Sephora Be on the A List

on 6/14/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't have anything bad to say about this. I swatched every light brown shimmery shadow in sephora and this was the best. I was looking for one that didn't pull bronze, gold, purple- just a true light brown. This is a sophisticated shade because it has a barely noticeable light pink quality in the shimmer. Over UDPP it lasts all day. Love!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a sucker for taupe eye shadows. I'd been eyeing this for some time and reading the previous review just pushed me over the edge into buying it. I don't regret it at all. It is subtle, sophisticated, flattering and just perfect.

Sephora generally has really stepped up their game with regard to their own line of products. I have really fallen for their eye liners and jumbo eye pencils and their brushes have always been a staple with me. Their Prisma Chrome shadows (now, sadly, discontinued) are among the best quality shadows I own. I was eager try their extensive selection of "regular" shadows and this is my first purchase. I am thrilled. This is a flattering, very wearable taupe shadow. There is something about the colour or perhaps it is the intensity of how it applies that really highlights my eyes to the point where I don't even need eye liner - this shadow and some black mascara does it all. I also love that these are easy to depot (no need for surgical implements, welding torches, flame throwers and a wrench!) and that Sephora GIVES you free palettes (a 3 pan if you buy 2 shadows - how GREAT is that?).

I really want to get several more of these shadows because they are so affordable, mostly excellent, there is a huge colour range to choose from and Sephora has really put a lot of thought into making using them much more practical for the consumer. So...if anyone has suggestions for other shades to try, don't hesitate to let me know!

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/7/2013 1:45:00 PM

Great everyday taupe. Good amount of pigment, a touch of shimmer, nice lasting power. While I rarely buy this line of eye shadows, this is my frequent go-to.