Almay Softie eyeshadow

No Image

2.7

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I recently decided to go through and clean out my makeup storages as well as get rid of a few items. I stumbled upon two of these shadows and wondered why I have never really used them. So instead of tossing them, I decided to give them a try. There is not a shadow of doubt in my mind when I say that these are THE WORST EYESHADOWS EVERY!!!!!!! First of all, it takes an enormous amount of rubbing your hands through the product in order to get a decent finger swatch. From there, you can tell that if the finger swatches were bad, then the brush swatches were horrendous. It is impossible to get any sort of pigment onto a brush. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Also, after trying so hard to get a decent finger swatch, I noticed that the color of the swatch does not reflect that of the pan. I own both Hot Fudge and Smoke. Hot Fudge I supposed to be a nice dark brown to help blend out a neutral eye, but it comes across as very muddy and darker in the swatches. Smoke is supposed to be a very dark grey to help enhance a smoky eye, but it swatches as a sort of washed out navy color. The only possible positive thing that I can say about this product is that it is a soft formula, but that does not nearly make up for the horrible color swatches as well as the practically non existent pigmentation. My advice: Your money is better spent at Wet N Wild and MakeupGeek.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The cute packaging and promising look of this shadow (I purchased color 150 Smoke) may fool you. This is the least pigmented eyeshadow I have ever used. The formula itself is creamy but far too dense to get any onto a brush or your fingers and when you finally do, you will have absolutely NO color payoff. DO NOT BUY THIS SHADOW.

on 2/23/2015 4:06:00 PM

This is one of the worst eyeshadows I have ever bought. It is incredibly chalky and has no pigmentation. I would not recommend this to anyone. I'm going to throw mine out

Creme brulee - pretty sheen but no pigmentation at all.

on 6/26/2015 1:49:00 PM

I bought "vintage grape" and "petal" these are easy to use and provide a light sweep of color. These are my go to summer shadows when I want a soft not too made up look. They don't build well, and can't do anything dramatic.

on 6/14/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

These eyeshadows are really cute and they are called SOFTIE EYESHADOWS soooo they only have a wash of color. They are good for ppl who want a soft eye look...you wont get a dramatic look with these...they are very soft and smooth and most of the colors are sheer.. i personally think they are a bit on the high priced side for a wash of color..and in my experience u will definitely need a primer if you want these to stay on your eyes.. I not gonna purchase anymore of these bc i personally have no use for them..but if you arw someone who likes light eye looks then i think you will like these

on 9/16/2014 9:54:00 AM

I must admit, the name of these drew me in--I just love the idea of a soft, colorful wash of shadow. I have such trouble with drugstore eye shadows, but I don't have the budget for more expensive brands. These are perfect! I have the Lilac shade. It's not a cream, not a powder, somewhere in between. I've found that brushes do not give the full impact of the color. These are much more colorful when applied with a finger--kind of messy, but worth it. I get a nice, subtle shade of color that's very easy to wear--and no sparkles! I'm so disappointed when I get an eye shadow that is just all sparkle and no color. I will definitely try more colors in this line--maybe Smoke, as I've been looking for a taupe-grey neutral shade.

on 11/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This stuff does not blend. It is a mess. Good concept; bad implementation

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I expected more of a color pay off as they're on the more expensive at the drug store, however, they are much better then many Maybelline shadows and CG etc on my particular eyes. Great for the day time b/c they are so subtle. Very pleased that there's no sparkle or shimmer whatsoever. I have light-med brown / beigey skin so I purchased "Peach Fuzz" & "Sea Foam". They do not really show up on my dark lids, so I need to apply 2times, maybe even 3times over. I do like that they do NOT irritate my eyes nor is there any fallout like I get from so many other brands. High and low end eye-shadows often irritate my darn allergy eyes. The Body Shop still is my fav for shadows in every aspect and I will just spend the few extra bucks next time. But, they won't go un-sed as I can still wear them for work (even the blue / turquoise one).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Unfortunately, this eyeshadow didn't work out for me. I prefer eye products that are more pigmented, and this was just too sheer for me personally. I couldn't get the shadow to show up enough.
I don't like writing a review that's completely negative. The good thing is that I got this on sale, so I'm not too disappointed that it wasn't for me. The little teardrop-shaped cases that this comes in are cute.
Long story short, if you want a smooth, pigmented eyeshadow, don't buy this.