Albolene cleanser

Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm a fan of Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, and I figured I would try to save a few bucks and use this as a dupe...it's not a dupe. It's messier, greasier, and harder to remove than the Clinique stuff. I always make sure to double cleanse with a foaming face wash after using this but I never quite feel clean afterwards, just greasy. I'd rather not feel that way after washing my face. The only reason why it doesn't get the lowest rating from me is because it does remove makeup pretty darn well. I'm just not a fan of the grease factor.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a HG product for me. I have very dry and sensitive skin, pron to rosacea and acne. This stuff is a godsend. Removes all make up and leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't break me out. And VERY cheap.

To Read all 210 Reviews, Login or Join

This has changed my skin! I was suffering from adult acne and using harsh cleansers that dried out my skin, but albolene leaves it nice and soft. I just smear some of this on my face, rub it around and remove with either cotton pads or a wet microfiber cloth. I'll usually follow up with a gentle cleanser, like CeraVe hydrating. My breakouts have significantly reduced and my fine lines have diminished because my skin is no longer dehydrated. HG

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very sensitive skin that is prone to being very dry. I'm not acne-prone, but I do tend to get clogged pores if I use the wrong product. With that being said, I really like using Albolene as a cheap alternative to more expensive and luxurious oil cleansers and cleansing balms. I'm using something from Whole Foods with Rosehip oil and Meadowfoamseed oil in it, but it's so expensive for a small bottle. Albolene is so cheap for the amount you get.

I slather on a very tiny amount onto my face and massage it in for a good minute. I use a warm washcloth to wipe all my makeup off. I then use a gentle foaming cleanser to get all the residue off. For me, the moisturized feeling at the end is what makes me reach for this more than any of the other cleansers. It gets all the makeup off and leaves my face not feeling stripped and/or dry. This is important for dry-skinned gals like me.

I would repurchase this again and make sure I have a tub of this in my cabinet at all times. It's better than Vaseline in my opinion (although it's very similar in terms of ingredient formulation).

Great for taking off stubborn makeup with ease, especially mascara!

on 4/19/2016 10:15:00 AM

I finally decided to try this out because it's cheap and comes in an enormous utilitarian tub. I usually double cleanse and I've used a variety of oils (work well, v. messy), Pond's cold cream (works well, stings my eyes a bit), the Body Shop's chamomile balm (works ok, too expensive for its efficacy), and the Clinique Take the Day off Balm (my absolute fave, expensive for how fast I go through it).

The Albolene looks and feels like Vaseline (and consists of a lot of Vaseline) but is somehow more elegant and creamy-glidey than actual Vaseline. It takes off my makeup (in conjunction with a damp washcloth) very easily and gently, with only the very last dregs of eye makeup that no cleanser completely eradicates left. I have oily, acne-prone skin and it hasn't broken me out (I usually follow up with Cetaphil, but have used Albolene on its own with no breakouts too).

My main gripe is I do not like the idea of petrochemicals, but this is a very good & economical product if you're cool with 'em.

ETA: this is messing with my lashes. They've been wimpy and thin since I've started using Albolene! Gonna have to switch.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

HG make up remover, hands down the best I've used. This straight forward product is cheap and comes in a big tub. With clean hands I take a bit and rub it all over my face. I work it in for a minute. Then I use a baby wipe to towel it off. I use a baby wipe because it's damp and disposable. Foundation gone, long wearing lipstick gone, waterproof mascara gone in one wipe. My skin is left soft and hydrated all in about 2-3 minutes. They should call it Cheap, Easy and Fast.

$9.88 @ Walmart
Clear with NO scent at all and looks like vasaline minus the stickyness. It feels more like coconut oil, it's a solid but turns into a liquid with the warmth of your fingers. It removed all of makeup, including mascara, easily and thoroughly.
A tiny tiny bit goes a long way.
Coconut oil removes all makeup in the exact same manner.
8-20-16
Still using it but only because I don't want it to go to waste, it doesn't remove ALL makeup like I thought as a cotton round will still take off plenty of residue left behind.

on 1/12/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love it, gets rid of everything in my face without trouble. Specially makeup.

Update: I'm gonna have to knock down two stars after using it a little bit more regularly and realizing that it breaks me out. But I still use it as a lubricant to shave and it does a pretty good job at that.

I've experimented with lots of makeup removers, but this is the only one I keep coming back to. I used to go through tons and tons of cotton pads or makeup removing wipes, just to always feel like I was removing more eyelashes than makeup. Which is not fun. At all.

Albolene is perfect for lazy girls like me who still want to take care of their skin. I splash water onto my face to loosen the makeup, take a dime sized amount of Albolene and gently apply it in circles to my eyes first, and then around the rest of my face. I let it sit for a while, and then take a paper towel or some toilet tissue to wipe off the residue. It removes even the most waterproof makeup effortlessly.

Yes, it is a little messy, but just be thorough in wiping off any remaining oil. Since I really don't like to scrub my lashes, I'll follow through with some Vitamin E oil on a Q-Tip and run that through my lashline to remove any stubborn mascara or eyeliner hiding at the roots, to help strengthen the hairs and make them healthier. Then I just wash my face and apply my regular moisturizer and I'm done.

This has reduced my nighttime routine by at least 15 extra minutes, if not more. In the really cold winter months you don't even need to wash your face after removing makeup with Albolene at all, since it's excellent at locking in moisture. It even makes a great makeshift undereye cream if you've got nothing else.