Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volum'express Waterproof

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried it the first time on school drama, yes, my friend owned this. My first thought when i see the wand is, it's very odd looking. Nothing like mascaras ive ever used before. I don't like the applicator, i think i poked my eyes when i tried to apply it. And it feels like you don't have enough product on all the time. But the formula is amazing! It curls your lashes really good, no curler needed! The curl never drops, and it adds volume and lengthens as well. 100% sweatproof and waterproof. I would purchase it if they make better wand out of this one

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday mascara for work. The price in India is very affordable (approx 3.6 USD). The packaging with its chunky yet slim pink metallic cap and black body is chic and pretty. I think I'm so used to Maybelline's chunky mascara tubes that slim tubes just disorient me for a second :D :D The product does a good job of holding up curls even on it's own although since my lashes are naturally of a decent length and curly it might not be the same for everyone, it volumises and lengthens fairly well for an everyday kind of wear. It would be unfair to compare it with the Falsies waterproof and I like the more subtle effect of this for what it is, I find falsies Falsies and Colossal to OTT for something like workplace wear where I wouldnt want so much of attention drawn to my lashes.It also lasts for about 9 hours (maybe more, I haven't worn it longer) on me and is easy to remove with a waterproof remover (I use the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm) which is another plus since I wouldn't want to tug my lashes off on a regular basis. It can although better itself slightly in the volumising arena, so I'd take off 1 lipstick there.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/10/2016 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I bought this mascara one day and but I didn't really like the first time using it (I used it without curling my lashes first).. It clumps and made my lashes looks like a black grass๐Ÿ˜‚ and it is hard to the touch, like fake eyelashes. Later next day I decided to try it again (this time by curling my lashes first).. this time it works better, giving me longer fuller lashes, it doesnt smudge, and waterproof! Something made me cried that day and then I realised that I have the mascara on and hurried to the mirror.. thank goodness it doesn't run down with the tears ๐Ÿ˜‚ the third try, I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! My natural lashes seems to grow longer ever since I started wearing the mascara! (I did remove my makeup thoroughly though) I really love it! ๐Ÿ˜I absolutely reccomend it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The packaging is black and pink and silver which is super cute!
I bought this only because it was discounted (hehe)

It adds a decent amount of length and volume to my eyelashes with one coat - i only use one coat when i am going for the more 'natural' look.
It starts to clump when i try to layer and add more coats of mascara to it - the brush is not very effective and de-clumping my lashes.
My lashes don't really curl and this mascara doesn't change it for me.
Only smudge and flake if i rub my eyes with this mascara on.
Overall a decent mascara for its price but i wouldn't repurchase it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this on a whim while browsing through Sasa overseas. I generally have good luck with Maybelline mascaras so I threw it in my basket without even checking the price tag. Packaging is cute with the typical fat Maybelline tube- black with a metallic pink cap. The wand is curved with traditional bristles- similar to the one of The Falsies mascara- only they are shorter and more dense. Upon first application I really liked the results. I curled my lashes first and applied 2 coats on top. Definitely waterproof, holds the curl on my crappy Asian lashes and didn't flake off in the hot humid temperatures of Hong Kong. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I like layering it over my L'oreal Miss Manga waterproof mascara. The only negative thing is that it's quite expensive for a drugstore mascara - retailing at 99 HKD (which is $12.77 USD). I found international sellers on eBay selling it for a little less, but nothing cheaper than typical US drugstore mascara prices :( definitely worth checking out if you're in Asia though.

on 4/28/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have this in Very Black and it definitely adds volume to my lashes. It doesn't curl though, which is what I need more. I like that the formula is not too watery, so it does not smudge or run as the day goes by. Also, it comes off nicely using my MAC eye makeup remover. Overall, it's a good volumizing mascara. But since my need is for a curling mascara, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/15/2014 9:01:00 AM

I have used it for several years. It is smudge proof and waterproof. And only cost me about $5 or less if the brand has a promo.

So I bought this just very recently, when I made a trip to Japan with my orchestra. Since where I come from, the good Maybelline products are all asianed up, I don't see very good products very often. The Hyper Curl was on sale in one of the Japanese drugstores that I happened to pass by, and so I bought it.

The product turned out to be pretty good, and it actually does make your eye lashes a lot thicker, more volume, and a lot longer and darker. But this product was not for me. I have really long brown eyelashes that just don't need THAT much makeup and redoing, if you know what i mean.

But overall, if you really want to look good and glam. go ahead and buy the mascara. For me at least, it was both smudge proof, and waterproof. So everything worked out just fine.

SO GO FOR IT!

on 8/1/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I didnt find myself stand out using this product. Just the same, only bit thicker obviously because i use a mascara but not necessarily longer or become "hyper curl". For daily use i think no problem since its cheap but will not buy it again

on 2/25/2014 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It doesn't make me look like a miserable panda.