Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

4.2

Aqua, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, Polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate, Sorbitan Oleate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Sodium chloride, Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearalkonium hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium lauroyl glutamate, Sorbic Acid, Propylene carbonate, Mica, Lysine, Magnesium chloride, Caffeine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Siloxanetriol alginate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate. 15mL.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was a good concealer although there are a couple of things about it that have made me move on since I finished it up. Firstly, you get a very good amount of this concealer for the price, it took me over a year to finish this product up. It is very liquidy and blendable and offers pretty good coverage for most people. On me it was very dewy and hydrating (which I liked because my undereye area is dehydrated) however you definitely need to set this or it will look too dewy and move around.

There are only a few shades, I used the lightest one and it ran very peachy (which can be good for colour correcting on some people) however my circles are more purply/browny in tone so I would have preferred something more yellowy. They definitely need to expand their shade range.

However, the biggest annoyance I have with this product is the packaging, as others have noted. I tried my best to make it work and ignore it because of the good product however it just caused too many issues for me almost every time I used it. No matter how careful I was to squeeze out the tiniest amount or store this in a certain way, most times I used it WAY more product than I wanted would shoot out and cause a mess. This resulted in wasting much of this product, although there is a lot in the tube and it lasted me a while I think it could have lasted me even longer were it not for the packaging. The cap would become extremely messy because of this. I think the formula of this concealer would be much better suited to pump packaging or a doefoot applicator.

I am now using and trying other concealers, the formula was pretty good but the packaging is just too annoying and messy for me and the shade was not right for me.

on 1/13/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I recently decided to try this in shade 01 as a replacement for my La Prairie in shade 2 (I use both 1 and 2, the 1 to cancel the blue of my under-eye circles and the beigey 2 to even out with the rest of the face). I like the Clarins a lot! For my skin tone and purposes I like it better than the LP 2. Shade-wise the 01 is neutral, maybe with a tiny shift to peachiness, and a bit lighter than the LP 2 (which is more yellow), so the Clarins is a better match for my complexion (fair neutral with a tiny shift to cold). I like the fluid creamy formula, it feels emollient but not silicony-slippery and not suffocating the thin under-eye skin. It gives a decent coverage (better than the LP, which is more silicony, so sheerer) which makes it a versatile product for blemishes as well - i.e.if you find a good match in the 3 shades, of which the 01 is the only quite neutral whereas 02,03, i find, have an evident peachy tone which makes them more under-eye-dedicated.
So, I use it under the eyes on top of the fair pinkish LP 1 (which serves me as a color-corrector), and unless I overload, doesn't crease and generally behaves well. The shade 01 is imo a bit lighter than nc15, and for my nc10 mug it goes well because there's the LP1 under it (and blue circles under all of that). I like the ingredients - quite good, actually, for a non-organic brand. Doesn't irritate my skin.
I would prefer a pen instead of the tube (the Clarins make a pen concealer, but I didn't like it as much when I swatched, sheerer and silicony) - and a messy tube at that! But I try to be careful with it, so it has behaved fine in the 3 weeks that I use it. Only once it tried to squirt out a huge blob. Oh well, a liquidy formula in a thin plastic tube are meant for disaster, at least you get truly a lot of quality product for less $ than other department store brands. As far as I can remember, when I used Lancome Effacernes and Dior Nude both their formulas were thicker and the plastic sturdier, so they were less messy (not a bliss, though, either; also, they were drying (Lancome) or heavy (Dior) and their shades were devoid of any circle-correcting tone).

Amazing product! Light texture, lasts all day, sheer to medium coverage with brightening and lifting effect. Tired eyes best friend.

on 10/30/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my new go to-concealer. I used to depend on the Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer, but as it became harder an harder to get a hold of, I decided to try something new. The Clarins Instant Concealer certainly meets the standards. It has similar, very good coverage, and it does not crease. The texture is a bit thick, so you have to be careful not to put on too heavy of a layer, but as long as you blend well all is good.

The price is not too bad, expecially since it will probably last for almost a year. A little goes a long way, and it lasts all day so you do not need to re apply it.

It does however not offer any luminating properties, so if that is something you are looking for this might not be the best choice. But if you are after something to effectively give you a flawless skin tone, this is your guy.

Amazing ! The best concealer ever ! OR at least one of the best in the market. You put it one and looks like you never had circles. Blends perfectly, is not caked covers naturally and totally. My circles are not immense but really noticeable. I do not makeup regularly but Concealer is the one product I would never go out without. So I want it also to be light so that it doesnt look cakey and let's my skin breath. This is ideal!
Texture: natural to moisturized (not matte, not dry, you could set it with powder if you prefer matte but it is not as moisturizer as to look wet .. I leave it without powder)
It doesn't crease !!!! (If you put eye cream under) It also does not emphasize the fine lines.
Some people complain about the limited color choices (there exist only three) but for me 1 is perfect for winter and 2 for summer.
Also important! I have so sensitive eyes, generally avoid makeup around the eyes and I have rejected several concealers and eye creams for that reason. This is also eye friendly, I get minor discomfort if it really "enters" my eyes but nothing much or severe. The coverage is so beautiful and relatively lasting!

Pricey might be a bit, but the package lasts really a lot and considering the benefits...I find it economic :)

Perfect tip for application: apply any eye cream under (prevents creasing) then apply any way (fingers, soft brush but idealy beauty blender)

Concealers I have tried and rejected:
Mac (allergies), Estée Lauder's double wear liquid (cakey, creasing and Allergies!!!), physicians formula double end (doesn't work), Clinique even better concealer in jar (sticky wet like heavy), bobbi brown correcteur (terrible sticky heavy cakey), lancome Tube (buh not favorite)
Dior nude (nice if yo have super light circles. Much less coverage and more expensive )

Concealer I like: Clinique airbrush (summer light coverage)
Chanel (nice concealer but allergy rejected)
Body shop light pen (nice also light coverage)

on 10/15/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the best undereye concealer I've found to date. Such an improvement from my previous Diorskin Nude concealer too!

It blends very easily, doesn't dry my skin out, looks very natural but covers well (still, if you have mayor issues with dark circles might need a corrector) and lasts all day. The aspect that impressed me most is that it does not crease no matter how long the hours! Impressive!

I had no issues with the packaging and feel that the price is fair for 15ml of product which is half the amount of a regular foundation.

The only cons is that I don't really find it brightening but that's probably due to the limited shade selection - I'm pale and slightly warm toned and 01 is exactly the shade of my skin. Still, I'm a happy camper and would recommend to all if you can find a color match!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely one of the best concealers ever on the market, almost perfect if not for the shade selection. I settled on 02 for my NC20 skin even though it's a tad too dark because it's salmon and helps mask dark circles.

PROS:

- light texture
- excellent coverage, almost full
- blends seamlessly
- looks like skin
- slightly brightening effect
- does not crease
- does not accentuate fine lines
- does not make under eye skin look or feel dry
- sets on the skin, eliminating the need for powder
- lasts all day

CONS:

- only 4 shades

on 5/6/2016 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very rarely do I actually make the effort to a review a product, but when it's this good, then I have to. I have used nearly every high end concealer out there and this tube prevails over all of them!!! Clea de peau, Nars, YSL to name a few. Extremely workable for a buildable product, very light weight in texture yet will conceal properly, and lasts without having to powder set. I am actually really surprised as I never pay attention to makeup from brands well known for their skin care line rather than their cosmetics. But I'm glad I did, it's a winner!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just love this stuff. It goes on so nicely, doesn't crease, blends in seamlessly. I'm on a mission to find products that are invisible on my skin and serve their purpose and this is definitely one of those. Can see myself buying this over and over again. I don't have major under eye circles but will try this with a peach / salmon colored backlight for better masking for those days when I need it. No smell that I could detect and quite liquidy but nothing too much. If you need full coverage this is not it, though. Keep looking.

This concealer is amazing!, feels hydrating and really brightens the under eye area, coverage is medium-full and looks really good on plus it last all day, shade selections is limited but I think you can make it work, such an amazing product!. I see a lot of people complaining about packaging and asking for a wand aplicator kind of product, however you get 15ml of concealer with current packaging, lip gloss-like packaging have 8ml of product maximum, just try to put it facing up or on the sides so that it doesnt come out as soon as you open it.