Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

4.2

Aqua, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, Polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate, Sorbitan Oleate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Sodium chloride, Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearalkonium hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium lauroyl glutamate, Sorbic Acid, Propylene carbonate, Mica, Lysine, Magnesium chloride, Caffeine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Siloxanetriol alginate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate. 15mL.

on 10/28/2017 12:48:00 PM

This is truly a miracle undereye conceler. It doesn't have the absolutely best coverage, but somehow makes the entire eye area bright and gives my face a fresh, rested look. Very creamy, application is a breeze. Lasts a good few hours. I personally do not use any primer or powder with this concealer, as both tend to accentuate my small wrinkles. So I reapply the concealer during the day, but that's just my preference.

Not the cheapest concealer out there (32 bucks), but IMO it's worth its price. The tube looks elegant, as most Clarins products do.

All that being said, I was quite surprised that the no 2 shade was the best match for my pale skin. I initially tried the no 1 and it made me look like a racoon.

on 10/27/2017 10:18:00 PM

I just bought my sevond tube. The first lasted over a year. Hands down best undereye concealer I have tried. Skin but better.

on 10/1/2017 11:33:00 PM

I agree with most of the good reviews on here. This concealer is one of the best formulas out there. It blends easily, isn't drying, looks like skin, has a slight color correcting tone, doesn't look heavy or unnatural, and subtly reflects light. It isn't the most full coverage concealer, but I've mixed it with heavier concealers with good results. It helps some full coverage concealers look more natural.

The only downsides are packaging and shade range, but neither are deal breakers for me, as I've been lucky to find a shade that matches me, and I can put up with the packaging for a good formula. I do wish Clarins would change the packaging and make shades for everyone though.

on 10/2/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in shade 1, for m NC15-20 skin tone, for concealing the area under the eyes. My skin there is quite wrinkle-free, normal, but I have pretty bad undereye circles. What I have found to work best for me are concealers with a very thin consistency and lots of coverage, quite moisturizing, but not oily - otherwise they crease. I always then set my concealer with a translucent powder.

The consistency of this is very thin, the coverage is medium - a little less than I would like. With powder on top, this holds up most of the day, but begins to crease a little in the evening. With the lack of coverage, this really isn't my favorite concealer. I have used up most of it (because I'm that dedicated to finishing products), but I would not buy again for sure. I also strongly dislike the packaging - it leaks pretty badly, and affects how much I like this. There's always a lot of concealer in the cap, so this isn't a product that can be stored standing. I travel quite a lot, and after a plane flight, with changing air pressure, this always leaks really badly.

What I have found instead of this is the Helena Rubinstein Magic concealer - similar packaging, but I don't have the problems with leakage, and better coverage and staying power on my skin. The downside is the strongly limited shade range - only 3 colors. For NC10-20, shade 1 should be good, while 25 and up would be shade 2

this is the BEST concealer i 've ever tested, and i tested a lot.
EL, LA MER, LANCOME, LA PRAIRIE, DIOR, GIVANCY, GUERLAIN, MAC, BOBBI BROWN, drugstore, u name it. i have them all.
i ve seen it in a lot of tutorials and i finally decided to give it a try.
HG situation..
fully pigmented, but lightweight form, just like a better skin.
just love it. i will never be without

This conceals, so does its job well to hide my redness. But everytime I use this I break out within a couple of days afterwards exactly on the areas I have applied it. So I would not purchase again, but this tube will last me about 5 years anyway since I only apply it when absolutely necessary.

Do not use if you are prone to breaking out from product easily.

Also extremely limited shades , not sure about elsewhere but here in nz we only have 3 shades.... so 99% of us either have to settle for lighter or darker than your skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on a hunt for a reasonably good looking undereye concealer and this tube from Clarins does seem to fit the bill. However, I don't think it is a good product on its own but when mixed with another concealer? Oh la la! Then the magic happen, at least under MY eyes.

Sali Hughes, who is a big beauty writer here in UK and who is roughly my age (I don't listen to those teenage Youtube gurus any more) and dry skin like mine was singing its praises for a couple of years now and I should have listened to her earlier. Whatever she recommends simply does its job and somehow seems to work for me and my skin perfectly. So finally I got it on a whim with my collection of Boot's points at a local Clarins counter and I really enjoy using it. But as I've said - NOT on its own.

Well, you can use it on its own and the results are quite good - a brighter, not creepy undereye, shadows are not quite covered but the whole area looks fresher. It does settle into fine lines a bit but let's face it, when one is almost 40 all concealers placed there are going to do that. The trick is to choose one that does not look heavy (hello Nars Creamy Concealer) but makes the area look a bit better.

The problem is that this concealer does not last all day - it lasts 3-4 hours and then needs a touch up. My dry undereye laps it up, nom nom nom and it is gone. I'm at work all day long, I don't really have a time to pee sometimes not to mention a makeup touchup!

However, if I add a dot of an otherwise too heavy, cakey and obvious looking NARS creamy concealer or a Lancome tube one that is a bit too peachy-pink for my liking - a magic happens. Both concealers added in a very small amount on top of Clarins one are heavy duty, full coverage, setting ones (which means that they do not require powdering on top after application which can result in a dry looking, ageing, sad and tired undereye = the effect opposite to what we were trying to achieve). On their own, these are way to heavy and drying. When added in a tiny amount on top of Clarins - alleluyah! Suddenly a slightly transparent and flimsy looking Clarins gets an oomph, lasts all day, does not need powdering to anchor it in the right place (aka NOT in the fine lines) and is exactly the product I was looking for.

Who would have thought I might improve on Sali Hughes?

on 2/26/2017 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is THE BEST concealer I have ever used. I honestly wonder why it is not more popular (though I can think of some reasons, which I will list below). Every time I buy or try a new concealer, I always compare it to this one, it has left that kind of effect on me!

Pros: The coverage is HIGH and incredible, brightening, medium thickness formula (not too thin, not too thick), it blends so well, stays on ALL DAY, great texture.

Cons: The packaging is awful, and the shade range is honestly sad.

The issues with their only being a few shades is probably the biggest reason why this product is not more raved about. Despite those two issues, I am giving this product a 5 because the actual concealer is so perfect and people need to know!

Clarins-you have a holy grail product on your hands and the beauty world would be turned up side down if you extended the shade range of this product and changed the packaging!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think the product itself is great. The pink undertones do well to neutralize dark circles. It has light reflecting pigments that brighten the undereye nicely. I recommend blending in with fingers. I tried using a damp mini beauty blender but something with the moisture of the sponge reacts poorly to the product to where it will come off the skin, instead of blend. Highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. I'm giving a poor overall review, however, due to the packaging. For some reason every time I open this the product is already oozing out without squeezing it at all!! It is so wasteful and infuriating! Especially because this stuff is expensive. With that much product going to waste and the price tag on this stuff it is simply too much to overcome and I will not repurchase unless they improve the tube or completely redesign the packaging.

on 4/1/2017 4:35:00 PM

I bought this as a undereye concealer but it's horrible. It creases within minutes and look very cakey and dry. The concealer itself has nice medium coverage and the color is a perfect match. You also need a very little amount. The price is ok but i'm not gonna repurchase i think there is better concealers out there for the same or a lower price which last longer and doesn't crease.