it for the next couple days, the flair up went away. It worked incredibly well as a moisturizer cleanser as well. I have never been happier to leave all my stuff at home on accident. Albolene is my one stop product for all of my PM routine needs for cream makeup remover. It worked Shockingly well.