The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash

The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Stearyl Alcohol (Emollient), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Myristyl Alcohol (Emulsifier/Emollient), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Salicylic Acid (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Really refreshing and gentle enough not to dry out my face like a lot of washes do. However, if like me you suffer from a greasy t-zone this doesn't always feel like it's cleansed that area enough.

on 2/14/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Cooling feeling

Cons:
- Extremely drying
- Fragrance is very strong

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/15/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love the smell, the texture and how it feels on my skin. It's my favorite wash from the tea tree line because it doesn't make my skin get dry and helps my blemishes to heal faster. The only thing I don't like it's the packaging, the product clumps in the cap.

on 11/7/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This cleanser really surprised me. I'm usually a gel cleanser kind of girl (I tend to stay away from creams as I am extremely oily and I don't want to risk getting any oilier). I alternate between Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel and this, but really this cleanser alone is good enough. It is truly a dream to massage on (especially in the mornings), and my face feels so cleansed and refreshed after.
Reasonably priced, didn't make me oilier, calmed down my live breakouts and is a pleasure to use.
The packaging's a bit of a pain though once you're down to the dregs as the tube makes it hard to squeeze all of the goodness out.

on 9/27/2015 8:30:00 AM

I switched to this one instead of the regular tea tree facial cleanser by TBS. it's ok... Doesn't irritate or overdry but it feels a bit difficult to wash off which feels annoying. If you're into lather, stick to the other tea tree facial cleanser.

on 9/17/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm a Body Shop junkie and former assistant manager, so I of course have tried almost every single product in the store. This started out amazing. It started to calm my clogged pores and redness, and was not drying at all like some of the other tea tree products, but my opinion of the product began to change after about a week. My skin started to get oilier than usual, and my clogged pores were coming back with a vengeance! I have an entire bottle left of it, so I use it only when I'm starting to get a breakout or if my skin starts to feel a little dry. This product does contain salicylic acid (which my skin hates) so I try to only use it when absolutely necessary. I could see this working for someone with dry acne, but proceed with caution. The cooling sensation does feel wonderful on irritated skin though!

on 9/9/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on my second tube now and I have been using it as my morning cleanser. I honestly do not know whether it controls breakouts because I usually have a spot or two during that time of the month. It does control the oil pretty well for my combo/oily skin. My face does not feel tight after using it. Most importantly, I love the refreshing tree tea/minty scent that helps me to wake up everyday.

on 8/23/2015 9:13:00 AM

Not really effective,theres pimples popping out even though i use this everyday.Only cons is that u will feel refresh after washing as it is similar to applying mint facial wash to your skij.

on 8/17/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! my face is quite oily and when I use this it noticeably controls the shine on my face, this is probably my favourite face wash, It works really well on my acne and overall just leaves my skin feeling great.

on 6/18/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my second tube of this face wash and I really love it. I have always used tea tree products, and I especially love The Body Shop's tea tree line. Prior to this, I was using their squeaky clean cleanser with tea tree, but I found it to be a little too drying even for my oily skin.

This cleanser goes on smooth and is perfect for morning use, when your face just needs a rinse but not to completely take off makeup. I really love how its so moisturizing and doesn't dry out my skin at all, or make it feel tight, but still treats and heals potential blemishes. The consistency is thick, almost like a heavy moisturizing cream. It smells very much like tea tree oil, and tingles slightly on your face but it is not uncomfortable.

I think that this product is great for people with oily, combination, and even dry skin - basically anyone who suffers from congested pores.