MILANI Color Statement Lipstick in Plumrose

Not tested on animals

on 8/12/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I usually like to switch up my lip colors quite often, but out of ALL my drugstore and high end lipsticks in my possession, Milani Plumrose is one of my 4 most used. I'm near the point where I'm about halfway through this lipstick bullet, and that's saying A LOT for me and my 60+ lipsticks in my arsenal. As for the shade, I surprisingly own NOTHING like this. The name 'Plumrose' is perfect for how I would describe the color. I try to avert plum lipstick shades in the spring and summer in general, but this bridges the gap perfectly between a mid-toned full coverage bright berry pink with a tinge of rose, and a neutral cool plum - in the most effortless way.

Considering how long I've had this first tube of Plumrose (about 1.5 years) I already know that this is an ALL-SEASONS color for me (even for my N10 complexion) and I love wearing this ANY time of year. These lipsticks from Milani's line are so incredibly creamy, and Milani cream finish Color Statements have their signature potent watermelon Jolly Rancher scent, which is off-putting to some (and usually myself, as I am getting a bit sensitive to heavily-scented lip products in general nowadays) but I actually don't mind the scent of these lipsticks! It's a cheery, bright scent, and just give it about 3 minutes or so after you apply, and the scent is gone. I wear this lipstick when I want to look more polished, and it's not neutral, but far from being too bright for professional settings. Something else to note is it's not a vampy deep plum at all, so I feel comfortable wearing it any time of day. The formula of these are SHOCKINGLY similar (almost identical) to the now discontinued Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipsticks, both in the finish and how creamy and full coverage they are from first swipe.

Definite repurchase! This brightens my sallow pale complexion even when I have no other makeup on (not even blusher!). I actually already have bought another tube of this baby. :)

on 5/30/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my second Milani lipstick. I love it. The scent, the packaging, the texture. This color is a beautiful red-pink-mauve. It is so beautiful on my light olive skin and brightens up my whole face. I have to reapply frequently because I drink tea all day but that doesn't bother me. I love putting on lipstick. It's creamy and moisturizing. Highly recommend!!!

on 5/4/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

17 plumrose is a medium berry/plummy pink.

on 4/6/2017 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I was on the hunt for Maybelline Bit of Berry, but that's been discontinued and I've been unable to find it. Saw this and "think" it's similar; the color is a pinky plummy medium berry. I'm fair, neutral leaning cool, and I wore this today for a job interview (with Stila Convertible Color in Lotus and Tarte powder blush in paaarty), and not only is it very pretty, it's comfortable to wear, wears well for a traditional/not long-wearing lipstick, and wears off evenly, not patchy, and the color left on the lips looks nice, not icky and dry. I've been a big fan of Maybelline lipstick, but Milani is now on my go to list as well.

on 2/14/2016 6:23:00 AM

My HG drugstore lipstick ! This colour is amazing year round, it has that perfect cranberry shade to it for fall and winter, perfect around the holidays, yet bright enough for spring and summer to really pop. Such a fresh unique colour that's my go to, even though it's a pretty bold color, I feel super comfortable wearing it every day. And I personally love the fruity smell of these, they aren't strong once applied to the lips and the formula is super moisturizing and pigmented. Doesn't cling to dry patches, and is surprisingly long lasting for the price.

on 12/15/2015 3:27:00 PM

Beautiful warm plum, very daytime/work appropriate. One of my go-to's all year round. Comfortable on the lips, wears well. Does have a light fruity scent. Love the gold tube it comes in.

Would def repurchase and would recommend to the neutral/warm toned ladies and gents out there.

on 8/16/2015 10:11:00 PM

I cannot believe how much I love this lipstick. I have sensitive lips that get dry easily and react to ingredients easily. this lipstick is moisturizing, long wearing (not through a meal) and the color is beautiful. where has Milani been all my life??

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wish more stores carried Milani cosmetics!

This is a beautiful shade. I had read it was a dupe for Mac Craving, but to me, it is more a dupe or closer to Mac Captive. It also somewhat reminds me of Mac's Amorous. Along those lines!!!

This wears a good 6+ hours on me, some days even 8 or more hours, depending on the talking, eating, etc, I may be doing. It then leaves behind a nice stain. Another note, I do not detect a scent with this shade. To me that is a bonus (if just a personal preference!). ;-)

The only negative, I will say this might be very slightly drying for some. So you might want to use a balm before using this. I find that even if I apply a balm before this (summer here and I like an SPF for my lips when I go out), and I find a balm does not alter or mute the color, the pigmentation and application of this is that wonderful.

I am wondering if this Color Statement line is being fazed out (at least these older shades), because the stores here that do carry Milani (Kmart and CVS) have not ordered any more shades from this in a very long time. Bummer. But on that note, I have had luck in general with these Color Statement lipsticks from Milani.

on 12/17/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great all Around lipstick. Can't complain about a thing with this brand. It's very nice! Smooth & moisturizing. Deff a repurchase for me :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I usually only wear blackened purples, blackened reds and of course black lipsticks. My everyday lip color is cyber by mac. Lately I've been on the hunt for a pinky color that doesn't look ridiculous on me. I've been a fan of milani's black cherry and sangria for a long time so I decided to search the line for a wearable pink. Plumrose is the perfect muted pink/dusty rose for everyday use. I love this color and I wear it whenever I need some color on my lips and it isn't appropriate to wear my typical vampy colors.