Clarins Instant Concealer

Clarins Instant Concealer

4.1

Aqua, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, Polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate, Sorbitan Oleate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Sodium chloride, Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearalkonium hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium lauroyl glutamate, Sorbic Acid, Propylene carbonate, Mica, Lysine, Magnesium chloride, Caffeine, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Siloxanetriol alginate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate. 15mL.

This conceals, so does its job well to hide my redness. But everytime I use this I break out within a couple of days afterwards exactly on the areas I have applied it. So I would not purchase again, but this tube will last me about 5 years anyway since I only apply it when absolutely necessary.

Do not use if you are prone to breaking out from product easily.

Also extremely limited shades , not sure about elsewhere but here in nz we only have 3 shades.... so 99% of us either have to settle for lighter or darker than your skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on a hunt for a reasonably good looking undereye concealer and this tube from Clarins does seem to fit the bill. However, I don't think it is a good product on its own but when mixed with another concealer? Oh la la! Then the magic happen, at least under MY eyes.

Sali Hughes, who is a big beauty writer here in UK and who is roughly my age (I don't listen to those teenage Youtube gurus any more) and dry skin like mine was singing its praises for a couple of years now and I should have listened to her earlier. Whatever she recommends simply does its job and somehow seems to work for me and my skin perfectly. So finally I got it on a whim with my collection of Boot's points at a local Clarins counter and I really enjoy using it. But as I've said - NOT on its own.

Well, you can use it on its own and the results are quite good - a brighter, not creepy undereye, shadows are not quite covered but the whole area looks fresher. It does settle into fine lines a bit but let's face it, when one is almost 40 all concealers placed there are going to do that. The trick is to choose one that does not look heavy (hello Nars Creamy Concealer) but makes the area look a bit better.

The problem is that this concealer does not last all day - it lasts 3-4 hours and then needs a touch up. My dry undereye laps it up, nom nom nom and it is gone. I'm at work all day long, I don't really have a time to pee sometimes not to mention a makeup touchup!

However, if I add a dot of an otherwise too heavy, cakey and obvious looking NARS creamy concealer or a Lancome tube one that is a bit too peachy-pink for my liking - a magic happens. Both concealers added in a very small amount on top of Clarins one are heavy duty, full coverage, setting ones (which means that they do not require powdering on top after application which can result in a dry looking, ageing, sad and tired undereye = the effect opposite to what we were trying to achieve). On their own, these are way to heavy and drying. When added in a tiny amount on top of Clarins - alleluyah! Suddenly a slightly transparent and flimsy looking Clarins gets an oomph, lasts all day, does not need powdering to anchor it in the right place (aka NOT in the fine lines) and is exactly the product I was looking for.

Who would have thought I might improve on Sali Hughes?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was a good concealer although there are a couple of things about it that have made me move on since I finished it up. Firstly, you get a very good amount of this concealer for the price, it took me over a year to finish this product up. It is very liquidy and blendable and offers pretty good coverage for most people. On me it was very dewy and hydrating (which I liked because my undereye area is dehydrated) however you definitely need to set this or it will look too dewy and move around.

There are only a few shades, I used the lightest one and it ran very peachy (which can be good for colour correcting on some people) however my circles are more purply/browny in tone so I would have preferred something more yellowy. They definitely need to expand their shade range.

However, the biggest annoyance I have with this product is the packaging, as others have noted. I tried my best to make it work and ignore it because of the good product however it just caused too many issues for me almost every time I used it. No matter how careful I was to squeeze out the tiniest amount or store this in a certain way, most times I used it WAY more product than I wanted would shoot out and cause a mess. This resulted in wasting much of this product, although there is a lot in the tube and it lasted me a while I think it could have lasted me even longer were it not for the packaging. The cap would become extremely messy because of this. I think the formula of this concealer would be much better suited to pump packaging or a doefoot applicator.

I am now using and trying other concealers, the formula was pretty good but the packaging is just too annoying and messy for me and the shade was not right for me.

on 2/26/2017 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is THE BEST concealer I have ever used. I honestly wonder why it is not more popular (though I can think of some reasons, which I will list below). Every time I buy or try a new concealer, I always compare it to this one, it has left that kind of effect on me!

Pros: The coverage is HIGH and incredible, brightening, medium thickness formula (not too thin, not too thick), it blends so well, stays on ALL DAY, great texture.

Cons: The packaging is awful, and the shade range is honestly sad.

The issues with their only being a few shades is probably the biggest reason why this product is not more raved about. Despite those two issues, I am giving this product a 5 because the actual concealer is so perfect and people need to know!

Clarins-you have a holy grail product on your hands and the beauty world would be turned up side down if you extended the shade range of this product and changed the packaging!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think the product itself is great. The pink undertones do well to neutralize dark circles. It has light reflecting pigments that brighten the undereye nicely. I recommend blending in with fingers. I tried using a damp mini beauty blender but something with the moisture of the sponge reacts poorly to the product to where it will come off the skin, instead of blend. Highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. I'm giving a poor overall review, however, due to the packaging. For some reason every time I open this the product is already oozing out without squeezing it at all!! It is so wasteful and infuriating! Especially because this stuff is expensive. With that much product going to waste and the price tag on this stuff it is simply too much to overcome and I will not repurchase unless they improve the tube or completely redesign the packaging.

on 4/1/2017 4:35:00 PM

I bought this as a undereye concealer but it's horrible. It creases within minutes and look very cakey and dry. The concealer itself has nice medium coverage and the color is a perfect match. You also need a very little amount. The price is ok but i'm not gonna repurchase i think there is better concealers out there for the same or a lower price which last longer and doesn't crease.

on 1/13/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I recently decided to try this in shade 01 as a replacement for my La Prairie in shade 2 (I use both 1 and 2, the 1 to cancel the blue of my under-eye circles and the beigey 2 to even out with the rest of the face). I like the Clarins a lot! For my skin tone and purposes I like it better than the LP 2. Shade-wise the 01 is neutral, maybe with a tiny shift to peachiness, and a bit lighter than the LP 2 (which is more yellow), so the Clarins is a better match for my complexion (fair neutral with a tiny shift to cold). I like the fluid creamy formula, it feels emollient but not silicony-slippery and not suffocating the thin under-eye skin. It gives a decent coverage (better than the LP, which is more silicony, so sheerer) which makes it a versatile product for blemishes as well - i.e.if you find a good match in the 3 shades, of which the 01 is the only quite neutral whereas 02,03, i find, have an evident peachy tone which makes them more under-eye-dedicated.
So, I use it under the eyes on top of the fair pinkish LP 1 (which serves me as a color-corrector), and unless I overload, doesn't crease and generally behaves well. The shade 01 is imo a bit lighter than nc15, and for my nc10 mug it goes well because there's the LP1 under it (and blue circles under all of that). I like the ingredients - quite good, actually, for a non-organic brand. Doesn't irritate my skin.
I would prefer a pen instead of the tube (the Clarins make a pen concealer, but I didn't like it as much when I swatched, sheerer and silicony) - and a messy tube at that! But I try to be careful with it, so it has behaved fine in the 3 weeks that I use it. Only once it tried to squirt out a huge blob. Oh well, a liquidy formula in a thin plastic tube are meant for disaster, at least you get truly a lot of quality product for less $ than other department store brands. As far as I can remember, when I used Lancome Effacernes and Dior Nude both their formulas were thicker and the plastic sturdier, so they were less messy (not a bliss, though, either; also, they were drying (Lancome) or heavy (Dior) and their shades were devoid of any circle-correcting tone).

Amazing product! Light texture, lasts all day, sheer to medium coverage with brightening and lifting effect. Tired eyes best friend.

on 10/30/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my new go to-concealer. I used to depend on the Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer, but as it became harder an harder to get a hold of, I decided to try something new. The Clarins Instant Concealer certainly meets the standards. It has similar, very good coverage, and it does not crease. The texture is a bit thick, so you have to be careful not to put on too heavy of a layer, but as long as you blend well all is good.

The price is not too bad, expecially since it will probably last for almost a year. A little goes a long way, and it lasts all day so you do not need to re apply it.

It does however not offer any luminating properties, so if that is something you are looking for this might not be the best choice. But if you are after something to effectively give you a flawless skin tone, this is your guy.

Amazing ! The best concealer ever ! OR at least one of the best in the market. You put it one and looks like you never had circles. Blends perfectly, is not caked covers naturally and totally. My circles are not immense but really noticeable. I do not makeup regularly but Concealer is the one product I would never go out without. So I want it also to be light so that it doesnt look cakey and let's my skin breath. This is ideal!
Texture: natural to moisturized (not matte, not dry, you could set it with powder if you prefer matte but it is not as moisturizer as to look wet .. I leave it without powder)
It doesn't crease !!!! (If you put eye cream under) It also does not emphasize the fine lines.
Some people complain about the limited color choices (there exist only three) but for me 1 is perfect for winter and 2 for summer.
Also important! I have so sensitive eyes, generally avoid makeup around the eyes and I have rejected several concealers and eye creams for that reason. This is also eye friendly, I get minor discomfort if it really "enters" my eyes but nothing much or severe. The coverage is so beautiful and relatively lasting!

Pricey might be a bit, but the package lasts really a lot and considering the benefits...I find it economic :)

Perfect tip for application: apply any eye cream under (prevents creasing) then apply any way (fingers, soft brush but idealy beauty blender)

Concealers I have tried and rejected:
Mac (allergies), Estée Lauder's double wear liquid (cakey, creasing and Allergies!!!), physicians formula double end (doesn't work), Clinique even better concealer in jar (sticky wet like heavy), bobbi brown correcteur (terrible sticky heavy cakey), lancome Tube (buh not favorite)
Dior nude (nice if yo have super light circles. Much less coverage and more expensive )

Concealer I like: Clinique airbrush (summer light coverage)
Chanel (nice concealer but allergy rejected)
Body shop light pen (nice also light coverage)