Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara

3.9

on 8/14/2017 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This suits my lashes which are long and curly and dark anyway, it just gives a deep black definition and separates every lash. I like the way it defines the root of the lash making them look thicker. It's also quite a wet formula so no crustiness. I'd say it's not a wow factor but it is reliable and doesn't smudge and I like the subtle definition more than big doll lashes anyway. I would and indeed have repurchased.

on 7/14/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

So I used the tester of this and fell in love! Too bad it started flaking as it dried out. Too bad it was bone dry two weeks after I bought it!? I'll stick with the one with the skinny brush!

My favourite mascara! I got a deluxe sample in their eyecons package and i absolutley love it

on 4/26/2017 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

By the end of the day, this mascara smudges somewhat under my oily, hooded eyes. A cautious thumbs-up from me, but I'll keep looking for a mascara that doesn't smudge at all.

on 4/21/2017 8:32:00 AM

I was recommended this by a lady at sephora.
I really like this mascara, its very black and very buildable. I often get comments on my lashes when I wear it. I do also layer it with my maybelline lash sensational mascara.
The sephora lady told me this wouldn't smudge or flake, I do experience a little of both throughout the day. Its not enough to majorly annoy me but its not flake proof.
I would buy it again I think.

on 3/22/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is okay. It didn't irritate my eyes, it didn't flake or smudge. It did a decent-but-not-notable job of adding length and volume, and didn't cause clumping or make the curling fade prematurely. It was fine for a daily use but I wouldn't count on it for a dramatic look. However, I had a hard time removing it. I would make great effort to get it all off and then wake up in the morning with smudgey rings around my eyes from leftover product that had stubbornly refused to leave. Pretty average results - could do as well with a drugstore product.

on 3/13/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall this is an excellent mascara. Gives volume and length. Does not clump at all. I only use it on my top lashes and I have not seen any smudging.

There are so many mascaras out there, and I'm fortunate enough that I a) don't have oily skin and b) repress my emotions and don't cry very often, therefore I can experiment with mascaras with smudgeless abandon. I have fistfuls of sample size mascara tubes from beauty boxes, etc and most of them accomplish the same basic goals of darker, lashier lashes well enough. Few manage to stand out as excellent and worth buying again. So far, of the dozens of mascaras I've twiddled through my lashes, three stand out as worth a full size purchase: Benefit's Roller Lash, TheBalm's Tall, Dark and Handsome, and this from Bobbi Brown.

The actual black of this mascara is incredibly flattering and appealing--it complements the dark of pupils and liner and brows very well, and it appears to deepen, lengthen and multiply lashes in a lovely way. It's not goopy, and it doesn't turn brittle or chunky once dry. The Smokey Eye title is fitting because you can use it to really effectively accentuate your eye shape, conceal the subtle imperfections of your liner, and generally make yourself look formidable and sultry. As an example, if I wanted to make myself or someone else look like Kristen Stewart, I'd use this mascara. It also looks great on its own--it can really properly perk up your eyes.

on 2/10/2017 9:23:00 PM

I have never tried a Bobbi Brown mascara but received a sample of this and was quite pleased with the results.
It is a deep black color, easy to apply and is a nice mascara to use everyday for work. The wand allows you to apply the product evenly and the coverage is good. It costs every lash easily as well. I had no clumping on application and no smudging throughout the day.
It doesn't add much volume but does give nice definition to my lashes. It's not very buildable either but for me one coat serves my purpose.
I like it! I even bought a full size tube after the sample ran out (which took about a month which also was good).
It's a little pricey however, as lately Bobbi Brown has to me gotten expensive and her quality is no where near Chanel or Dior.
Anyway I recommend giving it a try to use for work or casual use. If you want more dramatic lashes, this does not fit that need.

I started off with a sample and i absolutely love it! Like previous reviews, i do agree that once its on its difficult to build up when its dry or apply further coats but then again one is all i really need. I have dead straight asian lashes and its hard for me to find a good mascara but this does the trick! Its a bit difficult to take off so i admit i do find myself holding my makeup wipe over my eye for a longer period of time than normal but that staying power also helps with not smudging throughout the day! Tbh i still am on my sample, ive been wesring everyday for two months so yes it is very expensive but the small tube alone would last you 4 months since one coat does the trick. Maybelline and etc are equally great but with having to use so many coats i find the prices end up matching up anyways since my full size maybellines only last a couple months. Ill definitely be repurchasing this from now on!

Popular Mascaras