Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily, large congested pores, and dehydrated. Lots of redness.

PROS
Unscented
A little goes a long way
Moisturizing
Dissolves makeup

CONS
Very thick - Similar to Vaseline.
Leaves film - The kind that makes me want to wash my face right away.

I wouldn't recommend it for acne prone/oily skin. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from dry skin and more in winter time, so I need a moisturizer that lasts all day, I used a lot of moisturizers and usually the other did not last even 2 MONTHS, when I discovered this product was by a makeup artist, she recommended using Albolene as a make-up remover since it is an moisturizing makeup remover, she used it with all her clients before makeup to remove all the dirt to the skin and leave it moisturized at the same time and then apply the primer and the fundation to the girls, when I entered the page did not know exactly what size it was and when I finally get it I felt so happy, it was bigger than all the moisturizers I had tried for a very affordable price, VERY ACCESIBLE . This product has an incredible smell and texture, it was the best option to not waste my money. GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD PRICE, MULTIFUNCTIONAL.

on 12/30/2016 3:50:00 PM

I love this product because it made to be a makeup remover, but it also has the qualities of being a great moisturizing cleanser. This is important to me because I have Eczema and finding products that don't irritate my skin can be very difficult. Simple soaps and water can be make my skin break out and this Vaseline type of ingredient base really does the trick. The best eye makeup remover also makes the solution for around your eyes. My eyes have most of the problems because they swell up and become all puffy and Albolene uses a small applicator to remove and to me is the best way to remove eye makeup. I am happy that there are products that keep sensitive skin in mind when developing their products. Great stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There was a night that I went on a two day bender in Miami beach where I bounce around from club to club. I was out all night that I never washed up my makeup and just reapplied. By the third night I had to wash it off. I went to Walgreens and picked up some Albolene because I didn't bring any of my hundreds of products that I use for my PM routine before bed. I was blown away how effective this makeup remover cream worked on my face. It took all the makeup that was caked on my face for those two days. Not only that, I was starting to break out from not washing and after using it for the next couple days, the flair up went away. It worked incredibly well as a moisturizer cleanser as well. I have never been happier to leave all my stuff at home on accident. Albolene is my one stop product for all of my PM routine needs for cream makeup remover. It worked Shockingly well.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm a fan of Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, and I figured I would try to save a few bucks and use this as a dupe...it's not a dupe. It's messier, greasier, and harder to remove than the Clinique stuff. I always make sure to double cleanse with a foaming face wash after using this but I never quite feel clean afterwards, just greasy. I'd rather not feel that way after washing my face. The only reason why it doesn't get the lowest rating from me is because it does remove makeup pretty darn well. I'm just not a fan of the grease factor.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a HG product for me. I have very dry and sensitive skin, pron to rosacea and acne. This stuff is a godsend. Removes all make up and leaves my skin soft and supple. Doesn't break me out. And VERY cheap.

This has changed my skin! I was suffering from adult acne and using harsh cleansers that dried out my skin, but albolene leaves it nice and soft. I just smear some of this on my face, rub it around and remove with either cotton pads or a wet microfiber cloth. I'll usually follow up with a gentle cleanser, like CeraVe hydrating. My breakouts have significantly reduced and my fine lines have diminished because my skin is no longer dehydrated. HG

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very sensitive skin that is prone to being very dry. I'm not acne-prone, but I do tend to get clogged pores if I use the wrong product. With that being said, I really like using Albolene as a cheap alternative to more expensive and luxurious oil cleansers and cleansing balms. I'm using something from Whole Foods with Rosehip oil and Meadowfoamseed oil in it, but it's so expensive for a small bottle. Albolene is so cheap for the amount you get.

I slather on a very tiny amount onto my face and massage it in for a good minute. I use a warm washcloth to wipe all my makeup off. I then use a gentle foaming cleanser to get all the residue off. For me, the moisturized feeling at the end is what makes me reach for this more than any of the other cleansers. It gets all the makeup off and leaves my face not feeling stripped and/or dry. This is important for dry-skinned gals like me.

I would repurchase this again and make sure I have a tub of this in my cabinet at all times. It's better than Vaseline in my opinion (although it's very similar in terms of ingredient formulation).

Great for taking off stubborn makeup with ease, especially mascara!

on 4/19/2016 10:15:00 AM

I finally decided to try this out because it's cheap and comes in an enormous utilitarian tub. I usually double cleanse and I've used a variety of oils (work well, v. messy), Pond's cold cream (works well, stings my eyes a bit), the Body Shop's chamomile balm (works ok, too expensive for its efficacy), and the Clinique Take the Day off Balm (my absolute fave, expensive for how fast I go through it).

The Albolene looks and feels like Vaseline (and consists of a lot of Vaseline) but is somehow more elegant and creamy-glidey than actual Vaseline. It takes off my makeup (in conjunction with a damp washcloth) very easily and gently, with only the very last dregs of eye makeup that no cleanser completely eradicates left. I have oily, acne-prone skin and it hasn't broken me out (I usually follow up with Cetaphil, but have used Albolene on its own with no breakouts too).

My main gripe is I do not like the idea of petrochemicals, but this is a very good & economical product if you're cool with 'em.

ETA: this is messing with my lashes. They've been wimpy and thin since I've started using Albolene! Gonna have to switch.