LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel

4.6

Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Glycerine , Water (Aqua) , Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia) , Cypress Leaf Infusion (Cupressus sempervirens) , Lauryl Betaine , Fragrance , Goji Berry Juice (Lycium barbarum) , Lactic Acid , Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) , Organic Rose Absolute (Rosa Damascena) , Rose Oil (Rosa damascena) , Egyptian Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Citronellol , Coumarin , Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Red 33

The scent of this is really unique. It is certainly floral but the lemon is there, as well as a "jam" scent that just is so sweet and yummy. I love the scent and have some other Lush products in the same family for that reason.

This is a pretty typical shower gel. There is argan oil but I do not find it to be particularly moisturizing. However, for me, that is asking a lot of a shower gel so it isn't an issue. I have lotions for that. The scent, how gentle it is, and how well it lathers are things I look at. It does not dry my skin out but it still lathers up really well which makes me feel clean.

Typical Lush pricing. This is seasonal so if you want to stock up it's going to be expensive. But I do think the unique scents and formulas are worth it. I hope I can get more next Christmas.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got Rose Jam shower gel in a giftbox and I couldn't wait to use it. I will definitely purchase this for myself. It smells so interesting...it reminds me a little of both guava jam and prickly pear jam, but it's ultimately a lemon-fresh rose. It lathers like crazy, which is enjoyable for occasional use. My body skin tends to get dry, so I'm usually stuck with boring old Cetaphil. This is such a treat! I will use this a lot when the weather gets hot and indoor heating doesn't parch my skin so much. The ingredients look like this could be used as shampoo, also, but I haven't tried that.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My husband put a bottle of this in my Christmas stocking (I think at the urging of my daughter, to whom my husband turns when he's at a loss as to what to get). I actually tried to buy this some time ago but it was unavailable and I think LUSH only releases this before Xmas. Once the Christmas breakfast dishes were cleared away, I ran up to take a shower with this and I am IN LOVE. To me, it is not all that redolent of roses at first and actually smells a bit like cinnamon hearts mixed with rose and a bit of citrus. Once I add water and later up a bit, the rose damask/old rose scent becomes more noticeable. It's an almost contradictory combination of relaxing and refreshing scents and it is really enjoyable to use. Doesn't dry out my skin too badly either, as far as I can tell. I really wish LUSH would release a companion body cream or lotion of some kind to keep the pretty rose scent going....

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell. It reminds me about one kind of syrup in Indonesia. It also makes my skin moist. But I think it's so expensive you know for a shower gel. I bought it for 188 HKD.

This is one of my favorite scents ever! I received in the holiday gift with the body conditioner for Secret Santa three years ago. Now, every year on Boxing Day my motivation to go out is to get to Lush and get those sets on sale! I love it so much.
I work in a scent-free building so for me the rose jam shower gel is a treat for evenings and weekends and reminds me of free time too now :)

Rose Jam is the most potently fragrant body wash I've ever used. Its scent of rose, vanilla, and citrus lasts on my skin for hours after showering. Which I don't mind, because it smells delicious. It foams up well and rinses clean as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this while I was in Sydney, Australia on holiday. It was so much cheaper than Singapore! I paid AUD$9.95 for 100g and both currencies at the moment were 1 to 1. However if I got this back at home, it would have cost about $18!

This one has a more gel consistency to it. It smells like rose and a rich buttery scent, I guess that is the vanilla. It's scent is similar to Smith's Rosebud Salve. Suppose to contain argan oil to moisturise skin but I don't feel any difference. I like the scent though, it does make my baths feel nice. I have eczema and the shower gel did not irritate my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of two favourite shower gels from Lush. Just my luck that both are limited editions! I wouldn't have even reached for this if it hadn't been for a lush employee demo-ing it on me, because I've never enjoyed rose scents much. Like others have said, I find them a "grandma" kind of smell. This is something else, though. Possibly because of the other scents mixed in there - goji berries, vanilla and argan oil (the latter making the shower gel feel amazing on the skin). It's a flirty, sensual smell and definitely not just for grandmas. It has a creamy lather which makes every shower feel like a luxurious experience. The scent stays on the skin for a while, but not heavily. The scent does carry when the gel is lathered up though, and I love that when you walk into the bathroom an hour or so after a shower some of that scent still lingers. As all of Lush's shower gels it's a bit pricey, but considering how rich the gel is and much it lathers it'll last you a lot longer than a lot of cheaper, less natural, shower gels.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Made me break out in a horrible skin reaction
Bumps all over my stomach and back
Itchy and harsh
Has SLS so thats prob why
Don't buy if u have sensitive skin

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Of course with all things lush this stuff goes really far and smells amazing and you will smell yourself all day and thing mmmmm I smell amazing! I find this wash to be calming to my skin and softening. My only note is that I'm not as into this as I am the actual bubblroon??? I have no idea why it's just not quite the same to me