Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

on 2/25/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG. Never would have expected this to work so well for me. I am a sufferer of cystic acne prone dehydrated skin. When I started using this my skin cleared up to the point where I don't wear face makeup. I rub a small amount on dry skin and wipe off with a warm wash cloth. Had to invest in some cheap wash cloths but so worth it. Takes make up off easily and my skin is less oily and flakey with this method.

If you are afraid of mineral oil or petrolatum I recommend researching it because it is not dangerous and has a 0 on the pore clogging scale. It is my savior. So calming and protective. Please give it a try. Might be scary for acne prone users but it will not worsen acne. I also use DIM supplements to keep my skin clear but this helps as well.

Hands down best eye make up remover ever! I have combination skin and it never makes my skin oily. Just wipe on and rub gently then tissue off!

on 1/24/2018 9:56:00 AM

I am very fair (lightest foundation in fit me matte)
And have acne prone skin

Omg this stuff saved my skin yes it feels like a waxy Vaseline but you slather a teaspoon on and wipe it off with a baby wipe or towel and your skin is left silky smooth and soft. My skin was literally saved by using this product I used to have 20-40 pimples on my face at any given time now I only have 3-6 on my face and they are going away it's a miracle product that if ever discontinued I will buy as many as I can store in my home

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought I would try this product when I had received a 40% off any one item at CVS, as it's priced a little higher than what I'm used to paying for a drugstore makeup remover (~$14). And I'm glad I decided to try it because now I know it is definitely worth the price when I'm buying another one. It takes off even the most stubborn waterproof makeup, and it makes my skin glow! It doesn't make my skin red or irritated. It makes my skin soft, hydrated and youthful-looking. It even seemed to heal some blemishes I had by the next morning after use. Just apply and tissue off. I usually wash my face with soap afterward because of its heavy emollient feel, but it's not a must. I'm so happy I found a product that makes my skin look so good. I actually can't wait to take my makeup off each night because I enjoy using this so much. A keeper for sure.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

WOW. So this I consider a hidden gem. It's like a plain Jane hidden in sight. I've seen it, I've heard of it, but I've never even bothered to try it.

I have dehydrated, sensitive, combo skin. I've read a lot about oil cleansing and stumbled upon this. It has mineral oil as one of its main ingredients so BE WARNED if you react to that, this isn't the product for you. This is a really great cleanser that keeps my dehydrated skin moisturized. I have a very oily t-zone and really dry cheekbone area, but this even keeps my t-zone at bay, it's amazing!

My makeup gets taken off with this. I don't even have to use my makeup remover... it's amazing. What I do is I slather this on, rub it in, and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. My makeup comes right off.

Some people like to leave it at that but I prefer a 2nd step to remove the light film it removes. FYI - it doesn't get removed with water. I use a gentle cleanser after and my face is so clean.

PRO:
- Makeup completely removed
- Gentle (so great for sensitive skin if you dont react to its ingredients)
- Moisutirizing - GREAT for dehydeated and dry skin
- Easily available at your local drugstore/pharmacy (got mine at Walgreens)
- Great price for the product. I paid about $12 for 12oz tub.. LASTS FOREVERRRRRR

CON:
- I personally don't have one. This stuff is AMAZING and my skin has never looked better after using it.

I highly recommend that you give this a try. I've read good feedback with all skin types having luck with this product. If you're on the oily side, it might be best to do a second gentle cleanse to remove the last of the oils, but I'm sold! Definitely repurchasing once I run out.

on 5/9/2017 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My mom used this for at least a decade when I was growing up. She has fantastic skin despite her years of baking in the sun. (A lot of my skin damage is a result of decisions I made re laser and overuse of AHA, BHA and retinoids when my skin was combination tending towards oily). I am prone to milia, and only used oily cleansers occasionally. Now that I am older and my skin is combination, tending towards dry, albolene goes into more frequent rotation especially in winter. I use a very small amount.

I do tend to keep it away from milia prone areas just t be safe. It's lighter in texture than Vaseline and more whipped and more gloppy. It will easily remove the most stubborn eyemake up. This can feel greasy if you use too much. But, then you can always use a toner or double cleanse. I will note because of being milia prone, that my favorite all purpose make up remover is oil free. Bliss lid and lash gel remover (if you let it sit on your eyes for a few seconds, it will remove everything without the need to rub or tug). If I was not milia prone, I would not hesitate to use albolene to remove eye makeup. Does not irritate and does not cause me to break out. (Many high end cleansers and skin care lines use petroleum or mineral oil and I don't have an issue with those ingredients) if you do, this this product is not for you.

This stuff is cheap and lasts forever. If you choose not to use it on your face, it can be used on rough elbows and ankles. Similar to Vaseline but easier to work into skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Rather use coconut oil instead of this,plus its organic and way cheaper.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily, large congested pores, and dehydrated. Lots of redness.

PROS
Unscented
A little goes a long way
Moisturizing
Dissolves makeup

CONS
Very thick - Similar to Vaseline.
Leaves film - The kind that makes me want to wash my face right away.

I wouldn't recommend it for acne prone/oily skin. I won't repurchase.

on 12/30/2016 3:50:00 PM

I love this product because it made to be a makeup remover, but it also has the qualities of being a great moisturizing cleanser. This is important to me because I have Eczema and finding products that don't irritate my skin can be very difficult. Simple soaps and water can be make my skin break out and this Vaseline type of ingredient base really does the trick. The best eye makeup remover also makes the solution for around your eyes. My eyes have most of the problems because they swell up and become all puffy and Albolene uses a small applicator to remove and to me is the best way to remove eye makeup. I am happy that there are products that keep sensitive skin in mind when developing their products. Great stuff.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from dry skin and more in winter time, so I need a moisturizer that lasts all day, I used a lot of moisturizers and usually the other did not last even 2 MONTHS, when I discovered this product was by a makeup artist, she recommended using Albolene as a make-up remover since it is an moisturizing makeup remover, she used it with all her clients before makeup to remove all the dirt to the skin and leave it moisturized at the same time and then apply the primer and the fundation to the girls, when I entered the page did not know exactly what size it was and when I finally get it I felt so happy, it was bigger than all the moisturizers I had tried for a very affordable price, VERY ACCESIBLE . This product has an incredible smell and texture, it was the best option to not waste my money. GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD PRICE, MULTIFUNCTIONAL.