Albolene cleanser

Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

on 4/21/2018 2:08:00 PM

Sweet mother of holy grail skin care. This is straight up witchcraft. My skin went from a red, splotchy, irritated, bumpy and dehydrated mess to soft, even and glowing within 4 days of use. 4 DAYS!

I've been nursing my skin since a long stint with tretinoin wrecked my moisture barrier. It would get sort of better with lots of asian toners (hydrating) and sheet masks, and squalane oil almost got it back to a nice texture, but nothing worked like Albolene does. I was using Vaseline to remove my makeup and "cleanse" for a while just because any cleanser and washing with water irritated my cheeks, so I thought, "how different could Albolene really be?" Oh, sweet naive, me. It's on a whole other level compared to straight up Vaseline.

And I get it, any kind of "cleanser" that leaves something behind seemed super off-putting to me. Like it was going to break me out or something, but it hasn't. In fact, the opposite occurs. My skin has never been clearer and I noticed a nasty hormonal zit forming on my chin, but I washed with Albolene and overnight it reduced substantially. Seems like it's just going away now.

AND I don't have to use a moisturizer afterwards - like when you strip all the oils off of your skin with cleanser and it cries for lotion? Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore.

From the second I put this on my face, I knew we were meant to be. I will probably always use Albolene. Now and forever. Amen.

on 4/16/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm 46 with very oily and acne-prone skin that is sometimes flakey. Always been terrified of using greasy products on my skin but I started using Banila Clean It Zero with Resveratrol cleansing balm a few months ago and loved how it removed every bit of makeup/sunscreen/oil/dirt. My only complaint was the high price and that I had to order online. I found the reviews for Albolene here on MUA and saw that oily girls with acne liked it, so decided to give it a shot.

Pros:
CHEAP - $7 for 12 oz instead of $23 for 3.3 oz
Picked up at Walmart instead of online ordering
Removes makeup/dirt completely
Only a small amount of product is needed
Unscented and paraben free

Cons:
Heavier petroleum feeling and texture
Doesn't rinse cleanly easilt

I use a cosmetic spatula to scoop out a dime sized amount and massage into dry skin, then use a warm, damp microfiber cloth to remove, then cleanse a second time with Cerave and follow with a witch hazel toner.

It's early days yet, but I'm happy so far. As long as there are no breakouts, I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/15/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this cleanser for heavy duty makeup removal. I have been trying to make all my skincare products a bit less expensive. Normally I would have purchased Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm but I saw this at Wal Mart and went for it. This turns to oil as soon as you rub it into your hands. It takes off my full beat face of Estée Lauder DoubleWear. And keeps my skin well moisturized. I am a convert. No more super expensive balms for no reason.

on 3/27/2018 8:08:00 AM

Bought this last weekend because I've been having a lot of allergy problems. This was before I started to really research products more.

I tried it, it seemed to work well, but the consistency was thick - like vaseline. It felt like I should have just bought vaseline.

This prompted me to search the ingredients, which made me stumble upon the site ewg.org/skindeep. Therein lies a vault of information on every conceivable chemical you could imagine. If you plug in "mineral oil" you'll see there's a low risk for cancer and a low-medium risk, or maybe a trigger for allergies and immunology problems.

Albolene Fragrance Free itself has an overall rank of "1", though it contains petrolatum - which has been banned in other countries, and is ranked a 4 (9 being the worst or most hazardous). I ultimately returned it.

There are a couple of other sites that I'm using now to "check" products before I buy them to be safer and to watch my allergies closer. Right now I have some kind of break out on my face and itchiness on my arms. This is due to a medication I'm on, possibly hormones, seasonal allergies, and maybe diet. I'm trying to to attack from all angles! Anyway, I hope this is helpful for someone.

on 3/19/2018 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this over 4 years and I have to say this is the best cleanser I've used to take off my makeup. I have congested combination, acne prone skin. I was really hesitant to use this product because of the ingredient but after doing some research I realized that it is perfectly safe.

I use about a quarter size amount, rub it between my palms and apply onto my face. This takes off face and eye makeup like a dream and you don't have to put a lot of pressure or scrubbing action. I then use a warm wet face cloth to remove the product and everything just slips off. A little bit goes a long way and it took me four years to finish the large tube I got from amazon.

Definitely give it a try! Recommend for all skin types even acne prone gals like me out there.

on 2/25/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG. Never would have expected this to work so well for me. I am a sufferer of cystic acne prone dehydrated skin. When I started using this my skin cleared up to the point where I don't wear face makeup. I rub a small amount on dry skin and wipe off with a warm wash cloth. Had to invest in some cheap wash cloths but so worth it. Takes make up off easily and my skin is less oily and flakey with this method.

If you are afraid of mineral oil or petrolatum I recommend researching it because it is not dangerous and has a 0 on the pore clogging scale. It is my savior. So calming and protective. Please give it a try. Might be scary for acne prone users but it will not worsen acne. I also use DIM supplements to keep my skin clear but this helps as well.

Hands down best eye make up remover ever! I have combination skin and it never makes my skin oily. Just wipe on and rub gently then tissue off!

on 1/24/2018 9:56:00 AM

I am very fair (lightest foundation in fit me matte)
And have acne prone skin

Omg this stuff saved my skin yes it feels like a waxy Vaseline but you slather a teaspoon on and wipe it off with a baby wipe or towel and your skin is left silky smooth and soft. My skin was literally saved by using this product I used to have 20-40 pimples on my face at any given time now I only have 3-6 on my face and they are going away it's a miracle product that if ever discontinued I will buy as many as I can store in my home

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought I would try this product when I had received a 40% off any one item at CVS, as it's priced a little higher than what I'm used to paying for a drugstore makeup remover (~$14). And I'm glad I decided to try it because now I know it is definitely worth the price when I'm buying another one. It takes off even the most stubborn waterproof makeup, and it makes my skin glow! It doesn't make my skin red or irritated. It makes my skin soft, hydrated and youthful-looking. It even seemed to heal some blemishes I had by the next morning after use. Just apply and tissue off. I usually wash my face with soap afterward because of its heavy emollient feel, but it's not a must. I'm so happy I found a product that makes my skin look so good. I actually can't wait to take my makeup off each night because I enjoy using this so much. A keeper for sure.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

WOW. So this I consider a hidden gem. It's like a plain Jane hidden in sight. I've seen it, I've heard of it, but I've never even bothered to try it.

I have dehydrated, sensitive, combo skin. I've read a lot about oil cleansing and stumbled upon this. It has mineral oil as one of its main ingredients so BE WARNED if you react to that, this isn't the product for you. This is a really great cleanser that keeps my dehydrated skin moisturized. I have a very oily t-zone and really dry cheekbone area, but this even keeps my t-zone at bay, it's amazing!

My makeup gets taken off with this. I don't even have to use my makeup remover... it's amazing. What I do is I slather this on, rub it in, and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. My makeup comes right off.

Some people like to leave it at that but I prefer a 2nd step to remove the light film it removes. FYI - it doesn't get removed with water. I use a gentle cleanser after and my face is so clean.

PRO:
- Makeup completely removed
- Gentle (so great for sensitive skin if you dont react to its ingredients)
- Moisutirizing - GREAT for dehydeated and dry skin
- Easily available at your local drugstore/pharmacy (got mine at Walgreens)
- Great price for the product. I paid about $12 for 12oz tub.. LASTS FOREVERRRRRR

CON:
- I personally don't have one. This stuff is AMAZING and my skin has never looked better after using it.

I highly recommend that you give this a try. I've read good feedback with all skin types having luck with this product. If you're on the oily side, it might be best to do a second gentle cleanse to remove the last of the oils, but I'm sold! Definitely repurchasing once I run out.