LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel

4.5

This is one of my favorite scents ever! I received in the holiday gift with the body conditioner for Secret Santa three years ago. Now, every year on Boxing Day my motivation to go out is to get to Lush and get those sets on sale! I love it so much.
I work in a scent-free building so for me the rose jam shower gel is a treat for evenings and weekends and reminds me of free time too now :)

Rose Jam is the most potently fragrant body wash I've ever used. Its scent of rose, vanilla, and citrus lasts on my skin for hours after showering. Which I don't mind, because it smells delicious. It foams up well and rinses clean as well.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this while I was in Sydney, Australia on holiday. It was so much cheaper than Singapore! I paid AUD$9.95 for 100g and both currencies at the moment were 1 to 1. However if I got this back at home, it would have cost about $18!

This one has a more gel consistency to it. It smells like rose and a rich buttery scent, I guess that is the vanilla. It's scent is similar to Smith's Rosebud Salve. Suppose to contain argan oil to moisturise skin but I don't feel any difference. I like the scent though, it does make my baths feel nice. I have eczema and the shower gel did not irritate my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of two favourite shower gels from Lush. Just my luck that both are limited editions! I wouldn't have even reached for this if it hadn't been for a lush employee demo-ing it on me, because I've never enjoyed rose scents much. Like others have said, I find them a "grandma" kind of smell. This is something else, though. Possibly because of the other scents mixed in there - goji berries, vanilla and argan oil (the latter making the shower gel feel amazing on the skin). It's a flirty, sensual smell and definitely not just for grandmas. It has a creamy lather which makes every shower feel like a luxurious experience. The scent stays on the skin for a while, but not heavily. The scent does carry when the gel is lathered up though, and I love that when you walk into the bathroom an hour or so after a shower some of that scent still lingers. As all of Lush's shower gels it's a bit pricey, but considering how rich the gel is and much it lathers it'll last you a lot longer than a lot of cheaper, less natural, shower gels.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Made me break out in a horrible skin reaction
Bumps all over my stomach and back
Itchy and harsh
Has SLS so thats prob why
Don't buy if u have sensitive skin

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Of course with all things lush this stuff goes really far and smells amazing and you will smell yourself all day and thing mmmmm I smell amazing! I find this wash to be calming to my skin and softening. My only note is that I'm not as into this as I am the actual bubblroon??? I have no idea why it's just not quite the same to me

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Rose jam is a contradiction of scents. Tart yet sweet, indulgent yet fresh, whimsical yet sophisticated. It is without a doubt one of lush's most complex and intoxicating aromas. Apart from its scent, it lathers up rather well and leaves it's lovely scent on your skin.

Thanks to the lush marketing overlords, it's a Xmas only product. Now this isn't necessarily true, you can get it in a €30 gift box all year around. Cheeky lush. If we forget about the fact that you can get this in a gift set all year around.. What exactly does the lovely rose scent have to do with Christmas? Could it be that lush wants this best product of theirs to create further want because of its limited availability?

It annoys me to say this but I do love this scent and I would repurchase (at the right time of year!). Try Ro's argan body condition, Jason and the argan oil or the rose bubbleroon also.. They are in the same scent family.

Because Rose Jam is a limited edition I buy it at Christmas for myself and then use it relatively sparingly all year round. It smells GORGEOUS -- not like fake rose, but deep rose, like you're laying on your back in garden of roses and there's lemons and wine around you too.

It softens my very dry skin, it's gentle, it's delicious, I'm in love for LIFE. It's a little pricey for shower gel but a little goes a LONG way and I can make a bottle almost last a year. (I alternate with Happy Hippie).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Rose jam shower gel is a lush shower gel that contains,lemon,rose oil (not a cheap one) argan oil, vanilla fruit extract. It smells divine and so luxurious and at the same time fun! It lathers middly but it cleanses verry well and leaves your skin super soft. You can have it in the box rosie as well,all year long. With a bunch of rosie smell products! I pair it with ro's argan body conditioner. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is my favourite shower gel of all time. I like roses. This is not your typical rose scent though. First of all, it is not sickly sweet and it is not grassy. It is soothing to use after a day's work. At the same time, it is also energizing when you need a perk up!
I wish they make these all year long AND make even more products with this scent.